Similar movies to Tai-Chi Master (1993) & Iron Monkey (1993)?

GH0STFACEDKILLR

GH0STFACEDKILLR

Hey guys, I've really enjoyed Tai-Chi Master (Twin Warriors) and Iron Monkey and I was wondering if you know of any movies with similar action styles (wires, ridiculously under-cranked fight scenes, etc..) from the 90s era that are in the same league as these two? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

• Like 1

Guest Yi-Long
Hey guys, I've really enjoyed Tai-Chi Master (Twin Warriors) and Iron Monkey and I was wondering if you know of any movies with similar action styles (wires, ridiculously under-cranked fight scenes, etc..) from the 90s era that are in the same league as these two? Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Fong Sai Yuk 1&2, Last Hero in China, New Legend of Shaolin, etc etc.

Just watch out which version to buy, cause many of these movies have been fucked up, cut up, dubbed up, or ruined in other ways.

more to the list

Same League: The Blade (Tsui Hark - Vincent Zhao), Burning Paradise (Tsui Hark), Swordsman 1 and 2(Tsui Hark again), Dragon Gate Inn, Wing Chun

Slightly Below: Bride with White Hair(action-wise is little, but story-wise it's classic), Moon Warrior, Chinese Ghost Story trilogy, Green Snake

Below the league (according to me, dont take any offense): Swordsman 3 The east is Red, Butterfly and Sword, The Magic Crane, Deadful Melody, King of Beggars, Hero amongst hero, Hero (1997 with Yuen Biao and Takeshi Kaneshiro), Royal Tramp 1 and 2, Flirting Scholar, Bare-footed Kid.

that's all the costume-period/wuxia i can think of right now

• Like 1

Fong Sai Yuk 1&2( AKA The Legend 1 & 2), Last Hero in China, Once Upon a time in China part 2, the Blade.

I know you asked for films with wirework etc but if you haven't already seen it you really need to see Jet Li's Fist of Legend which is from the same era and probably his best ever movie.

More modern films heavy on wirework you might appreciate in a similar vein would be...

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

House of flying daggers

Bichunmoo

Hero (2002?)

Legend of the Shadowless Sword

Fearless

Also from the 90s with wirework youwill probably enjoy...

A Chinese Ghost story 1 and 2

Bride with White Hair

The Heroic Trio and its sequel Executioner's

Jet Li's the evil cult

Wing Chun

I would personally avoid Butterfly and Sword, Swordsman 2 and New Dragon Gate Inn.

• Like 1