Trying to find a classic Kung Fu film.

krakatoa1883

krakatoa1883

I don't know the tittle of this 70's classic, or really remember the plot except for one specific thing that takes place during a fighters training.

The fighters teacher makes him do push ups with eggs under the palms of his hands, and if he gets tired and smashes them, then he has to eat the eggs as his meal. The master also puts large rocks on his back causing him to smash the eggs each time. After a long time of this, ( I seem to recall that this push up training took months in plot time ) the training fighter is quite sick of always eating eggs as his meal. By the end of his training he has fingers like steel and is so strong that when the rocks are romoved from his back, he floats up into hand stand finger tip push ups.

I hope this sounds familiar enough to someone so that they can tell me the name of the film I am searchinf for. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

That's INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN, a Shaw Brothers film. And the fighter is played by the inimitable Lo Meng. Great movie! And it's getting it's first legitimate USA release real soon. Next month maybe? Look it up on HKFLIX.COM bro, it's (the legitimate region 1 release) from Funmation. Enjoy.

Guest kifaru

I'm looking for one that has 4 or 5 brothers who each master a style in order to defeat if I remember correctly 5 manchu masters. One brother masters the whip chain, one brother masters crane style, one brother masters the staff. I don't remember the other styles.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I'm looking for one that has 4 or 5 brothers who each master a style in order to defeat if I remember correctly 5 manchu masters. One brother masters the whip chain, one brother masters crane style, one brother masters the staff. I don't remember the other styles.

It's another Shaw Brothrs film, called THE SHAOLIN TEMPLE. Careful if you go to buy it, there's one that stars Jet Li (also a great film), but the one you want stars Ti Lung and David Chiang.

It's another Shaw Brothrs film, called THE SHAOLIN TEMPLE. Careful if you go to buy it, there's one that stars Jet Li (also a great film), but the one you want stars Ti Lung and David Chiang.

No, sorry to correct you KFB, it's actually 5 Shaolin Masters.

:nerd:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
No, sorry to correct you KFB, it's actually 5 Shaolin Masters.

:nerd:

Oh, my bad! No, I'm glad you corrected me man. Sorry 'bout that kifaru. :crossedlips:

krakatoa1883

Invincible Shaolin. Thanks Kung Fu Bob. Awesome, missing movie problem answered in less then 24 hours. I look forward to seeing it again, it's been at least 25 years. Thanks Again.:bigsmile:

Archived