The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

This is definitely a film that I'm looking forward to. I'm a big fan of both Gareth and Iko, and I guess I'd watch anything they do.

Does anybody know where to find Gareth's documentary on Penjat Silat? I'm very interested in seeing it. Did it get released on DVD?

Close Quarters

I'm not sure KFB on that doc, but I'd like to see it too. I know Gareth posts on Twitter so maybe worth getting at him there unless we see him pop back over here. I checked out Twitch to see if there was anything I missed about The Raid 2 and I found more photos from the movie. This was posted late January:

Raid-2---BTS-4-thumb-630xauto-36552.jpg

more pics on the page here

Also at the bottom of the page Todd Brown who is apart of the website was replying to a fan's comment and he talked about Gareth's projects after The Raid 2:

Yeah. Dara (the short film), Macabre and Killers are the three official Mo Brothers films. Apparently they have one earlier student short but they refuse to show it to anyone. I've tried. Then Timo did his ABCs of Death short (L is for Libido) solo and Timo and Gareth collaborated on the Safe Haven segment of S-VHS. And Timo and Gareth will collaborate again on an action flick called The Night Comes For Us once Berandal is done.

Close Quarters

Good news, but I don't know the female from anything. On that link you gave, there was another link to The Raid 2's facebook page with a ton of info including spoilers for damn near every fight scene they plan on doing for the movie. Explains every actor's role too, pretty interesting. Here's the link here

TibetanWhiteCrane

According to Mike Leeder, the movie will feature the vehicular mayhem of Bruce Law..... sounds good to me.

Close Quarters

Just found this on bloody-disgusting.com

Meet Prakoso From Gareth Evans' 'The Raid 2'

Director Gareth Evans (The Raid, V/H/S/2) has shared a brand new look at his massive The Raid 2, which will bear the subtitle Berandal in some foreign markets. Evans shared the new looks on Twitter, one displaying character “Prakoso”.

raid-2.jpg

Kinda looks like the Mad Dog actor, but obviously playing a different role. They said he'd be in it playing someone else, so maybe this is him. They got a few more photo stills of Hamer Girl and filming of a car chase scene:

the-raid-2-hammer-girl.jpg

the-raid.png

Here is a list of SOME of the fights I found online. They said there will also Be more than the 9 listed, but they dont want to Give away to much. The trailer will also be release this month or early October.

Hot Scene Fighting:

-Club fight.

-Prison riot.

-Toilet fight.

-Baseball bat fight.

-Yakuza japan gangster.

-Shattered a shelter busway.

-Four on one fight in the moving car.

-Claw hammer girl fight at the subway train.

-One on one knife fight with more than five minutes! And many more.

raid2.jpg

Happy Birthday Mad Dog!

Teaser Trailer out within the next month.

http://filmcombatsyndicate.blogspot.com/2013/10/gareth-evans-announces-teaser-date-for.html

"Teaser trailer sent for VFX work & grading. Scoring done. Sound mix next. Aiming at putting it out around 7/11 Nov if all goes smooth."

"Saving a bunch of stuff for the main trailer hopefully end of December early January."

"Not planning to put too many clips out there - seems a lot of films these days are showing way too much before they even release."

"We have 17 action sequences in the film - so there’s going to be a lot fresh material unspoiled by any teaser or trailer we release."

"At most both combined would equate to 3mins 30s. Last I checked - the action alone clocked in around 1hr 5mins mark."

"At most both combined would equate to 3mins 30s. Last I checked - the action alone clocked in around 1hr 5mins mark."

Sweet Jeebus. It's like he went into the last one hoping people would mention it in the same sentence as Hard Boiled. And now he just wants to wipe the floor with it.

The Amazing Psycho Per

HOLLY COW!

First teaser is out. You can only catch a quick glimpse, but man it's intense. Really intense. I think they managed to crank the knob to "11". Saying that I'm totally psyched for this is an understatement to say the least.

Check it out on Twitch:

http://twitchfilm.com/2013/11/indonesian-teaser-premiere-for-the-raid-2-berandal-get-your-first-taste-of-the-action-now.html

Edit: D'oh!!!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Kung fu cinema community expectation: Teaser comes out, everyone has orgasm and spread their enthusiasm all over the boards. Once movie hits cinema in God knows where, the expectation has dropped like bombs in Hiroshima.. Please check Special I.D thread for example.

I reserve judgement simply because this teaser trailer doesn't really show much. The sequel does look much bigger in scope though, that's for sure.