Just pre-ordered Return Of The One-Armed Swordsman...

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

from my local FYE. Should arrive there by this coming thursday. I love this film. Ti Lung's very early cameo. I wonder if this was one of his earliest or his very first time on film? The movie's awesome though, can't wait to see whether or not the english dub is remastered. I think it may have it. We'll see.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My copy should be in today or tomorrow. Its a great movie but im not overly excited for the release. Ive seen it a ton of times. If it had some special features on it, then I would be impatient for my copy haha.

masterofoneinchpunch

Ti Lung's first appearance. It surprised me seeing him in this film (of course I had not read this thread yet).

I was quite happy that Best Buy had actually carried this (having to order online ones such as Hong Kong Godfather).

I was surprised by how much I liked it. Very enjoyable sequel. Quite bloody :).

well i finally got my copy of RETURN OF THE ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN----let me say this, excellent movie---one complaint though--the english dub is a new dub not the classic shaw voices of that time. this dub is ok but still , would have been better with the classic dubbers. i always thought that this was dubbed by that group(it was always on the lost shaw dub list ) but i guess not. some of these guys sounded like they were just reading it instead of living it. say what you want but those original guys added emotion and fury to the movie-- well i guess this english version is better than no english version. side thought--->as SOUL OF THE SWORD is due for release in oct and it was always on the lost shaw dub list--does any one know if this is going to have an original english dub ? thanks:ooh:

... the english dub is a new dub not the classic shaw voices of that time. this dub is ok but still , would have been better with the classic dubbers. i always thought that this was dubbed by that group(it was always on the lost shaw dub list ) but i guess not.

Actually those are the voice dubbers from some of JWY's Taiwan action films of the early 70's. You can hear some of those voices in films like, The Destroyers, Ma Su Chen, and Chow Ken

Shaolin Chamber 36

I finally also picked this movie up at a Frys Electronics. I have yet to crack it open. I will watch it dubbed though when I see it. :neutral:

Killer Meteor
Actually those are the voice dubbers from some of JWY's Taiwan action films of the early 70's. You can hear some of those voices in films like, The Destroyers, Ma Su Chen, and Chow Ken

Oh GOd, they also dubbed Korean Connection and Shaolin Tiger Claw. I think there are corpses with more pace to their voices then these clowns

Killer Meteor
Oh GOd, they also dubbed Korean Connection and Shaolin Tiger Claw. I think there are corpses with more pace to their voices then these clowns

Having just watched the new DVD, I have to ask: why did Shaws go for that dubbing group that sounds like people who can't speak English speaking VERY slowly whilst afflicted with the mumps? Its not the usual dubbing group Shaws used.

Good thing there's Mandarin audio and English subs. You should really try those Bobo!

i have watched it a second time in mandarin with the subs. it's funny---whenever i watch a good shaw movie that doesn't have an english dub i say- excellent movie but would have been better with a dub--after watching this dub i said- excellent movie to bad it didn't have a good english dub. what a world. i wonder why the shaws employed this team of dubbers when that had the other group ?:tinysmile_angry2_t:

shaolin swords

i was going to get this movie but now i dont know if the dubbing is that bad i think i will pass

vengeanceofhumanlanterns
i was going to get this movie but now i dont know if the dubbing is that bad i think i will pass[/quote

Dude, if your a venoms fan, you'd be foolish not to own this film. If not, then who cares.

Killer Meteor
i was going to get this movie but now i dont know if the dubbing is that bad i think i will pass

Watch it in Chinese with subs then.

Compared to the storyline of the original this one is kind of lame, I generally skip this one in terms of trilogy. I think Ti Lung and David Chaing brought a lot more to the table in New One Armed Swordsman.

Killer Meteor
I am fed up of these new dubs on films - they ruin the films!

Do people know why this is done ?

Its not a new dub in this case, its just a very bad one.

The dub was pretty atrocious, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.. I'm happy to at least have a dubbed version...

but after re-watching it, the fight scenes didn't seem as good as I remembered when I first viewed it back in 05, its still IMO highly inferior to the first one!! I even like the David Chiang re-make better..

Bronx Rican

We're not talking Abbot White-bad: very think accents and wooden line-reads all around, but at least I can understand everybody. Sounds like some of the same crew I heard in Chinese Kung Fu (aka Shaolin Long Arm). The result's also not very funny to me, unfortunately, except the voice on Chen Sing's character had me ROLLIN'!

Archived