The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

ShaOW!linDude

OOOOOOWWWWWW !!!! My hands hurt by the sheer osmosis of watching that. Look, I was sold before the trailer ever came. Just bring on the movie already!

Man, I am one of the few people who did not like the The Raid at all (was entertaining enough, but I thought it was beyond overrated). This teaser looks more interesting than The Raid, but I feel like it will have more of the same slow and unconvincing martial arts as the first film.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Man, I am one of the few people who did not like the The Raid at all (was entertaining enough, but I thought it was beyond overrated). This teaser looks more interesting than The Raid, but I feel like it will have more of the same slow and unconvincing martial arts as the first film.

My boy mpm74 shares this sentiment.

I have one thing to say to you, what?:tongue: As for the teaser looks as if it starts the same as the last, but instead of bag is wall. Does this mean he is bringing down the walls in this one?

My boy mpm74 shares this sentiment.

I liked The Raid and I'd be a fool not to recommend it; mainly because it pushed the "action" envelope the same way Ong Bak did in 2003 (another movie that's overrated). However, I thought it had too much action. By the time I got to the 3rd act of the film, I felt full. By the time i got to the very last fight (2 guys vs. one), I became uninterested. Mind you, some of the first action sequences were better than sex.

Still, I say Gareth Evans is a f-ing genius. I liked Merantau (his first film) way more than The Raid, that's for sure. It had a sense of pacing. Didn't give you a full box of chocolates... gave you a few, and left you wanting more. Perfect pacing. Nice build up. That's not to say that Merantau had better action sequences. The Raid's were a lot better.

After seeing this Raid 2 trailer, I'm just as excited about it as the next person who thinks the original Raid is the best action movie of this century.

For me, the great martial arts/action movies have action, but aren't jammed with action: Police Story, The Big Boss, Black Belt, 13 Assassins, Ip Man, I Saw The Devil (all of these... great pacing, nice build up)...

Pacing. It's all about pacing.

Now, excuse me while I jerk off to the Raid 2 trailer.

Honestly, the intenseness and presentation of The Raid 2 trailer makes Tom Yung Goong 2's trailer look like Bloodfist 6 (Bloodfist 6 in 3D to be exact).

ShaOW!linDude
Honestly, the intenseness and presentation of The Raid 2 trailer makes Tom Yung Goong 2's trailer look like Bloodfist 6 (Bloodfist 6 in 3D to be exact).

Awwwwwwwwwwww, SLAM !!!!! :tongue:

Awwwwwwwwwwww, SLAM !!!!! :tongue:

I've seen all that motorcycle shit watching Armor of God part 2! And everything else? I'll just pop in all the previous Tony Jaa films.

Yeah, saw the teaser...that's a teaser, alright. Merantau was fantastic and we all know how The Raid turned out. I saw V/H/S/2 the other day and I'm really beginning to understand what Evans is all about. The man's a bona fide, 21st-century action-auteur. Now that's he's coming into his own and I've seen the teaser, I've got a pretty good idea of what the movie's going to be. And if it's anything at all like what I'm picturing, we're in for a treat. I don't think the guy's got it in him to let us down. This is gonna be bonkers.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I liked The Raid and I'd be a fool not to recommend it; mainly because it pushed the "action" envelope the same way Ong Bak did in 2003 (another movie that's overrated). However, I thought it had too much action. By the time I got to the 3rd act of the film, I felt full. By the time i got to the very last fight (2 guys vs. one), I became uninterested. Mind you, some of the first action sequences were better than sex.

Still, I say Gareth Evans is a f-ing genius. I liked Merantau (his first film) way more than The Raid, that's for sure. It had a sense of pacing. Didn't give you a full box of chocolates... gave you a few, and left you wanting more. Perfect pacing. Nice build up. That's not to say that Merantau had better action sequences. The Raid's were a lot better.

After seeing this Raid 2 trailer, I'm just as excited about it as the next person who thinks the original Raid is the best action movie of this century.

For me, the great martial arts/action movies have action, but aren't jammed with action: Police Story, The Big Boss, Black Belt, 13 Assassins, Ip Man, I Saw The Devil (all of these... great pacing, nice build up)...

Pacing. It's all about pacing.

Now, excuse me while I jerk off to the Raid 2 trailer.

Jose-Mourinho-Applause.gif

The question is will it get cut once it goes domestic?

Well, Sony Pictures released The Raid: Redemption at it's original length internationally and domestically.

I believe this is getting a universal release. In other words, UK, USA will be seeing the came cut as Indonesia - save the Indonesian soundtrack which wasn't used in Redemption either. It's not just the insane action I like, but the way the film is being treated internationally. This is unprecedented and quite rare as far as I can tell.