The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

Yes, it's really odd that these have shown up now - a few weeks after the BD/DVD release. Makes no sense.

And I hate CC subs, as well.

Yup, I'm in a bad mood now. :tongue:

OpiumKungFuCracker

He's releasing them now because there is a sign of foreshadowing. And you want to know what that is??? He's making The Raid 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Administrator

I thought that these scenes/bits were all good, with one being an action scene, and extremely cool! :nerd: It's actually a scene that I had hoped would be in the film when I first watched it, and I'm so glad I finally get to finally see it. It's really intense and kind of scary.

On the first 3 clips be sure to click the CC button to turn on the subs. Yup, Close Captioned subs suck, but they're better than no subs. :angel:

My first reaction upon reading the news that these are available was probably similar to everyone else- "Why the hell weren't all the deleted scenes included on the Blu-ray?!" :tinysmile_angry2_t: Yes, that's annoying. But don't let that ruin the fact that we get to see these. We're spoiled now with all the extras we get to see, but I still remember decades of seeing films and never getting to see any behind-the-scenes/making-of footage, interviews, and definitely NOT any deleted scenes. Ever. So despite the fact that we like things all nice and cozy, with all extras in one nice little package (where they belong), the reality is that we can still always click a few buttons on the computer and see these whenever we want. And any new RAID 2 footage, in any format is most certainly still a very good thing. Trust me! :nerd:

So this was Gareth Evans' explanation on Twitter as to why these missed the blu-ray boat:

ByQwpMMCcAAzUdZ.jpg

Also, if you looked on his Twitter page, he said the nightclub deleted scene was the last one "for now". There are definitely more scenes missing, including the now infamous escalator headshot that was in so many of the promotional pieces... but hey, this is a good start :wink:

If anything, he's probably saving some of those scenes for The Raid 3, as that film is rumored to begin 2 hours prior to the end of The Raid 2, and I'm guessing will focus more on the Yakuza.

• Administrator
So this was Gareth Evans' explanation on Twitter as to why these missed the blu-ray boat:

ByQwpMMCcAAzUdZ.jpg

Also, if you looked on his Twitter page, he said the nightclub deleted scene was the last one "for now". There are definitely more scenes missing, including the now infamous escalator headshot that was in so many of the promotional pieces... but hey, this is a good start :wink:

If anything, he's probably saving some of those scenes for The Raid 3, as that film is rumored to begin 2 hours prior to the end of The Raid 2, and I'm guessing will focus more on the Yakuza.

It's nice to have a reason, and that one is perfect!

Looking forward to seeing any other snippets we're lucky enough to lay our eyes on.

One Armed Boxer
It's nice to have a reason, and that one is perfect!

So I'm the only person who thinks the real reason they were released is because Evans wasn't happy that the 'Raid 2' thread had slipped off the 1st page of the forum?:tongue:

• Administrator
So I'm the only person who thinks the real reason they were released is because Evans wasn't happy that the 'Raid 2' thread had slipped off the 1st page of the forum?:tongue:

:tongue: LOL You may be right.

Gareth, if you are reading this, THANK YOU for the three movies! :nerd:

Is this thread one of the most posted-on movie threads ever?

masterofoneinchpunch
Is this thread one of the most posted-on movie threads ever?

It is one of them, though The Raid thread is about 14 posts still ahead of this one.

Awesome Japanese theatrical trailer... apparently the tagline is "Mafia VS Undercover VS Yakuza"

H-f9Wv4uVfY

Hiroshi Abe?

The narrator in the trailer has a very similar voice.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Well I finally saw The Raid 2.

Very impressive to say the least.

To me it was more like a (normal classic kung fu movie).

My only issue, is that in the first movie it was modern warfare until the bullets ran dry.

Where are the guns in the sequel?

How come these high and mighty criminals hardly had a gun insight?

Did their bosses take them away so as to test their peoples skill level in the martial arts.

Anyway................no worries...................Micky likes it............. better this way.

mikey-likes-it.jpg

vYEXzx-TINc

GD (Micky) Y-Y

Actually, that's a really good point I'd never thought of. In the first film, lower tier thugs had automatic weapons and, in this one, where the criminals seemed more of a middle-tier bunch and they hardly had a pistol between them. Well spotted GDYY.

Of course, I have no complaints. The hand to hand stuff is as good as it's ever been in "The Raid 2." I revisited the first and second film last week and while, originally, I thought the sequel was much better, it's actually a lot closer than I'd originally thought. The first is a FANTASTIC film.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Actually, that's a really good point I'd never thought of. In the first film, lower tier thugs had automatic weapons and, in this one, where the criminals seemed more of a middle-tier bunch and they hardly had a pistol between them. Well spotted GDYY.

Of course, I have no complaints. The hand to hand stuff is as good as it's ever been in "The Raid 2." I revisited the first and second film last week and while, originally, I thought the sequel was much better, it's actually a lot closer than I'd originally thought. The first is a FANTASTIC film.

I think I agree that the first was better because of the SHEER shock value in the opening scene.

And the non-stop assault to the senses without a moment to spare.

GD Y-Y

The first film is better overall but some of the martial arts showcase in the sequel is amazing. The sequel is a tad too long and why does Yayan Ruhian always so hard to kill :wink:. I liked hammer girl more than the baseball dude but my family dislike the sequel.

I did not like the fact that in the final fight scene in the kitchen where Iko does some finishing types moves and it does not seem to cause any damage as the enemy bounces right back.

OpiumKungFuCracker

Keung is going to be all over this one. I would too if, only I can speak ze germans and come with English subtitles but my god would this sombitch look good on any collector's shelf.

IMDB listed their top 10 films of 2014

1. "Interstellar"

2. "Boyhood"

3. "Gone Girl"

4. "Guardians of the Galaxy"

5. "The Grand Budapest Hotel"

6. "X-Men: Days of Future Past"

7. "The Raid 2: Berandal"

8. "How to Train Your Dragon 2"

9. "Edge of Tomorrow"

10. "The Fault in Our Stars"

Noelle Shadow Kick

1. "Interstellar"

2. "Boyhood"

3. "Gone Girl"

9. "Edge of Tomorrow"

Great to see! I'm bummed about the lack of Winter Soldier love on the year's "Best of" lists, I think it got overshadowed by Guardians and people kind of forgot about it. Personally, I think it's better than Guardians. I loved Guardians, but Winter Soldier was really something special.

That said, it's awesome to see the Raid 2 on there! It's easily in my Top 5 movies of the year, but movies like that rarely make it onto more mainstream lists.

Was there an article to go along with this? I don't see it on the site.

1. "Interstellar"

2. "Boyhood"

3. "Gone Girl"

9. "Edge of Tomorrow"

Boyhood, Gone Girl, The Grand Budapest Hotel, and The Raid 2 will probably be in my top 10 too. Boyhood and The Raid, for sure. It's not mentioned here, but Snowpiercer, as well. Overall, not a bad list.

Secret Executioner

Isn't Snowpiercer a 2013 flick (though it may have been released in 2014 in some markets) ?

Personally, I put The Raid 2 among my top flicks of the year as well - not sure of the order though.