The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

It's an interesting phenomenon. Are the folks obsessed with these films really misplaced horror film fans, or is there an under-served market for "heroic gore", or...?

Don't get me wrong I really like the movie. But it's not quite deserving of all the hype IMO

OpiumKungFuCracker
Does the Raid 2 really deserve 76 pages of posts??

britney-spears-yawn_zps873d3b34.gif

Yes, where have you been? The films been out since April?

It's an interesting phenomenon. Are the folks obsessed with these films really misplaced horror film fans, or is there an under-served market for "heroic gore", or...?

I am a horror hound and a kung fu fanatic! Mix those two ingredients together and you get an orgasm of nerd mayhem!!

Drunken Monk
Does the Raid 2 really deserve 76 pages of posts??

That's like saying, "God, do we still really need to talk about Bruce Lee? Get over him!"

"The Raid 2" is a modern milestone. It's gotten martial arts fans excited again and if that promotes discussion, it can only be s good thing. I don't know why you'd be so eager to see and end to that and, if you are, just don't visit the thread.

That's like saying, "God, do we still really need to talk about Bruce Lee? Get over him!"

"The Raid 2" is a modern milestone. It's gotten martial arts fans excited again and if that promotes discussion, it can only be s good thing. I don't know why you'd be so eager to see and end to that and, if you are, just don't visit the thread.

Hey, the Bruce Lee similie doesn't work IMO. The 2 can't really compare. And hey, I like the movie (Just obviously not quite as much as others.) And I rather enjoy revisiting here. Also I myself have contributed significantly to this thread. :tongue:

Secret Executioner

One thing I wanna point out is that while we got 76 pages of discussion, it hasn't gone into controversies and arguments like some other threads have - like that thread on a Jackie movie (Police Story 2013 ?) ending up in an argument on Jet Li and the use of wires in action movies.

Here, we kept focused and the fact it's been going on for so long - with discussions on the film, on details, on the soundtrack or on merchandise - shows that this film pleased people and they enjoy talking of it. Better have that than an argument on wire fu or on Jet Li's abilities.

One thing I wanna point out is that while we got 76 pages of discussion, it hasn't gone into controversies and arguments like some other threads have - like that thread on a Jackie movie (Police Story 2013 ?) ending up in an argument on Jet Li and the use of wires in action movies.

Here, we kept focused and the fact it's been going on for so long - with discussions on the film, on details, on the soundtrack or on merchandise - shows that this film pleased people and they enjoy talking of it. Better have that than an argument on wire fu or on Jet Li's abilities.

Indeed. I remember reading that other thread. Good entertainment but also annoying when threads go completely off topic like that. :neutral:

Really neat. Makes you wish Rama could have fought Prakoso. :tongue:

So was Yayan gonna play the assassin in the first version of the Berandal script? Or was this done closer to shooting and they just play everything out once with just the main two choreographers. Did they do this once with Cecif too?

OpiumKungFuCracker

Holy shit!!!! Give me one!!!!! I was gonna grab the box set of both films but it's only in dvd format, bummer!!!!

Secret Executioner
My steelbook (due out Monday) arrived early!

10557189_10152597106010336_2182058588357158784_n.jpg?oh=a8fe15c0d81f55243703340cafc21212&oe=54781468

1426573_10152597106030336_6262628460268285402_n.jpg?oh=ffd4164abf9cddbd468f816e3da3ae82&oe=547EA9B2&__gda__=1417400377_54dc260cbd27ddad5ce3a275c2392c01

OMG, that's a GREAT looking release - I love the style of the artwork. I want that lil' mofo so bad. :nerd:

Just checked out the UK blu a little bit.

Overall, it's a pretty awesome disc with some pretty awesome extras.

I can see why the "Gang War" scene was cut - compared to the rest of the film it's simply not violent enough. :tongue:

If I had to nitpick, you can't change the audio or subs on the fly and the subs still have the grammatical errors (and occasionally vanish a little too fast) that were present when I saw this at the cinema, but that's all I can fault, really.

My biggest question, though is: why is there a Snickers TV ad after the trailers? :ooh:

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
My steelbook (due out Monday) arrived early!

Yeah, mine arrived, too - looks like a lot of pre-orders landed on a lot of mats today!

Drooling... My copy will be here soon thanks to my fave "Little Brother". :wink:

The cover looks very Sin City-ish IMO.

Oh, that's nice too! :smile:

Just checked out the UK blu a little bit.

Overall, it's a pretty awesome disc with some pretty awesome extras.

Cool! Wonder if they are different from the US release. Sometimes they even have two different audio commentaries.

I can see why the "Gang War" scene was cut - compared to the rest of the film it's simply not violent enough. :tongue:

Right? I thought it was a deleted scene from the last Muppet movie. :tongue: Seriously though, I thought this scene was great, but definitely didn't belong in the movie. Gareth was right to cut it out.

If I had to nitpick, you can't change the audio or subs on the fly and the subs still have the grammatical errors (and occasionally vanish a little too fast) that were present when I saw this at the cinema, but that's all I can fault, really.

The switching audio/subs thing is always a bummer. Sometimes on repeat viewings I like to switch off the subs (using the sub button on my remote) for action scenes with limited dialogue, then back on again afterward. And occasionally I'll be curious about how a line might be dubbed, and want to do quick switch back and forth with the audio. It is a shame that the subtitle errors weren't ironed out before the Blu's release. But I still think I'll manage to love it. :angel:

My biggest question, though is: why is there a Snickers TV ad after the trailers? :ooh:

Lame. And because they are pushing their product so hard, I am going to purposely stop eating Snickers Bars in protest. Well... right after I finish the one I'm eating. Hmmm... there is a coupon for a whole bag of bite-sized Snickers in the circular... Okay, I'm going to keep eating them. But I refuse to be happy about it! :xd:

Those kinds of commercials are almost as annoying as the "Stop Bootlegging" commercials that you can't skip through. I don't want to be forced to listen to a lecture every time I watch my legally purchased, legitimate release of a Blu-ray that I bought. So I just hit "mute", close my eyes, and eat my Snickers Bar during that part. :wink:

I would love to see the movie with all deleted scenes pasted back in... including the gang wa scene..I bet if it wasnt cut out in the first place nobody would have said anything.. like"yeah,the move is great but that gang war scene was out of place..."

Secret Executioner
And they couldn't put these on the Blu-ray, because...?

Not sure why, but I find your signature fits PERFECTLY with your comment - reflects how pissed you are haha. :tongue: