The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

OpiumKungFuCracker

I will buy it nevertheless, but maybe I'll check it out when hits the torrent sites first I'm sorry. Thanks for the comment and it is good that you also enjoyed Life of Brian :wink:

Torrent is the seed of giving and sharing my friend, nothing wrong with that.

TheGrimReaper

@OKFC: Thanks for understanding my point, mate - I know it sounds inappropriate to download for a torrents, however I've developed this routine for my own collection.

Wait for it to show on the tracker, see it, then decide to buy it. So I'm kind of divided right now between being a pirate and a righteous man :wink:

Unfortunately for such movies I strongly desire to see, torrents are my one option, then comes the online retailers.

Cheers

@OKFC: Thanks for understanding my point, mate - I know it sounds inappropriate to download for a torrents, however I've developed this routine for my own collection.

Wait for it to show on the tracker, see it, then decide to buy it. So I'm kind of divided right now between being a pirate and a righteous man :wink:

Unfortunately for such movies I strongly desire to see, torrents are my one option, then comes the online retailers.

Cheers

It's been online since the movie opened wide. After I saw it in theaters I've been watching the final fight almost every night since, and it still packs a punch. (I'm trying to beat my record of most watched fights before I but the home release. Donnie Yen vs Sammo in SPL holds this record which is probably over 50.)

OpiumKungFuCracker

Upon viewing the film 4 times now, I went back and revisited Sleeping Dogs and funny enough it reminded me of this movie. I was even using my car as a weapon on the gangsters the same way the movie did. Talk about great timing, huh?

Hammer Girl Rules!!!

Just need to get the model in it now :tongue: I also have the Baseball Bat Man costume together as well. Hopefully I can get their shoot off the ground early next month.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I know! I love that. Just saw this again last night and at both screenings that got a rise out of the audience haha.

:bigsmile: Even amidst all the other crazed stuff in the film, that image really pops!

There were a handful of girls spread throughout the theater who clearly felt it was too much (boys and girls, if your significant other isn't into it, don't bring them to ruin it for the rest of the theater) and there were some very rude guys around my age sitting directly behind me.

Lame. :squigglemouth: Yeah, if you're not into a film, then leave. How self centered are people that they'd ruin it for others? :neutral:

I had just popped in for a second viewing because my friends were busy last night, so I was by myself. These guys behind me kept loudly mocking me saying things like "is that chick lost? Does she think this is the new Zac Efron movie?" and stuff like that. Not in a funny way, they just sounded malicious. And then at the end of the movie? They couldn't handle the violence! If you're going to mock a stranger, you damn well better be able to handle the movie you're seeing. Looks like I wasn't the one who was lost!

What?! :ooh: This makes me both sick and extremely angry. What a bunch of disgusting, bullying little cowards! :tinysmile_angry2_t: Talking shit to a woman by herself? How do they sleep at night? If I'd have witnessed that I would have quietly, but firmly advised them to stop. If that didn't work I feel like I would've been clapping some eardrums on some deserving idiots. Geez, two things I have basically zero tolerance for- people being rude in the theater and bullying? :neutral: I wonder what integral part of our society these imbeciles fill? No surprise that they were reduced to the whimpering losers they truly are by the film's end.

But back to the movie, I feel like I was able to unpack more of the choreography this time around and it is just stunning. Brutal yet with an odd grace to it. And as much as I love Hammer Girl (I'm totally going as her to comic con this year!), Baseball Bat Man is just as awesome! He may not be a hot chick, but lets give the guy some credit too hahaha.

I'll have to go back for Round 3 to try to comprehend that final fight better. It just blows my mind!

LOL I love the way you put that- "I was able to unpack more of the choreography."

I'm trailing behind everyone with only one viewing so far. And I definitely feel that I need to see it again in the theater. :nerd: Maybe this week...

@Kung Fu Bob: I live in Bulgaria and sadly no martial arts are coming closer either on cinema or on dvd/bluray and I'm getting really annoyed by this situation.

Wow, I had no idea that these films could be so hard to get there. :squigglemouth:

All movies in my carefully selected collection has been obtained through online retaliers such as Amazon, Ebay, Yes Asia and Zavvi, but I do not know if I would have the nerves to wait for the official release of The Raid 2 to buy it, it's just too much.

I will buy it nevertheless, but maybe I'll check it out when hits the torrent sites first I'm sorry. Thanks for the comment and it is good that you also enjoyed Life of Brian :wink:

I understand your impatience, but I believe you can do it! :bigsmile:

Remember- Gareth is one of our fellow Kung Fu Cinema Forum brothers. He has posted here. To support the illegal downloading of his film, even if you plan on buying the legitimate release in the long run, is still like a slap in the face to one of our own. Someone recently told me that they have "a copy" and I told them I didn't want it. I'm not going to lie- it wasn't easy! :tongue: I'd love to be watching it here at home now. But... :squigglemouth: I just can't do that to Gareth, Iko, and the rest of them.

Upon viewing the film 4 times now, I went back and revisited Sleeping Dogs and funny enough it reminded me of this movie. I was even using my car as a weapon on the gangsters the same way the movie did. Talk about great timing, huh?

I love that game. I too would often start a "rumble" by driving over as many gangsters as I could before exiting the car and launching into the hand to hand. :angel:

i just came back from the 6th viewing..all with different company plus twice solo.

Whoa! Now that's love and dedication. :bigsmile:

Soon :wink:

10259593_809571296146_217298233_n.jpg

Right on!

Noelle Shadow Kick
Soon :wink:

10259593_809571296146_217298233_n.jpg

Awesome! Look forward to seeing it and the Baseball Bat man!

Like I had mentioned, I plan on doing a Hammer Girl cosplay for New York Comic Con this year. Except I was thinking I'd do battle damaged. Take the prettiest white lace dress I can find and them splatter fake blood all over it haha

OpiumKungFuCracker
Awesome! Look forward to seeing it and the Baseball Bat man!

Like I had mentioned, I plan on doing a Hammer Girl cosplay for New York Comic Con this year. Except I was thinking I'd do battle damaged. Take the prettiest white lace dress I can find and them splatter fake blood all over it haha

Now that's hot!!!! Pair it with baseball bat boy and you have a killer tag team!

Noelle Shadow Kick

What?! :ooh: This makes me both sick and extremely angry. What a bunch of disgusting, bullying little cowards! :tinysmile_angry2_t: Talking shit to a woman by herself? How do they sleep at night? If I'd have witnessed that I would have quietly, but firmly advised them to stop. If that didn't work I feel like I would've been clapping some eardrums on some deserving idiots. Geez, two things I have basically zero tolerance for- people being rude in the theater and bullying? :neutral: I wonder what integral part of our society these imbeciles fill? No surprise that they were reduced to the whimpering losers they truly are by the film's end.

LOL I love the way you put that- "I was able to unpack more of the choreography."

Yeah, I was genuinely shocked at how rude those people were. Normally at movies like this, everyone is excited and wants to chat with everyone else! It was surprising and frustrating.

And yeah, I mean first time through my brain can't keep up with all the awesomeness on the screen!!! Hahaha

Now that's hot!!!! Pair it with baseball bat boy and you have a killer tag team!

Haha that would be awesome. I'll have to see if I can recruit one for sure!

Secret Executioner

I'd have thought you'd already be talking your bf into going as "baseball bat man". :tongue:

On a personal sidenote, I haven't been able to see this one as we speak since it hasn't been released in France yet. And I guess it will be a direct-to-video release in several months, as it happened with the new Judge Dredd movie or many Asian movies like Flying Swords Of Dragon Gate. :sad:

Just got back from a second viewing and it was just as good as before, if not more so. I was able to appreciate the stunning choreography even more, although I have tro admit I was still wincing at some parts. Hammer Girl's introductory fight is one of the single most brutal encounters ever committed to film, but it is awesome!

lintanglantang

I've been a silent reader in this forum since The Raid 1. As an Indonesian, I'm so proud and happy that the Raid series and silat get international recognition. I am also happy that a fellow Betawi becomes international action star (mind you, we are generally known as natural comedians in Indonesia, which is actually a good thing, but a variation would be welcomed).

