The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

One Armed Boxer

Restaurant fight scene has also been released -

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/03/new-the-raid-2-restaurant-clip-this-is-why-we-cannot-go-anywhere-nice-anymore.html

On a personal note though, having seen the movie completely steering clear of watching anything other than the initial trailer, for those who have plans to watch it within the next 2 weeks I'd really advise avoiding these clips.

This scene, along with the car fight, were simply jaw dropping to watch for the first time on the big screen, and somehow watching them on a computer monitor, completely out of context of the scenario that they occur in, is only going to spoil the experience when watching the movie itself.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Restaurant fight scene has also been released -

http://twitchfilm.com/2014/03/new-the-raid-2-restaurant-clip-this-is-why-we-cannot-go-anywhere-nice-anymore.html

On a personal note though, having seen the movie completely steering clear of watching anything other than the initial trailer, for those who have plans to watch it within the next 2 weeks I'd really advise avoiding these clips.

This scene, along with the car fight, were simply jaw dropping to watch for the first time on the big screen, and somehow watching them on a computer monitor, completely out of context of the scenario that they occur in, is only going to spoil the experience when watching the movie itself.

Too late, already saw it:tongue: At this rate they might as well show the whole freaking movie. I can't handle the temptation, sorry!

Hell, there's now an "Anatomy of a Scene" video with Gareth Evans doing commentary on the scene where Prakoso is raided (see what I did there... aren't I witty?) in the nightclub... I basically watched it right until the moment he grabs an empty bottle and is about to chuck it :tongue:

I need to try to survive for one more week (and a day) but it's getting tougher!

One Armed Boxer
At this rate they might as well show the whole freaking movie. I can't handle the temptation, sorry!

I think that award still goes to 'Special ID', I remember in the leadup to its release they gradually released clips of every single action scene in the whole movie, leaving nothing to surprise. I'm not sure when it changed to a point were the only way to market an action movie it to start showing all of the action before it's even been released, it kind of defeats the point of watching it for me.

I think that award still goes to 'Special ID', I remember in the leadup to its release they gradually released clips of every single action scene in the whole movie, leaving nothing to surprise. I'm not sure when it changed to a point were the only way to market an action movie it to start showing all of the action before it's even been released, it kind of defeats the point of watching it for me.

I've watched most of the clips, but thankfully most are pretty short... hell, the subway and restaurant clips are only about 30 seconds each :tongue: But yeah, if they release ANY clips for the last two fight scenes, I refuse to watch them. The most I've seen are what were in the trailers.

No regrets about watching the deleted gang war... since it was both awesome and not even in the movie :wink:

I'll be at Cineworld in Sheffield for this tomorrow. Anyone else?

If you see a tall, bearded bloke wearing a Clint Eastwood shirt, come and say hello! :smile:

after the movies releases in theaters how long do you think before dvd release? they wont show the movie in my cinema, and i live on an island so i cant drive to a city showing it. i read on IMDB that it is not even releasing in japan until August 17th! that means we wont get a dvd release until Dec ish

One Armed Boxer
i read on IMDB that it is not even releasing in japan until August 17th! that means we wont get a dvd release until Dec ish

The good news is that the Japanese release of a movie has no bearing on when the US & UK DVD will come out.

All you people waiting for April 11th be strong, cause I'm trying! I only watched the tv spots and short clips and I'm going crazy with anticipation. Even though I'm like 35 min from NY, I refuse to pay an unnecessary amount of money for parking, so I'm waiting for a local NJ theater to get it.

after the movies releases in theaters how long do you think before dvd release? they wont show the movie in my cinema, and i live on an island so i cant drive to a city showing it. i read on IMDB that it is not even releasing in japan until August 17th! that means we wont get a dvd release until Dec ish

If the first film is anything to go by, the US DVD/Blu-ray release should be around August. The first film had the same type of theatrical release with a limited late March release, and then a wider release by mid-April.

