[help] Trying to find the name of movie

Miltonite

My judo Sensai explained a movie today that he wants to watch again but can not figure out what the name is.

He called it 13 stones. It is a martial arts film with a group of brothers that goes to monks (or some type of teacher) to learn martial arts. One brother is taken to a field and told to clear the boulders. When he asks where the ox is he it told you do it by hand alone. The monks then demonstrates it. He picks up the boulder and hits it and it flies off (or crumbles). The other is taken to a hole and put in it and told to get out. When he starts to climb he is hit down by the monk and told not to use his hands, he has to jump out. So after a few days he gets tiles tied to his legs to make it harder. In a few months/years the jumping brother is leaping buildings when he takes off the tiles and stone brother is palming huge stones and pounding them into dust in a couple of blows.

After a time some nation finds out where these brothers (guys) are training and send a army of thousands. When the army gets there stone brother is knocking waves of enemies down with a single strike and jumping brother goes after the general. Jumping brother and general are jumping from one spire to another not touching the ground while a group of spear-men follow on the ground to kill the brother if he ever falls. At one point jumping brother sees his fellow brothers retreating and he must keep the guys around him distracted while his brothers get away. He asks the general how much he weighs, says "that is only 13 tiles" grabs him and jumps onto the waiting spears below and they both die.

That is what I can remember from the synopses I heard. I tried to find it as did my sensai. We failed now I turn it over to the hive mind to find out the answer. If ya'll can't find the name of the movie then it was an elaborate dream my Sensai had.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venomsfreak

It sounds like you might have two movies mixed up together. Just about everything (except the part about the guy moving boulders from a field), is from Shaolin Temple aka Death Chambers.

I have no idea where the boulder moving part is from.

Thanks for the help guys I will find the movie and show it to my sensai and ask him if that was the movie.

Morgoth Bauglir

The boulder guy sounds like Bruce Tong in 4 Assassins aka Marco Polo. I agree there's a good chance he's thinking of 2 different, but similar movies.

silver hermit

they are from 2 films as the other members mentioned shaolin temple and marco polo.it sounds like he wants chng cheh's shaolin cycle films. you can also try heroes two, five shaolin masters, shaolin disciples and men from the monastary. i must say he has good taste

Archived