Mystery Science Theater 3000

Morgoth Bauglir

MarsHarmony
Watched a few episodes on you tube last week:

Soultaker

The Final Sacrifice

Manos

Hobgoblins

I think Final sacrifice was the funniest overall but each had quality bits of humour in them.

Couldn't find any godzilla episodes though, might have to torrent them once I upgrade this pc.

A great batch of episodes. Soutaker, is the first episode of the 10th season, and not only do you get to see Joel make a brilliant visit, but you also get TV's Frank stopping by to make it a real treat. What can I say about Manos, and Torgo, that has not already been said, but we can't forget that it has the superb short Hired part two, with the super musical version of Hired. Less than five minutes into Hobgoblins and Servo is already screaming "Why am I watching this?" Love it. The Final Sacrifice - "Just one more?" asks Servo and Crow, "Alright, but this is the final sacrifice." says Mike, is always fun to watch, there are tons of great riffs, and Rowsdower. Hope you can find some Godzilla episodes.

That's the name, all right!!:tongue: Can't forget the skit where Tom Servo plays the singer with his own share of ups and downs! Near the end, the destitute Servo sings in the seedy joint, "Leather bar...Slingshot briefs!" in a send up of one of Eddy's songs! Isn't it during a host segment they do the bit where they talk about Crane like he was a teen idol, including Gypsy's line, "I read in Dynamite he liked gum!"?

Yes, Servo and Crow are having a slumber party, I love that they are reading Tiger 'Bot magazine, and Joel says he know Tony Travis and calls him up for the love struck 'bots, and Mike is the voice of Tony on the answering machine.

Thanks Marsharmony!! Gamera vs barugon is one of the few episodes I don't have on DVD. I think youtube has it so I will be watching it again soon!

My pleasure to help, I love MST3K.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not promoting Netflix, per se, but they have a great batch of Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes that you can watch online, and a few that are by dvd only. I've watched a few, but I did not pay attention until the end of Teenagers from Outer Space, when I noticed the end tag, or 'stinger' was cut off. That is always one of my favorite parts, the stinger clips at the end.

But they do have lots to choose from, and that is a good thing. Because each episode is a guaranteed laugh. So, if there is one you don't have, or haven't seen, it might be here to watch.

The Crawling Eye, (season1 episode 01), or #101

The Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy, #102

Mad Monster, #103

The Corpse Vanishes, #105

The Crawling Hand, #106

Ring of Terror, #206, (or season 2 episode 6)

Lost Continent, #208

Hellcats (dvd), #209

First Spaceship on Venus, #211

Godzilla vs. Megalon (dvd), #212

Cave Dwellers, #301

Pod People, #303

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (dvd), #321

Giant Gila Monster, #402

Teenagers from Outer Space, #404

Attack of the Giant Leeches, #406

The Killer Shrews, #407

Hercules Unchained, #408

Indestructible Man, #409

Hercules Against the Moon Men, #410

Manhunt in Space, #413

Tormented, #414

The Beatniks, #415

Crash of the Moons, #417

The Rebel Set, #419

Monster a Go-Go, #421

Manos (dvd), #424

Warrior of the Lost World, #501

Swamp Diamonds, #503

Secret Agent Super Dragon, #504

Eegah, #506

I Accuse My Parents (dvd), #507

Girl in Lovers Lane, #509

Gunslinger (dvd), #511

Mitchell (dvd), #512

The Brain That Wouldn't Die (dvd), #513

Teenage Strangler, #514

Wild World of Batwoman, #515

Santa Claus, #521

Zombie Nightmare, #604

Dead Talk Back (dvd), #603

The Starfighters, #612

Racket Girls, #616

Red Zone Cuba (dvd), #619

The Beast of Yucca Flats, #621

Night of the Blood Beast, #701

The Giant Spider Invasion (dvd), #810

Parts: The Clonus Horror (dvd), #811

Prince of Space, #816

Jack Frost (dvd), #813

Space Mutiny, #820

Time Chaser (dvd), #821

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank (dvd), #822

Phantom Planet, #902

The Final Sacrifice , #910

Werewolf, #904

Hobgoblins (dvd), #907

The Touch of Satan (dvd), #908

Soultaker, #1001

Girl in Gold Boots (dvd), #1002

Merlins Shop of Mystical Wonders (dvd), #1003

Future War, #1004

Blood Waters of Dr. Z, #1005

Boggy Creek II: and the Legend Continues, (dvd) #1006

Final Justice, #1008

Hamlet (dvd), #1009

Horrors of Spider Island, #1011

MST3K the Movie, and "Mr B's Lost Shorts" are on dvd as well.

As always one of the best shows ever made.

On a side note, as I haven't seen some in AGES...was there any kung fu. etc. fllicks done? :ooh::nerd:

Morgoth Bauglir

Thanks for the info Marsharmony.

As always one of the best shows ever made.

On a side note, as I haven't seen some in AGES...was there any kung fu. etc. fllicks done? :ooh::nerd:

There's Future War which you can get here- http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Science-Theater-3000-Anniversary/dp/B001IO07XM/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1290713911&sr=1-3 It features Daniel Bernhardt from BloodSport 2, 3 and 4, Robert Z'Dar, Jean Claude style kickboxing fights, dinosaurs, nuns, and half-way house for fat guys. Great episode. "Hey it's Jean Claude Van Damme" ------ "More like Jean Claude Gosh Darn"

There's also Master Ninja 1 and 2 with Lee Van Cleef which I haven't seen in awhile. I don't think they have been released on DVD, but are probably on youtube.

Also Invasion USA, but sadly, it is not the Chuck Norris movie. So no martial arts there.

Morgoth is right, and he speaks the truth about the wide scope of this film! Future War is a great episode, I think you will enjoy it very much. I think Daniel Bernhardt has a pretty sweet kick too.

The Master also has Sho Kasugi in some decent scenes with Lee Van Cleef's double.

Actually I am glad in a way that they did not feature a Shaw production, although I am sure there might be a candidate or two from the Shaw library.

And don't forget Ed Wood's fight choreography from The Sinister Urge!

Morgoth Bauglir

Wow I had no idea TV's Frank was so heavily into Christmas politics. I also didn't realize Santa makes $250,000 a year. He's underpaid if you ask me.

...I am glad in a way that they did not feature a Shaw production, although I am sure there might be a candidate or two from the Shaw library.

I pick Flag of Iron (English dub of course)! I've had more than several gags come to mind, to the point where I'm intending to record an iRiff for Rifftrax if I ever get enough spare time.

Wow, that's a "venom" packed movie. I have not seen it yet, but now I must see it!

That would be fantastic if you did a rifftrax for it.

Cinematic Titanic did East Meets Watts, And just in case you have not seen it, here is their preview-

W8WDWeumj-M

MarsHarmony

tmrqfUuGHkY

After the horrible events of the past few weeks, this made me laugh out loud! Thanks to Kevin and Mike and Chad for that. Enjoy.

Thanks for sharing that Inframan, that is going to be a great show and anyone in the area should make that a must see.

"Enjoy!"

I saw them all in New York (minus Mike Nelson) back in 2003 for a reunion/retrospective. It was alot of fun and Kevin Murphy autographed my book (I also got him to yell "SLEEEEP!!!" at me - that put a big old smile on my face). Absolutely love that show.

Saw them all (even the early KTMA stuff), but my favorite episode has to be Prince of Space:

Archived