The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

(Gareth Evans @ghuwevans Twitter).

Sound mix for the trailer is done. VFX and grading tonight and the race is on to have it mastered ready for 31st! #TheRaid2Berandal

so we should have a trailer tomorrow!!:xd:

(Gareth Evans @ghuwevans Twitter).

Sound mix for the trailer is done. VFX and grading tonight and the race is on to have it mastered ready for 31st! #TheRaid2Berandal

so we should have a trailer tomorrow!!:xd:

Simmer down there, buddy!

Sorry, not you, my penis.

Simmer down there, buddy!

Sorry, not you, my penis.

Hahaha! Well according to his twitter. The trailer started uploading a hour ago. We will get the trailer tonight. I will post a link in about a hour when it's released.

In the words of Kramer: "Oh mama!"

This looks SO much more grand than the first film, and I loved the first one. The biggest issue with the first film was the lack of plot, but this one seems to make up for it in spades. It basically shows how serious the repercussions of his actions from the first film are, in that it was obviously *much* more than a typical drug raid. I can see why it's going to clock in at 2.5 hours!

" The Raid 2 takes place 2hrs after the first, The Raid 3 would start 2hrs before The Raid 2 ends."

That is a quote from gareth saying a 3rd raid movie is a possibility.

OpiumKungFuCracker

God, I hope the hype to this movie won't jinx the overkill like it did in the other film when everyone was blown away by that trailer. You all know what film I'm talking about, right? Something called, Special Identification starring a guy name Yen Donnie?

It comes across more like a Korean or Japanese gangster film than anything else and I think that's a good thing. Definitely a tonal shift from the first film and everything looks to be much bigger!

And yep, the baseball bat scene had me almost squealing in delight. This looks absolutely fantastic.

The trailer looked great! I like the slow build up to the action. It will be interesting to see how this movie turns out. What will be the story to action ratio? I have a feeling that this film will have a hard time just because of what it has to follow. Too much plot and action fans will be upset and too much action and the fans of the story will be upset. And, like most of you, I really like The Raid. It had what I call sub-plots. The main plot was simple with smaller stories thrown in for good measure. Then, you had the little twist at the end. It will be interesting if this follows the traditional trilogy manifesto. But, from the trailer, looks pretty good. I will see it either way. I will try to ignore the hype though.

One Armed Boxer
God, I hope the hype to this movie won't jinx the overkill like it did in the other film when everyone was blown away by that trailer. You all know what film I'm talking about, right? Something called, Special Identification starring a guy name Yen Donnie?

I have high hopes for this one. I think the difference is that Gareth Evans knows what the audience wants and puts it onscreen, while Donnie Yen knows what he wants and puts it onscreen, regardless of whether it'll be palatable or not for an audience to sit through.

This & 'Skin Trade' are my most anticipated movies for this year.

It comes across more like a Korean or Japanese gangster film than anything else and I think that's a good thing. Definitely a tonal shift from the first film and everything looks to be much bigger!

Agreed, I actually like the trailers focus on building up the tension as opposed to just presenting a barrage of action, works really well and leave us wanting more, which is how it should be.

march is basically around the corner and cannot wait!! the feet shuffle at the end, :bigsmile:

I know, right? :nerd:

Never thought I'd see someone do an amalgam of the crime epic and the martial arts movie. This looks fantastic.

I think the difference is that Gareth Evans knows what the audience wants and puts it onscreen, while Donnie Yen knows what he wants and puts it onscreen, regardless of whether it'll be palatable or not for an audience to sit through.

Meaning Evans takes the easy route and Yen the hard one :tongue:

I have high hopes for this one. I think the difference is that Gareth Evans knows what the audience wants and puts it onscreen, while Donnie Yen knows what he wants and puts it onscreen, regardless of whether it'll be palatable or not for an audience to sit through.

That's not a fair comparison for Yen. Yen is a martial arts actor who acts, fights, choreographs and recently in Special ID produces. Gareth is a director, producer, editor, screenwriter who films some amazing martial arts actors. If the Raid fails, it's Gareth's fault and no one else. (He's good at all those things so the Raid failing won't be an issue, IMO).

Yen's movies are not entirely within his control, as he as explained in several recent interviews.

Have you ever seen the main villain? His YouTube stuff is nuts.. Ill post some in a few mins.. The main fight will be epic I guarantee