Back to The Raid 2, I just want to share some trivia/fun facts :

Very Tri Yulisman, who played Baseball Bat Boy studies silat in the same silat school with Iko, Tiga Berantai Silat School. Another notable student of the school is Melkiaz Torobi, the Usher look-alike who died by the doorframe in The Raid 1.

The Grandmaster and one of the founders of Silat Tiga Berantai was Bunawar, Iko's uncle.

As a tribute to his contribution to Silat, Gareth uses his name as a character in The Raid 2 series. Mr. Bunawar passed away last year.

Iko skipped silat classes several times because he wanted to concentrate on his dream career as a soccer player, but it was Mr. Bunawar who told him to concentrate on Silat. In his words : (Your ) Soccer (skill) will give you nothing, but Silat will get you places.

The leading female in Gareth's VHS 2 Safe Haven, Hannah Al Rashid, used to be a silat athlete, representing UK in Silat world championship. Some people thought she would be the one who played Hammer Girl, based on her silat skill and her constant communication with Gareth at almost the same time with The Raid 2 filming preparation. It turns out they were doing Safe Haven project.

I've been a silent reader in this forum since The Raid 1. As an Indonesian, I'm so proud and happy that the Raid series and silat get international recognition. I am also happy that a fellow Betawi becomes international action star (mind you, we are generally known as natural comedians in Indonesia, which is actually a good thing, but a variation would be welcomed).

Back to The Raid 2, I just want to share some trivia/fun facts :

Very Tri Yulisman, who played Baseball Bat Boy studies silat in the same silat school with Iko, Tiga Berantai Silat School. Another notable student of the school is Melkiaz Torobi, the Usher look-alike who died by the doorframe in The Raid 1.

The Grandmaster and one of the founders of Silat Tiga Berantai was Bunawar, Iko's uncle.

As a tribute to his contribution to Silat, Gareth uses his name as a character in The Raid 2 series. Mr. Bunawar passed away last year.

Iko skipped silat classes several times because he wanted to concentrate on his dream career as a soccer player, but it was Mr. Bunawar who told him to concentrate on Silat. In his words : (Your ) Soccer (skill) will give you nothing, but Silat will get you places.

The leading female in Gareth's VHS 2 Safe Haven, Hannah Al Rashid, used to be a silat athlete, representing UK in Silat world championship. Some people thought she would be the one who played Hammer Girl, based on her silat skill and her constant communication with Gareth at almost the same time with The Raid 2 filming preparation. It turns out they were doing Safe Haven project.

Neat trivia. Thanks for posting these.

lintanglantang

I had just popped in for a second viewing because my friends were busy last night, so I was by myself. These guys behind me kept loudly mocking me saying things like "is that chick lost? Does she think this is the new Zac Efron movie?" and stuff like that. Not in a funny way, they just sounded malicious. And then at the end of the movie? They couldn't handle the violence! If you're going to mock a stranger, you damn well better be able to handle the movie you're seeing. Looks like I wasn't the one who was lost!

I know how you feel, those as*h*les didn't know whom they deal with. Like everybody else have said, maybe you should bring hammer next time. You're so polite that you didn't say anything to them. If I were you, I will look them in the eyes and say something that embarrass them.

You should tell them that the martial arts they see in the movie was invented by a woman and the silat grandmaster who taught silat to Cecep 'the Assassin' Rahman was also a woman.

Noelle Shadow Kick
I know how you feel, those as*h*les didn't know whom they deal with. Like everybody else have said, maybe you should bring hammer next time. You're so polite that you didn't say anything to them. If I were you, I will look them in the eyes and say something that embarrass them.

You should tell them that the martial arts they see in the movie was invented by a woman and the silat grandmaster who taught silat to Cecep 'the Assassin' Rahman was also a woman.

Now THAT I should have said haha.

Also really interesting trivia, thanks for posting!