Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

AlbertV

There is going to be a GHOST RIDER sequel, entitled SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE. David S. Goyer (BLADE: TRINITY, THE DARK KNIGHT story) came up with the story idea. Nicholas Cage is currently negotiating to return as Johnny Blaze and his spirited alter ego.

The latest news is that the film may be directed by the duo of Neveldine/Taylor, the guys behind the CRANK films and GAMER.

Full story at Dark Horizons

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nicolas Cage was on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson this past Thursday and announced that he will reprise his role as Johnny Blaze in GHOST RIDER: SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE. So that pretty much makes it official.

Now, let's see how Neveldine/Taylor do on directing the film.

please get eva mendez back.......i thot the first ghost rider was mediocre

Sadly, Eva Mendes has confirmed that she WILL NOT return for the sequel.

Story is Here

As much as I hated the first film, this one could be a winner - purely for the fact that Neveldine/Taylor are directing.

If they're allowed to cut loose like they did with their CRANK films, we could have a film that captures the vibe of the comics much more.

A "grindhouse", 70's style GR flick is something I'd like to see!

Guest Masked Avenger

Maybe it was Cage's best role. I liked the movie and especially the bike(maybe you can find it stupid :) ). I haven't read it's comics yet so I can't tell which one is better.

WOW! the bike was cool it drove me crazy! Perfect!

The soundtrack was also cool, rock mixed with western.

Let's see now what will happen after director's change.

Well, Dark Horizons got word today that the film will be shot in Romania and there is a hint although not confirmed that Ghost Rider will face Dracula (WHY?!) and the film will be in 3-D.

• Administrator
Maybe it was Cage's best role.

:ooh: Wow man. In case you may be interested, as an older dude I highly recommend you check out Nic Cage in these WAY better movies:

RAISING ARIZONA- A fantastic early film from the Cohen Brothers. A comedy with a lot of heart and some greatl characters and action. The cast includes William Forthsyte (sp.?), Holly Hunter, John Goodman, and the best role (IMHO) ever for Randall "Tex" Cobb. Plus, one of my favorite funny fights ever. An easy 10 for me.

WILD AT HEART - This is an erotic, violent, mescaline-soaked modern day lovers-on-the-lam tale told with strange allusions to THE WIZARD OF OZ and "The King", and an incredible soundtrack. This David Lynch road film is filled with unforgettable characters like Cousin Dell, aka. "Jingle Dell" (Crispin Glover), a freaky, crippled, sadistic assassin played by Grace Zabriskie (Bill's Mom from BIG LOVE), Dianne Ladd as the worst mother of a girlfriend ever, Isabella Rosselini as a unibrowed "lady from our hero's past", and Willem Dafoe as possibly the skeeviest dude ever committed to film (with the most quotable dialoge- "Bunny's Hop. Uhhahahauhuhuh")- Bobby Peru... "Like the cuntray". If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out.

LEAVING LAS VEGAS - A dark drama about a guy trying to drink himself to death while hanging out with a hot hooker (Elizabeth Shue from ADVENTURES IN BABYSITTING!!!). Cage proves that he really can act! I have no explanation for his performance in... well, many other things.

I liked the movie and especially the bike(maybe you can find it stupid :) ). I haven't read it's comics yet so I can't tell which one is better.

WOW! the bike was cool it drove me crazy! Perfect!

I read the comics as a kid. I think Nic was totally wrong for Johnny Blaze, but despite a lot of problems, the movie still had it's moments. Agreed- the bike was pretty bad ass. Love the trail of fire. At least they nailed that!

Let's see now what will happen after director's change.

Personally I think CRANK 2 should be in the "Exploitation/B-Movie Hall of Fame"! Freaking amazing madness. :xd: So add that guy's directing style to Ghost Rider and I'm guessing it's going to rock.:bigsmile: Unless the director's hands are tied creatively by the studio. Hmmm... what are the odds of that happening? :smile:Hire a brilliant director and not let him do his thing? :neutral: Nah... he'll be fine. :ooh:

I would add Con-Air to some of Nic's best films. I mean even with the all-star cast, I liked Nic is this especially when he gets to pull off some nifty hand-to-hand combat moves. Plus, the best line IMO:

"I told you to put the bunny back in the box."

• Administrator
I would add Con-Air to some of Nic's best films. I mean even with the all-star cast, I liked Nic is this especially when he gets to pull off some nifty hand-to-hand combat moves. Plus, the best line IMO:

"I told you to put the bunny back in the box."

I only saw this once when it came out, and the same with THE ROCK. I'll have to take another look at these movies.

