The Man From Nowhere (2010)

AlbertV

The Amazing Psycho Per

Mmm... Not quite what I expected on first viewing... A lot less action but a lot more violent then I thought... I'll have to give it another go, now that the expectation barrier has dropped...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, if you see "I SAW THE DEVIL" you'll notice that this movie is on a totally different level. ;)

I saw the devil was great, have this film too, sounds like its getting bumped down my list

I saw the devil was great, have this film too, sounds like its getting bumped down my list

Don't do that!

I watched about 3/4th of this film (awesome so far). I'm really surprised of the lukewarm response in this thread. Again, I still have to see the rest of it... it's not original, but what action film is?

Review coming soon.

OpiumKungFuCracker
Don't do that!

I watched about 3/4th of this film (awesome so far). I'm really surprised of the lukewarm response in this thread. Again, I still have to see the rest of it... it's not original, but what action film is?

Review coming soon.

I love this movie so much, can't get enough of it... I was able to get a copy of the bluray before its release date, lucky me.. Won Bin (The lead actor) seals the deal for me...

Oh do not watch the English Dubb, it is horrible....:nerd:

I'm actually disturbed that some people think this movie was just "ok"

Hmmmm...

Anyways, I thought it was fuckin' great, and I had high expectations.

=D

I still need to peep this, I keep avoiding this for some reason but I think its time to finally check it out. People on here seem to really rate it highly. I'll give my thoughts after I watch it.

Just saw this a moment ago and I would say its in your best interest to please SEE THIS MOVIE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! This movie doesn't dissapoint. Its has a similar emotional and exciting ride of Taken with like ten times more violence. The action scenes are also better and quite refreshing. This is on my to get list.

I just watched movie. Not highly original (Leon: The Professional, Man On Fire and Taken rolled into one with traces of some other movies) but it's still a very lovely piece of crime/action drama with gripping emotions and intense moments.

OK I got finished watching this movie, and all I can say it was Off The Hook! One of the best movies I've seen in awhile! As DIP stated it did seem to have traces of (Leon: The Professional, Man On Fire and Taken) but I still think that the storyline was original in its own right. Won Bin is an actor I will be looking forward to seeing again. The action scenes were awesome the ending was Off The Hook! This is a must see movie!

Again the Koreans prove that there on top of there game with this movie..

I cannot believe some of the negative comments about this movie. I didn't think this movie was slow at all, it had a good pace and picked up speed as it went along, and then didn't stop!

OK I got finished watching this movie, and all I can say it was Off The Hook! One of the best movies I've seen in awhile! As DIP stated it did seem to have traces of (Leon: The Professional, Man On Fire and Taken) but I still think that the storyline was original in its own right. Won Bin is an actor I will be looking forward to seeing again. The action scenes were awesome the ending was Off The Hook! This is a must see movie!

Again the Koreans prove that there on top of there game with this movie..

I cannot believe some of the negative comments about this movie. I didn't think this movie was slow at all, it had a good pace and picked up speed as it went along, and then didn't stop!

A lot of people would call an action movie without a main fight scene in the first twenty or so minutes slow. I was like that when I was young but if the story is engaging it shouldn't matter.

A lot of people would call an action movie without a main fight scene in the first twenty or so minutes slow. I was like that when I was young but if the story is engaging it shouldn't matter.

I like when action movies are like this. I appreciate the build up. They mean more once the action does kick in.

Listen certain movies have to have that opening action scene to set the tone, others do not. This is one movie that needed to build up steam where it didn't give away anything about the main character until halfway through the movie. You didn't know anything about him, but when you did it was full steam ahead! I think that it was better this way! This is definitely one of the best action movies to come out this year!

I had to watch this again last night its even better the 2nd. time around! The end fight scene is Off the Hook!

No its similar to the movie Taken but even better, the end scene is really the best part of the movie, you could watch it over and over again!

OpiumKungFuCracker

Yeah, the end scene is a beauty to watch, like watching opera with bullets being sprayed until the fat lady is shot dead....

I don't know why people keep on comparing this film to TAKEN. If that's the case, you might as well compare it to Korean Cum Guzzlers Vol. 13.

I don't know why people keep on comparing this film to TAKEN

mpm74: I only think its similar to Taken on how driven he was to finding the little Girl and how ruthless he is. So yeah I do think there is some similarities to the movie Taken in there.

mpm74: I only think its similar to Taken on how driven he was to finding the little Girl and how ruthless he is. So yeah I do think there is some similarities to the movie Taken in there.

If that's the case, why didn't anyone bring up COMMANDO when Taken came out? =D

(we can stop right here, I'm just being a nut)

mpm74: I hear what your saying, and I do agree there are a few similarities from other movies in this one. (ex: The Knife scene reminded me of the end fight between Steven Segal & Tommy Lee Jones from Under Siege.) but I think on a whole its still an original script, and a great movie!

I've seen this movie three times already. I love everything about it. Especially the emotion.

Lionclaw: Your one up on me Brother! I didn't want the movie to end! I'll tell you this I would like to see a prequel made about what happened to him, up until he disappeared. I think that would be a cool movie,

OpiumKungFuCracker

The scene where the main boss is playing bowling with the you know what was fucking emotional charged like a muthafucka!!! When I look at Won Bin's face, I knew he was ready to kill with vengeance, after that the shit just got real, LOL...

daisho2004: A prequel would be nice but they are tough to get right so I think the movie is best on its own, not to be ruined. I'd rather see Won Bin in another action movie. Maybe he can show his footwork next time.

OpiumKungFuCracker: That was an awesome scene. My favorite emotional scenes was when the girl told him he hurt her really badly, the scene when he was about to shoot himself, and of course the ending. The little girl was one amazing actor. A lot of her scenes with Won Bin really struck chords with me and I'm not really a sentimental type. :cry:

Archived