All you people waiting for April 11th be strong, cause I'm trying! I only watched the tv spots and short clips and I'm going crazy with anticipation. Even though I'm like 35 min from NY, I refuse to pay an unnecessary amount of money for parking, so I'm waiting for a local NJ theater to get it.

If all goes well, I'll finally be able to see it this Friday in DC... I could be lazy and wait an extra week for it to show up at a theater 20 minutes down the road from me, but I can't wait any longer! Hell, the five days from now is going to be trudging along slow enough!

Empire Cinemas are doing a double bill of The Raid and Berandal. I. Am. There.

http://www.empirecinemas.co.uk/synopsis/the_raid_2_-_double_bill/f3962

Damn it! A friend of mine said that one of our local theaters should do that, and I said it was unlikely that would happen. The Cinemark close to us here in the US does do double features and marathons, but usually only of big franchises, such as a Captain America double feature this Thursday night. *sigh* I'd love to see The Raid on the big screen again, and he's only ever seen it on Blu-ray.

thesmileysmiler

Jesus, just back from a Cineworld unlimited screening. Absolutely blown away. I wasn't the biggest fan of the original, I found the choreography lacked variety and became numbing towards the end, but this just keeps hitting harder and harder. The entire audience was gasping and wincing at the brutality - and make no mistake, this is perhaps the most violent film I have ever seen.

Please try not to watch any clips beforehand, because you don't want it spoiled. I love the way Evans builds up to the fights, the suspense before the prison brawl......man, unbelievable.

Where do you live? Im thinking about seeing it in Woodbridge at Potomac Mills, they're having a screening there.

If the first film is anything to go by, the US DVD/Blu-ray release should be around August. The first film had the same type of theatrical release with a limited late March release, and then a wider release by mid-April.

If all goes well, I'll finally be able to see it this Friday in DC... I could be lazy and wait an extra week for it to show up at a theater 20 minutes down the road from me, but I can't wait any longer! Hell, the five days from now is going to be trudging along slow enough!

Where do you live? Im thinking about seeing it in Woodbridge at Potomac Mills, they're having a screening there.

I'm closer to the Baltimore are in Maryland, so Potomac Mills is quite a trip :tongue: Ironically *Arundel* Mills, 20 min down the road from me, will be getting it on the 11th as well. But I still plan on seeing it *this* weekend at E Street in DC :wink:

I saw it at Cineworld last night, too.

"FUCK....ME!" were my exact words when the credits started rolling. It had to be restarted after about ten minutes due to being zoomed too much, cutting the subtitles off. Noobs.

I saw it at Cineworld last night, too.

"FUCK....ME!" were my exact words when the credits started rolling. It had to be restarted after about ten minutes due to being zoomed too much, cutting the subtitles off. Noobs.

Sounds almost like when I saw the first film... the subtitles were RIGHT at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes would get partly cut when there'd be a double layered bit of text.

Meanwhile, glad to see fellow seasoned MA film fans so hyped about this and so enthused when they leave the film... is it Friday yet?! :sad:

OpiumKungFuCracker

Any of my Kung Fu Brethren in Houston? If Keung likes it, you damn know this movie is special.

Any of my Kung Fu Brethren in Houston? If Keung likes it, you damn know this movie is special.

Haha, yes, I'm one of those people that didn't reckon much to the first film, but this, this is something else. Hammer Girl and Baseball Bat Man are fucking badass!

It is currently showing at 3 theatre here in NYC - Regal E-Walk (Times Square), Regal Union Square & Loews lincoln Square.

Me and co-workers may end up doing a triple feature day/night - The Raid, Captain America & Noah. The also showing Captain America double feature.

Might be a bit of a stretch, but will Jaa and Iko be the next Jackie Chan and Jet li?

Others have been saying that, but I think Jaa has become a case of "too bright too soon". Iko has been working his way up slowly from film to film to film. Between the overblown Ong-Bak prequels and the CG-infested TYG2, he needs a good comeback. I *am* still curious to see how he fares in Fast & Furious 7 though.

Iko does seem more in line with Jet though.