The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

OpiumKungFuCracker
Others have been saying that, but I think Jaa has become a case of "too bright too soon". Iko has been working his way up slowly from film to film to film. Between the overblown Ong-Bak prequels and the CG-infested TYG2, he needs a good comeback. I *am* still curious to see how he fares in Fast & Furious 7 though.

Iko does seem more in line with Jet though.

Yeah, Jaa might have peeked early but we'll see come FF7.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Got my tickets for Friday 4-11!!! This will be my first time going to a movies alone.. But I can't wait!

Where are you at bro?

ShaOW!linDude
I'm in Honolulu Hawaii. None of my friends want to "read a movie" very close minded

Wow, that's pretty lame. :squigglemouth: Well, at least you won't have to worry about their mindless chatter. You'll get to enjoy it all on your own. :bigsmile:

Ah darn, thats good though, at least you'll be seeing it!

Im out in the boondocks of VA, Winchester area, but I work down in the DC area.

OpiumKungFuCracker
I'm in Honolulu Hawaii. None of my friends want to "read a movie" very close minded

It's time to find new ones.

It's showing in Ireland too! I saw the trailer for it on TV today totally out of the blue!!

yea, i was shocked when i found out its playing in hawaii. i hope this movies makes the money it deserves!

OpiumKungFuCracker

I find it a bit funny when critics say they like the first movie because of its simplicity. No bitch, you like the first movie because it was an easy film to sit through and review.

OpiumKungFuCracker

So the Alamo Drafthouse being the cool theater that they are, is doing a double feature for the world premiere, Fuck yes!!

So the Alamo Drafthouse being the cool theater that they are, is doing a double feature for the world premiere, Fuck yes!!

Yah the Alamo near me in Winchester, VA already told me they wouldn't show it when I asked. They also said they couldn't show a Shaw movie when I asked them to when Run Run passed away, something to do with the reel sizes or format. :(.

So I'll have to take an hour and a half trip to see it, but I commute that far to work so it's not too bothersome.

Just sucks, I really like the Alamo, but it seems all the other Alamo locations do all this cool kung fu shit, and mine doesn't?

OpiumKungFuCracker
Yah the Alamo near me in Winchester, VA already told me they wouldn't show it when I asked. They also said they couldn't show a Shaw movie when I asked them to when Run Run passed away, something to do with the reel sizes or format. :(.

So I'll have to take an hour and a half trip to see it, but I commute that far to work so it's not too bothersome.

Just sucks, I really like the Alamo, but it seems all the other Alamo locations do all this cool kung fu shit, and mine doesn't?

Sucks you have to drive an hour plus away to see this, I hope the experience is worth it. I guess it depends on the programmer at the Alamo. Our programmer down here in Houston shows every genre you can think of, which is pretty cool to say the least. April 11th, double feature, can't freaking wait!!!

Saw this tonight... I have no words... in my 28 years of watching movies, no film has left me feeling truly shaken, exhausted, and about to pass out until I saw this.

Suddenly the first film, which I love, feels like small potatoes compared to this.

Are there slow sections in this film? Yes. But you know what? They help build the tension for the action sequences, thus giving them for more meaning and intensity than the first film.

And yes, everything you've read/heard about the last two fights are true. Never have I seen fight scenes more brutal than those two.

Btw, the final fight definitely has a LOT of (subtle) nods to the final fight from The Big Boss, so that made me happy :wink:

come on man, you've got me salivating haha! seriously though, what's up with the Alamo in Kalamazoo, cool Kung Fu screenings there? Just one more week til The Raid 2 hits theaters here in GR, can't wait!!!! I actually was trying to tell a guy at work about the Raid films, which nobody there has ever heard of. I said I guarantee him The Raid 2 will be the best action film this year, and he said "not better than Transformers" haha

sifu iron perm

definitely living up to its expectations and hypeness..i still remember when evans posted updates on here..hahahah!!!

come on man, you've got me salivating haha! seriously though, what's up with the Alamo in Kalamazoo, cool Kung Fu screenings there? Just one more week til The Raid 2 hits theaters here in GR, can't wait!!!! I actually was trying to tell a guy at work about the Raid films, which nobody there has ever heard of. I said I guarantee him The Raid 2 will be the best action film this year, and he said "not better than Transformers" haha

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzsm5H6UbHf2iFIpr6ntp9AScI9crSyJ5cBroabqT64Qi3uZ_nOg

Drunken Monk

The film is magnificent. Just magnificent. Amazing characters, a gripping plot and the most well executed action since...well...the first film.

There were cheers and applause during my screening as well as dozens of "Oohs" and "Ouches."

Everyone in the film delivers and that last thirty minutes? Heaven. Sheer martial arts ecstasy.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
Saw this tonight... I have no words... in my 28 years of watching movies, no film has left me feeling truly shaken, exhausted, and about to pass out until I saw this.

Suddenly the first film, which I love, feels like small potatoes compared to this.

Are there slow sections in this film? Yes. But you know what? They help build the tension for the action sequences, thus giving them for more meaning and intensity than the first film.

And yes, everything you've read/heard about the last two fights are true. Never have I seen fight scenes more brutal than those two.

Btw, the final fight definitely has a LOT of (subtle) nods to the final fight from The Big Boss, so that made me happy :wink:

Oh man... :bigsmile:

My son and I are going to see the first showing on opening day here. Can't freaking wait! :nerd:

The film is magnificent. Just magnificent. Amazing characters, a gripping plot and the most well executed action since...well...the first film.

There were cheers and applause during my screening as well as dozens of "Oohs" and "Ouches."

Everyone in the film delivers and that last thirty minutes? Heaven. Sheer martial arts ecstasy.

Oh man... :bigsmile:

My son and I are going to see the first showing on opening day here. Can't freaking wait! :nerd:

I'm hoping to drag my dad to meet up with me to see this... he loves the first one, and I know he'd be all over this one. I mean, this is a man who saw Enter the Dragon 18 times in the theaters. At least that's what he's told me over the years :wink:

Btw, this is the music that plays during the final scene before the credits... depending on one's way of looking at/analyzing things, this may or may not be considered a spoiler :tongue: But it's a great piece of music regardless:

qvPUTyqlCT4