Two Dragon Dynasty Shaws pushed back

OldPangYau

That's the problem... it wasn't.

Ditto. I rented the blu-ray through NetFlix just to see it with my own eyes... the upconverted DVD looked better than this blu-ray. The image of the blu-ray was softer and had "ghosting" due to improper video signal conversion (bad PAL-to-NTSC).

Now, it's not that they CAN'T make a good blu-ray of these movies. Just look at the French version of 36th Chamber! The screencap comparisons blew the Dragon Dynasty BR out of the water! It's just a matter of doing them right.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there THAT small a market out there that precludes them from releasing these on blu-ray as well? While the 36th Chamber BD was not as crisp as I had hoped, it is still better than the DVD copy. They continue releasing (rather, re-releasing) good titles, but nothing on blu-ray, but a handful of films...ones that I wouldn't have prioritized. Granted, they haven't done anything special to the blu-rays (e.g. all the visible wire-work is still present on the new Tai-Chi Master release), but it's nice to have systematic upgrades. [shrugs]

Well best picture quality for those of us who haven't drank the Blu Ray kool aid.......yet!! :tongue:

Well best picture quality for those of us who haven't drank the Blu Ray kool aid.......yet!! :tongue:

If that's a stab at blu-ray, then you haven't seen SB blu-rays done right, such as Opium and the Kung Fu Master and (to a lesser, yet still impressive, extent) The Deadly Duo. And I'll be buying the blu-ray of Heroes Two... whenever it may come out (should be tomorrow... but this is Media Blasters we're talking about).

Don't bash the blu... just the shit blus like 36th Chamber... oh yeah, and DD's release of The Killer :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

What happen to Shaolin Prince??? It was suppose to be release today as well, is that title being delayed??

If that's a stab at blu-ray, then you haven't seen SB blu-rays done right, such as Opium and the Kung Fu Master and (to a lesser, yet still impressive, extent) The Deadly Duo. And I'll be buying the blu-ray of Heroes Two... whenever it may come out (should be tomorrow... but this is Media Blasters we're talking about).

Don't bash the blu... just the shit blus like 36th Chamber... oh yeah, and DD's release of The Killer :tongue:

No no not a stab a blu ray at all. Just that I haven't jumped on board yet...if I didn't have kids and a roof to pay for this year...I'd be all over blu ray!!

Just having fun per usual!! :tongue: thanks for not taking it as a shot as blu ray of those who have it. :bigsmile:

What happen to Shaolin Prince??? It was suppose to be release today as well, is that title being delayed??

I'm thinking that was a incorrect date from the jump.. Funi has been releasing there shaws 2 at a time simultaneously, an they have the duel slated for the 3rd of August so I'm thinking SP will be on the 3rd as well.. I've also seen a few sites having Shaolin Prince for the 3rd also. (deepdiscount, fye).. mainly amazon had the date jumbled up

No no not a stab a blu ray at all. Just that I haven't jumped on board yet...if I didn't have kids and a roof to pay for this year...I'd be all over blu ray!!

Just having fun per usual!! :tongue: thanks for not taking it as a shot as blu ray of those who have it. :bigsmile:

Eh, I didn't think so... I figured it was just playful "ribbing"... what the hell does that word even mean, anyway? Eh. But yeah, blu-ray, like DVD, is still something you need to research when looking for movies. Like the new Predator blu-ray actually looks WORSE than the previous blu-ray, all because Fox got overzealous in trying to get rid of the natural film grain. Ugh. However, I will admit, Dragon Dynasty's blu-ray releases of post-2000 films such as Tom Yum Goong and SPL look AMAZING.

Eh, I didn't think so... I figured it was just playful "ribbing"... what the hell does that word even mean, anyway? Eh. But yeah, blu-ray, like DVD, is still something you need to research when looking for movies. Like the new Predator blu-ray actually looks WORSE than the previous blu-ray, all because Fox got overzealous in trying to get rid of the natural film grain. Ugh. However, I will admit, Dragon Dynasty's blu-ray releases of post-2000 films such as Tom Yum Goong and SPL look AMAZING.

Totallly playful ribbing....yeah that word is just weird!!

Thanks for the info...glad their post 2000 movies look great!! :wink:

Totallly playful ribbing....yeah that word is just weird!!

The word in that context comes from the custom of nudging someone in the ribs with your elbow to let them know you're only joking with them when you're telling them something.

Archived