The Raid 2: Berandal (2014)

BLfan

Has anybody heard any news on this second feature from up and coming martial arts star Iko Uwais? I really enjoyed Merantau so I am very much looking forward to this!

One Armed Boxer

The guys over at fareastfilms have reported that Gareth Evans is just putting the finishing touches to the script for this movie, now re-worked from its original concept to be a sequel to 'The Raid', and that it's currently got a total of 18 action scenes making it even more full-on that it's predecessor! Count me in.... http://www.fareastfilms.com/newsPage/Evans-And-Uwais-Are-Back-For-Berandal-4115.htm

Gareth Evans has released a few updates on Berandal recently. the first of which was the concept art for the new character Alicia aka the Hammer Girl. also on Twitter he mentioned they had prepped choreography for the prison riot scene, so now we know part of it will be set in a prison like the original concept/teaser shown at the bottom link. Also, he said shooting is planned to wrap in October 2013, so unfortunately TIFF is not in the cards for this one. there will be a festival run though, followed by a planned Q1 or Q2 2014 release date.

http://twitchfilm.com/2012/08/meet-the-raid-sequels-hammer-girl.html

ShaOW!linDude

Yeah, he does. I love those vicious low kicks! Can't wait to see some of those put to use.

I have not noticed Yayan Ruhian's name mentioned anywhere in connection to this film. I'm hoping Gareth will create another character for him to play. That dude's a fantastic screen fighter.

One Armed Boxer

Big Mike Leeder's posted an article about this over at Impact, filming is due to start January 19th (just 16 days away!:tongue:) and it looks like it's going to be a much bigger movie in terms of scope and characters....and for us actions fans -

The film will be two hours or more, with the last 40 to 45 minutes of major action, the filmmakers said.

Full article here - http://www.impactonline.co/news/1088-raid-sequel-berandal-starts-filming

ShaOW!linDude

Cool beans!!! Thanks for the link, OAB. Glad to see Yayan will be in it. Wonder what his character will be now.

Seriously? 3 villains? Is Gareth implying, like, 3 boss fights?:nerd:

First official photos/announcement for the filming of "The Raid 2: Berandal" (most likely to just be called "Berandal" or possible "Serbuan Maut: Berandal" in Indonesia, and will allegedly be titled "The Raid: Retaliaion" in the US)

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/the-raid-2-begins-production-photos-included

BTW, this photo obviously is from the opening that Evans referred to as "taking place just hours after the first film"... but where is Rama's machete scar?

raid2-photo1.jpg

Damn 2014, that is a long wait... So stoked for this film, I mean how can you not???

Meh, it's a year, I can handle it :tongue: Also, a two year gap from one film to another isn't terrible. Can't believe it's already been nearly a year since I caught the first one in theaters! But yeah, I posted this on Facebook saying it's the first film I'm looking forward to for 2014 :bigsmile:

Meanwhile, the first one is on On Demand now, but it's a choice between subtitled/unrated but pan and scan standard definition, or widescreen/high definition but R-rated and dubbed. Oy.

I just stumbled across this tiny tidbit on IMDB. Apparently none other than Larnell Stovall himself is credited as "guest fight choreographer."

Close Quarters

Just found this on horror website bloody-disgusting.....

Director Gareth Evans (The Raid, S-VHS) is still shooting his massive action sequel The Raid 2 (which will bear the subtitle Berandal in some foreign markets)! Any of you guys who saw the first one know full well that it warrants inclusion on this site because of it’s carnage and gore factor. Also? It’s an awesome movie. From PT Merantau Films and XYZ Films, the pic is filming in Jakarta, Indonesia and is scheduled to shoot for over 100 DAYS. Iko Uwais returns in the lead.

Check out this brand new still shared by Evans that’ll have you begging him to pull the pin.

“Picking up right where the first film ends, ‘The Raid 2′ follows Rama (Uwais) as he goes undercover and infiltrates the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force.“

the-raid-2.jpg

Huh, if that's straight from the film, looks like he's moving on up to filming in 2.35! Old school scope widescreen! :smile: I'm sure since they have a bigger budget this time around, they also have nicer cameras/lenses :tongue: