Michal Jai White - Mortal Kombat: Rebirth

Drunken Monk

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drunken Monk

Lateef Crowder, too? Is that him? I'm a little behind on Mortal Kombat but I'm loving this video.

Drunken Monk

"Cat’s out of the bag. This is for the movie, and it comes from the mind of genius fight choreographer Larnell Stovall. He’s the guy who did the fights for the excellent Undisputed 3: Redemption, on DVD and Blu-Ray right now."

Wow...that was really cool!! First time Mortak Kombat has been cool since the 90's!!!

I hope this turns out to be an "R" rated Mortal Kombat........please oh please.

In the year 2010:

• The new HK action films will all disappoint you (or maybe just me)
  • There will be a Mortal Kombat reboot that looks badass

:ooh::ooh::squigglemouth::squigglemouth: What kind of world are we living in?

OldPangYau

It looks good, but it's not true Mortal Kombat. I don't mean to get all 90s MK fanboy here, but they took more than a few liberties with the characters and story. But does it look awesome and dark in tone? Yes. Would I see it as a full movie? Definitely. It's just the geek in me saying "it's not the same". It's basically "Mortal Kombat 2010" :tongue:

Also, for years, people have said MJW should play Jax if ever there was a reboot... well, there ya go :wink:

Morgoth Bauglir

Looks cool. Dragonsword that would have been nice if they would have got Rothrock to play Sonia Blade. They should have gotten an action actress to do that part, but maybe Jeri Ryan will surprise me.

that's James Lew as Shang Tsung! apparently Todd Brown at Twitch has confirmed this news; it is a promo reel for an upcoming feature film, and has nothing to do with MK9 the game, which is supposed to be unveiled at E3. despite the changes in character backgrounds (Reptile, Baraka) it could turn out to be a really good film reboot. I love the first film though, but the 2nd one had a lot of problems!

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2010/06/michael-jai-white-does-mortal-kombat.php

OldPangYau
I love the first film though, but the 2nd one had a lot of problems!

Understatement of... well... of all time :tongue:

Improvisation

Who's going to play Liu Kang in this one? Please please please let Robin Shou return to the role...

Or maybe they could get Jason Scott Lee.

kingofkungfu2002

Sounds like a cue for everyone to post who they would cast in a new Mortal Kombat movie :nerd:

It looks good, but it's not true Mortal Kombat. I don't mean to get all 90s MK fanboy here, but they took more than a few liberties with the characters and story. But does it look awesome and dark in tone? Yes. Would I see it as a full movie? Definitely. It's just the geek in me saying "it's not the same". It's basically "Mortal Kombat 2010" :tongue:

Also, for years, people have said MJW should play Jax if ever there was a reboot... well, there ya go :wink:

Im with you. LIke a lot of "reboots" today its like they took a established script and plugged in franchise characters as opposed to writing a script with the MK characters in mind. If this does happen I hope to see Donnie Yen, Wu Jing, Johnny Bosh and Dan Southworth involved.

Mark Pollard

Collider.com has an interesting interview with Kevin Tancharoen on the topic of MORTAL KOMBAT: REBIRTH.

http://www.collider.com/2010/06/09/kevin-tancharoen-interview-mortal-kombat-rebirth-feature-film

I summarized his comments in an update to the article on the main site.

http://www.kungfucinema.com/michael-jai-white-stars-in-mortal-kombat-pitch-14740

One Armed Boxer

According to the guys over at Twitch, this movie is finally going ahead! -

MORTAL KOMBAT Headed Back To The Big Screen

Well, you can consider that a rousing 'Mission Accomplished!' for director Kevin Tancharoen.

Evidently unsatisfied with a career spent directing things like Fame and the Glee concert movie and a huge fan of the Mortal Kombat video game series, Tancharoen last year shot a short film that gave the franchise a dark and gritty new look in hopes of convincing the powers that be to let him make a feature. It got their attention but not enough to go full bore, so everyone involved signed up to create a ten part web series - Mortal Kombat Legacy - instead. Fifty million viewers later, Mortal Kombat is headed back to the big screen with Tancharoen at the helm.

The film is still in the development stages with no script yet in place but expect all of the key creative team from Mortal Kombat Legacy to return.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/09/mortal-kombat-headed-back-to-the-big-screen.php

Archived