The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

Usually never. People usually end up driving to DC or VA.

True... I'll take that at this point :tongue: Hell, fingers crossed, but I should be able to catch an advanced screening of Captain America 2 in DC on Thursday... although I wish it were The Raid 2 instead :wink:

Care to share some hustling tips for a fellow Sydney based member?:tongue:

Wish I could take all of you true hardcore martial arts cinema cats but not taking my wife with the one spare ticket I could get would be suicidal!

Drunken Monk
Where's the Maryland love? :tongue:

I'm in the same boat. There don't seem to be any Maryland shows on the horizon. I saw the original at the Landmark E Street cinema in downtown DC so I have my fingers crossed that they'll have it.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'm in the same boat. There don't seem to be any Maryland shows on the horizon. I saw the original at the Landmark E Street cinema in downtown DC so I have my fingers crossed that they'll have it.

You guys live in Maryland? How far is it from Baltimore, please be safe.

:smile:

Baltimore is a city smack dab in the middle of Maryland. Or what sort is like the middle. Is is strangely shaped state. Also, it isn't nearly as bad as it is depicted in The Wire of Homocide: Life on the Streets.

OpiumKungFuCracker
:smile:

Baltimore is a city smack dab in the middle of Maryland. Or what sort is like the middle. Is is strangely shaped state. Also, it isn't nearly as bad as it is depicted in The Wire of Homocide: Life on the Streets.

Oh, okay,lol. yeah i think I watch too much tv.

Drunken Monk

Yeah, I'm rarely in Baltimore, if ever. I doubt I'll ever stumble across any Omar Little types.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Yeah, I'm rarely in Baltimore, if ever. I doubt I'll ever stumble across any Omar Little types.

Hahhahahhahahah!:tongue:

Omar Comin!

You don't need to worry about Omar unless you're in the game.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

The Raid 2 will be playing in Uptown, Minneapolis.

Did not see the opening date but saw the poster on the outside of the building of coming attractions.

Should I see IT. LOL

GD Y-Y

:bigsmile:

OpiumKungFuCracker
The Raid 2 will be playing in Uptown, Minneapolis.

Did not see the opening date but saw the poster on the outside of the building of coming attractions.

Should I see IT. LOL

GD Y-Y

:bigsmile:

Nah, skip it. Just another run of the mill stuff you haven't seen already.

Yeah, I live in Glen Burnie (or "Glen Burnout", as others lovingly call it), albeit in a MUCH nicer area of the town :wink: So it's like a stone's throw from Baltimore. But I'm hoping the Arundel Mills/Cinemark theater will be playing it, much like they did with the first film in 2012.

So far no one in Madison/Milwaukee, WI will be showing this :(

I was living in Wausau WI when the 1st one came out. 4 hour trip to catch the last showing in Green Bay. Glad I live in ATL now.

I'm sure my area will have it at least by the wide release on April 11th... I just want to see it sooner! The whole limited-to-wide expansion thing always drives me nuts :neutral:

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'm sure my area will have it at least by the wide release on April 11th... I just want to see it sooner! The whole limited-to-wide expansion thing always drives me nuts :neutral:

Same here, the anticipation is killing me.

So yeah, there's a new "internet trailer" from Sony Pictures Classics that appeared online... for those avoiding spoilers, this is one to stay away from.

While it doesn't have spoilers out front-and-center, for those who over analyze trailers (like myself), it does reveal a pinch more than it should... like Hammer Girl without her sunglasses. Or a dead body in the background of a fight, who looks like a primary character. Also, it reveals who's head was under the burlap sack in the first teaser shown for the film.

I know I should probably stay away from any new media for the film... but the wait is so LONG! :cry:

OpiumKungFuCracker
So yeah, there's a new "internet trailer" from Sony Pictures Classics that appeared online... for those avoiding spoilers, this is one to stay away from.

While it doesn't have spoilers out front-and-center, for those who over analyze trailers (like myself), it does reveal a pinch more than it should... like Hammer Girl without her sunglasses. Or a dead body in the background of a fight, who looks like a primary character. Also, it reveals who's head was under the burlap sack in the first teaser shown for the film.

I know I should probably stay away from any new media for the film... but the wait is so LONG! :cry:

Yeah I watched the trailer and all the reviews I've read they talked about the guy underneath the burlap sack so it didn't spoiled me too much. It's cool though just waiting for the final product to be reveal and how it all comes together, April 11 is right around the corner. But if you guys haven't seen any of the clips and/or new trailers skip this one and just wait until the movie comes out. Don't read any of the reviews too, since it's so much in detail and they reveal a lot of story. This is what happens when you don't have access to a film festival and all the stuff you read is all online, DAMN I MISS THE OLD DAYS.

Yeah I watched the trailer and all the reviews I've read they talked about the guy underneath the burlap sack so it didn't spoiled me too much. It's cool though just waiting for the final product to be reveal and how it all comes together, April 11 is right around the corner. But if you guys haven't seen any of the clips and/or new trailers skip this one and just wait until the movie comes out. Don't read any of the reviews too, since it's so much in detail and they reveal a lot of story. This is what happens when you don't have access to a film festival and all the stuff you read is all online, DAMN I MISS THE OLD DAYS.

Yeah, I unfortunately knew who was under the sack as well, but I was just surprised that they showed it in the trailer, especially since the teaser literally "teased" who was under it without showing! So much for the US trailer being subtle :tongue: Also, it looks like this internet trailer was the base for the US TV spot. Similar editing near the end and same music cue.

Yeah, I unfortunately knew who was under the sack as well, but I was just surprised that they showed it in the trailer, especially since the teaser literally "teased" who was under it without showing! So much for the US trailer being subtle :tongue: Also, it looks like this internet trailer was the base for the US TV spot. Similar editing near the end and same music cue.

And I, as well. Yeah, if you've been reading the reviews, there's a good chance you already know who it is. Sucks, but I hear it happens in the first five minutes, so no biggie, I guess.

And I wanna add, I wasn't just disappointed from "holy shit, I just got spoilered!" point-of-view. It was more of a story thing.

SPOILER

I was really hoping Andi would be around for this one, as the relationship between he and Rama was one of my favorite aspects of the first one.

And I, as well. Yeah, if you've been reading the reviews, there's a good chance you already know who it is. Sucks, but I hear it happens in the first five minutes, so no biggie, I guess.

And I wanna add, I wasn't just disappointed from "holy shit, I just got spoilered!" point-of-view. It was more of a story thing.

Very true... but, it does give Rama more of a push, so I'll give it that. But yeah, the few reviews that gave it away got thrashed in the comments for giving a spoiler without any warning.

Very true... but, it does give Rama more of a push, so I'll give it that. But yeah, the few reviews that gave it away got thrashed in the comments for giving a spoiler without any warning.

Yeah, I'd imagine so. Evans wanted a nastier movie, so I guess he needed a reason for Rama to act nasty.