The EXPENDABLES

Karlos

Well, it was a poor excuse for a movie.

The only time is came to life was when Dolph Lundgren was on screen.

"Pitbull" had about as much personality as a cracked walnut

Markgway: I kinda agree with you I think Dolph is the Man and I really was hoping he was going to fight with "The Pitbull" in the movie. But he also did make the movie!

Aaron Banks, Bob Wall and Clint Walker should be in the next EXPENDABLES. And Bill Louie, Bruno Sammartino, Harley Race and Klinton Spilsbury.

• Administrator

Wow, Clint Walker just turned 83 a few months ago. Still- a very cool dude for sure.... NIGHT OF THE GRIZZLY!

Noelle Shadow Kick

If we're going with a Clint who is 80 years old and known for western roles.......haha what about Clint Eastwood? Shouldn't he be thought of first? He's still an awesome badass, even in his old age.

In Expendables 2, I'd like to see a flashback to the 80's with Sly's original unit, consisting of:

Leo "Keep that bowl on my head steady, I don't want to end up with a funny haircut" Fong

Sho Kosugi (MUST have eye-liner on)

Michael Dudikoff

Brent Huff ("It can be done!!!")

That bloke off The Last Dragon

Eric Lee

Needless to say, they get all wiped out within the first five minutes.

If Gary Daniels got to be in the 1st film and Don "The Dragon" Wilson was in Batman Forever (As the skull-face painted gang leader Dick Grayson beats up), then here's who I think should be in THE EXPENDABLES 2:

Hell, get Loren Avedon! I'd love to see him as a villain taking on perhaps Jet Li or Dolph Lundgren.

If Gary Daniels got to be in the 1st film and Don "The Dragon" Wilson was in Batman Forever (As the skull-face painted gang leader Dick Grayson beats up), then here's who I think should be in THE EXPENDABLES 2:

Hell, get Loren Avedon! I'd love to see him as a villain taking on perhaps Jet Li or Dolph Lundgren.

I forgot all about Loren Avedon! Thats a good idea and if Daniels can get it I don't see why Avedon can't. What ever happened to him anyways?

make believe
RAMBO is the superior film on every level, but if EXPENDABLES had that tone, it wouldn't be nearly as successful.

Not that I'm a big fan of Rambo but the movies were all entertaining enough to sit through at least once. The last one however, which also had the most potential, was completely ruined by the horrendously distracting cg effects.

Not that I'm a big fan of Rambo but the movies were all entertaining enough to sit through at least once. The last one however, which also had the most potential, was completely ruined by the horrendously distracting cg effects.

Didn't bug me when compared to how CGI is used for gore in current horror movies. Sly was heavily inspired by the action in the South Korean film BROTHERHOOD OF WAR. It oddly captured the tone of David Morrell's original FIRST BLOOD novel more than FIRST BLOOD the film.

I was finally able to see this and I love it!! Great action, some terrible one liners, and tons of explosions.

Could the fight scenes have been shot better?? Yeah but I still enjoyed the hell out of his movie!! I can't wait to see it again!!

• Administrator
I was finally able to see this and I love it!! Great action, some terrible one liners, and tons of explosions.

Could the fight scenes have been shot better?? Yeah but I still enjoyed the hell out of his movie!! I can't wait to see it again!!

Glad you felt the same way and dug this! :bigsmile: Can you imagine missing this in the theater? Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the DVD. :nerd:

Glad you felt the same way and dug this! :bigsmile: Can you imagine missing this in the theater? Still, I'm looking forward to seeing the DVD. :nerd:

I would have been pissed if I missed it. The sound design was great and Terry Crews wields my new favorite movie gun of all time!!! The sound of the gun shots was totally awesome.

Noelle Shadow Kick
I would have been pissed if I missed it. The sound design was great and Terry Crews wields my new favorite movie gun of all time!!! The sound of the gun shots was totally awesome.

DEFINITELY a great one to see in theaters! And yeah, Terry Crews' gun was awesome, I loved that thing. Favorite movie gun of all time still goes to the shotgun from T2 Judgement Day. It's so badass how it reloads by spinning around the hand.