Guest ekisha
I only saw this once when it came out, and the same with THE ROCK. I'll have to take another look at these movies.

Hey, Bob. Masked Avenger is my wife, she doesn't deal with non kung fu movies usually so comic book and 80's action movies are her only choices which i introduced to her.

Guarding Tess, The Rock and Windtalkers are pretty good while National Treasure sucks imho. I have seen the other movies mentioned here like Con Air and Raising Arizona. Good!

As for Ghost Rider, i like it a lot, i even dare to write it's much better than Spider Man (i mean movie not comics), because supernatural things always hook me up. Anyway let's see how good the sequel is.

Ghost Rider will face The Devil in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance. Ciaran Hinds will play the villain, who plans to kidnap and take the soul of a boy who turns out will be Johnny Blaze's kid.

Source: Dark Horizons

ShaOW!linDude

I personally liked the 1st Ghost Rider movie. Yeah, it could have been better on some levels but I enjoyed it. It definitely needed more brawlin' in it.

One of my favorite Nic Cage movies is "8mm". That movie gives me the heebs every time I watch it. I put it on a par with "Se7en".

Dark Horizons announced new casting:

Johnny Whitworth ("CSI: Miami," "Gamer") and Idris Elba ("Rocknrolla," "The Losers") are in talks to join the superhero sequel "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" at Sony Pictures according to Heat Vision.

Nicolas Cage will reprise his role as Johnny Blaze, a stunt motorcyclist who makes a deal with the devil and finds himself transforming into a flaming-skulled man driving a motorcycle from hell.

In this entry, Blaze is hiding out in remote Eastern Europe and struggling to repress his curse. Blaze is recruited by a sect to take on The Devil (Ciaran Hinds), who wants to take over his mortal son’s body on the boy’s birthday.

Elba plays an alcoholic warrior monk tasked with finding Blaze, while Whitworth plays a criminal recruited by the devil to find the boy and later becomes a demonic creature. Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor ("Crank") are directing the film.

Avi Arad, Ari Arad, Michael De Luca and Steven Paul are producing while shooting kicks off in late November in Romania and Turkey.

ShaOW!linDude

Just saw a current post on another forum that Christopher Lambert ("There can be only one!") is in talks to play a role in this but there are no details as yet as to what that role would be.

Guest Markgway

Saw Ghost Rider on TV last week. Wasn't bad. Had an enjoyable comic energy and style. The scene where the two riders blaze a trail thru the desert made me smile. I didn't like Crank so I hope the sequel is nothing like that.

ShaOW!linDude

The news at SuperHeroHype.com is that the budget has been greenlit but trimmed from $135M down to $75M. Even Cage took a pay cut from $12M down to $7M. Will this be good or bad news? The 1st GR movie was made for $110M and grossed $229M worldwide.

I just read some of this interview with co-helmer Brian Taylor and he said Nic Cage will actually be performing motion capture when he plays Ghost Rider himself. In the original, the SFX did all the motion work and took 3D images of Cage's skull for the Rider look.

Check out the interview HERE

Taylor tweeted on Cage as Ghost Rider:

"Zarathos is the spirit of vengeance that inhabits John Blaze when he becomes Ghost Rider. Unlike the 1st movie, where the rider was stiffly acted out by a various stunt guys, Nic will be playing all the Ghost Rider stuff himself – and we are creating a whole physical language for the demon that is different from the human Blaze."

Officially signed on:

Nicolas Cage, Ciaran Hinds (as the main nemesis, the Devil incarnate), Idris Elba, Johnny Whitworth, and Violante Placido

ShaOW!linDude

SuperHeroHype.com has a post stating that this has a release date of Feb.17, 2012 and also that the Conan the Barbarian film has a release date of Aug.19, 2011.

briannatalore

The first Ghost Rider was a let down for me because of the villains. Ghost Rider himself was cool but the villains and the fight scenes were terrible. Who could forget the whirling chain vortex of doom to defeat the wind villain? I hope they put a famous villain for the sequel.

The first Ghost Rider was a let down for me because of the villains. Ghost Rider himself was cool but the villains and the fight scenes were terrible. Who could forget the whirling chain vortex of doom to defeat the wind villain? I hope they put a famous villain for the sequel.

The villain for the sequel is none other than Satan himself, in the form of Ciaran Hinds (who played villains in Race to Witch Mountain and Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life)

Update:

Dark Horizons has reported that Johnny Whitworth will play the film's main antagonist, the albino half-demon known as Blackout. It will be Ciaran Hinds' Satan who will turn Blackout from human to demon in the film.

Blackout.jpg

Archived