The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

OpiumKungFuCracker

Unfortunately, the screening @ SXSW was cancel due to subtitling issues but they reissue two more screenings tomorrow, here is some clips of a live demonstration due to the fact of technical difficulties.

9lA8V4OaWUM

Unfortunately, the screening @ SXSW was cancel due to subtitling issues but they reissue two more screenings tomorrow...

Yeah, I read about that :squigglemouth: At first, all I saw was "wrong version of the movie", making me think they were playing the Sundance cut and Evans wanted the slightly updated US cut... but nope, saw that it was playing without subtitles. Oops.

Oh well, "take 2" tonight! :bigsmile:

OpiumKungFuCracker

What I don't find appealing is in some of these reviews, they keep referring to western filmmakers but instead should reference the film's Asian counterparts? How about some Kitano or Miike reference? Even some John Woo or To. I've only read one review out of the hundreds so far that even mentions anything related to Asian cinema and that is Badassdigest because they do their fucking homework. So please critics stop referencing Scorsese,Refn,Tarantino,Coppola, this is not that film, or maybe it is????

Gareth Evans put up the first of two behind-the-scenes videos! Ahhhh I'm just so excited.

http://id.celebrity.yahoo.com/video/di-balik-layar-raid-2-033047019.html

Awesome link. It seems like it has some spoilers so I'll pass.

What I don't find appealing is in some of these reviews, they keep referening to western filmmakers but not those in their Asian counterparts? How about some Kitano or Miike reference? Even some John Woo or To. I've only read one review out of the hundreds so far that even mentions anything related to Asian cinema and that is Badassdigest because they do their fucking homework. So please critics stop referencing Scorsese,Refn,Tarantino,Coppola, this is not that film, or maybe it is????

Cosigned. All the raves about the trailer and not one mention of the OBVIOUS Park Chan-wook homage (Oldboy chalked man fisticuffs). :tongue:

If you don't know what that is, I suggest you just shut up, watch and enjoy the movie like everyone else and stop trying to do all that other stuff. This is a genre defining film and can speak for itself just fine.

Awesome link. It seems like it has some spoilers so I'll pass.

Meh, the only thing remotely spoilerish was the escalator headshot... even then, we don't see who gets shot :tongue: I watched the whole thing, and it didn't give away any giant plot points.

I can not wait for this, keep looking to see where(or if) it's going to be playing locally, guess I'll have to wait for end of March. The Raid played in Boca Raton so I'm hoping it comes back to the same theater.

I can not wait for this, keep looking to see where(or if) it's going to be playing locally, guess I'll have to wait for end of March. The Raid played in Boca Raton so I'm hoping it comes back to the same theater.

If the official site for the sequel is anything like the first, it should start listing the theater locations prior to the limited release, and then begin expanding. It seems to be following the release steps of the first film verbatim.

OpiumKungFuCracker
So, is anyone going to tonight's screening in LA??

Please tell me you're going? Like I said we share the same interest so if you see it, telepathically, I've seen it too.:tongue:

Please tell me you're going? Like I said we share the same interest so if you see it, telepathically, I've seen it too.:tongue:

I was hoping you were going for the same reason! =D Sneak in!

I would go except for the whole, you know, living on the east coast thing :tongue:

Meanwhile, the first US TV spot premiered today... and it's crazy how brutal it is! A lot of new (albeit, split second) clips packed in there, including an awesome glass crash from the final fight:

http://www.craveonline.com/film/previews/659193-the-raid-2-exclusive-action-packed-tv-spot

Also, it confirms the wide release isn't until April 11th in the US.

OpiumKungFuCracker

There's a new clip online today and if I learned anything from the previous film is to not watch before seeing the movie.

Yeah, I already watched the clip :tongue: It's only 26 seconds long, but it's already gory as hell. I'll probably check out other clips too, except for any from the two final fights... aside from trailers showing split second shots of those two fights, I don't plan on watching full clips from either one.

OpiumKungFuCracker

April 11, damn that's like a month away! I'm gonna end up watching the clips as usual to control my urges.

Sydney is locked and loaded for March 28th gentlemen! I'll be there....

The-Raid-2-419x600.jpg

There is an advanced screening on the 28th?? Where?? Want!

sifu iron perm
My local is showing it on March 31st. Booked my ticket!

showuing at Cineworld? I take it you have a cineworld Unlimited card?

I'm still waiting for US showings other than LA and NYC to appear... although I know there was supposed to be a 35mm (?!) showing in Philadelphia sometime soon.

Where's the Maryland love? :tongue:

I'm still waiting for US showings other than LA and NYC to appear... although I know there was supposed to be a 35mm (?!) showing in Philadelphia sometime soon.

Where's the Maryland love? :tongue:

Usually never. People usually end up driving to DC or VA.

One Armed Boxer
Just hustled tickets for the Sydney premiere on the 24th. Needless to say, very pumped.

Care to share some hustling tips for a fellow Sydney based member?:tongue: