Bruce Lee Head Cast from 1966

urbankungfu

urbankungfu

Hello friends and fellow collectors - This is my Bruce Lee "Bust" which I purchased on ebay from a seller in California. It is a copy from the mold used to fit Bruce's mask for his role as "Kato" in the 1966 Green Hornet television series. What's cool about it is that the artist modified it and added the full head (ears, neck). I'd like to find an artist to paint it and bring it to life!!!

Peace!

Hector Martinez

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3181/img2119h.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5057/img2120.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fang Shih-yu

Interesting item there!... I'm reminded of an episode of Antiques Roadshow where Clayton Moore's original mask from The Lone Ranger (the one concealing his nose) was appraised; I don't recall its estimated value, but I do know it was made to fit [the shape of] his face in a way like the masks that Bruce and Van Williams were. I hope that bust copy didn't set you back a lot!:cry:

urbankungfu

Hi Fang - I actually have that segment of Antiques Roadshow recorded unto DVD and Clayton Moore's mask was appraised at $25,000.00. It looked black on the television series due to the fact that it was shot in B&W but the mask's original color is "purple".

That's one of my favorite shows on tv as well as the "Incurable Collector!!!"

Thanks!

Hector Martinez

Fang Shih-yu
Hi Fang - I actually have that segment of Antiques Roadshow recorded unto DVD and Clayton Moore's mask was appraised at $25,000.00. It looked black on the television series due to the fact that it was shot in B&W but the mask's original color is "purple".

That's one of my favorite shows on tv as well as the "Incurable Collector!!!"

Thanks!

Hector Martinez

Thanks for that memory jog!:bigsmile: It seems like that first mask affected how he sounded when he spoke in those early episodes; it had to be due to that nose cover!:tongue:

Archived