Morgoth Bauglir
In Expendables 2, I'd like to see a flashback to the 80's with Sly's original unit, consisting of:

Leo "Keep that bowl on my head steady, I don't want to end up with a funny haircut" Fong

Sho Kosugi (MUST have eye-liner on)

Michael Dudikoff

Brent Huff ("It can be done!!!")

That bloke off The Last Dragon

Eric Lee

Needless to say, they get all wiped out within the first five minutes.

Now that is a cast. Sly definitely needs to get Leo Fong involved. I think Fong should get the best line of the movie. But he only gets that one line.

Add to that cast Ron Van Clief, Dale Cook, Brigitte Nielson, Tong Po, Richard Harrison and Tom Arnold, and I'll be the first one in line to see the sequel.

Guest Markgway

The Expendables **

Disappointed is the word.

Let's see... atrocious dialogue (much of it inaudible due to mumbling, thick accents, and poor sound mixing)

Wooden acting (Stallone can't even move his facial muscles anymore)

Action sequences ruined by shaky CLOSE UP camerawork and inept framing

CGI Blood (STOP with this shit!!)

Lack of nudity (two attractive women and neither gets their baps out)

Absence of plot (you know how they joke about scripts being written on the back of beer mats.... I think this one actually was)

Wasting of valuable cast members (Jet Li is too good a performer to be stuck as B-list sidekick)

Planet Hollywoood reunion (what a bust - looks like it was shot in 10 mins during someone's coffee break)

Also it was LOUD. Incredibly. Fucking. LOUD. Like someone holding a cordless drill to your ear for 2 hrs.

The violence was sooooooo over-the-top as to be like that in a video game (genuine 80s movies were NOT like this). This maybe the most mindlessly, graphically violent action film I've ever seen with a '15' certificate. What insaniac thought this WASN'T a clear '18'?

They say they don't make 'em like they used to. They were right.

Ended up watching it twice in the theater. Yes the dialogue isn't of great quality, the fight scenes could have been shot/edited better, without the fast cuts and close ups, but it was a fun film, enjoyable to watch, particularly the battle going near the end of the movie.

I'll be interested to see this director's cut, I wonder what could have been added or changed compared to the theatrical release.

• Administrator
im waiting the expendables clone straight to dvd's to come out..

Speak of the Devil... Yesterday on a shelf in Best Buy I saw EXPENDABLES 2!

I just had to pick it up (off the shelf- not to buy it! :xd:) to see what they were trying to sell. It's one of those bullshitty 4 movies sets. It looked like a bunch of old 80's films, but one of them was called/renamed EXPENDABLES 2.

What a bunch of little swindlers. Though, I almost feel like- if a person is silly enough to think there's a DTV sequel in stores for a film that's still in the theaters and doing big box office... welll then they deserve it! :tongue:

Speak of the Devil... Yesterday on a shelf in Best Buy I saw EXPENDABLES 2!

I just had to pick it up (off the shelf- not to buy it! :xd:) to see what they were trying to sell. It's one of those bullshitty 4 movies sets. It looked like a bunch of old 80's films, but one of them was called/renamed EXPENDABLES 2.

What a bunch of little swindlers. Though, I almost feel like- if a person is silly enough to think there's a DTV sequel in stores for a film that's still in the theaters and doing big box office... welll then they deserve it! :tongue:

...And guess who's bought it? :tongue:

You're totally right, bro, these sets usually stink - but for once, this set is awesome as it includes the mega rare Cirio Santiago Vietnam war film - from where Sly undoubtedly got the name from - as well as 3 other hard to come by action films.

Think the film they're calling EXPENDABLES 2 is a rare Italian war actioner, called WILD TEAM.

It's a shame that these films are finally getting a DVD release with the main intent being to, as you say, con people into thinking there's already a sequel out there!

Jack J, who posts on this forum, has a run down on his blog, trashy-filipino-war-movies.blogspot.com/ :smile:

Just finished watching this madness, really enjoyed it, Jason's fights were by far the best, the editing was reall bad, they need to watche Jacke's my stunts to see how to cut fights. hope we ge a 2nd one