Chen Kuan Tai's Sad Life (recent article)

wuxiawuxia

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BigDruDogg

I'm happy to here he's kept his spirits up and continues to act...

I loved him in the Teahouse/Big Brother Cheng movies!

Everyone goes though problems in life... you just gotta keep Fighting!!

At least he didn't take the route of one of my All Time Favorite shaw actors Chiang Sheng! :yociexp98:

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Chen Kuan Tai's a real man. That sucks he didn't meet the woman who loved him enough to stand by him. Hopefully his life starts picking up from here, stability wise. You can tell he's an honorable man. Good luck to you Chen. :)

The Silver Fox

Well he hasn't given up, is still working and seems to have a sense of humour-hardly sad if you ask me.

Guest Markgway

Chen's a legend... shame it took him so long to learn life's number one lesson: Never give your money over to a woman!!

He's got a new film out that's getting positive reviews (Gallants. The poster is amazing, BTW). I think this will lead to some good things ofr him & some great press.

wizard12220

Gallants looks interesting with Chen Kuan Tai & Bruce Liang both as the main role in it. The other supporting casts are also old stars like Lo Mang, Shaw Yin Yin, Teddy Robin, Chen Wai Man & Ku Kuan Chung.

This is the one that Andy Lau produced.

Chen's a legend... shame it took him so long to learn life's number one lesson: Never give your money over to a woman!!

See, he broke bbh on himself. The number one "bro" to look out for is yourself.

wuxiawuxia

Very sad to see a legendary Kungfu champain turned martial arts superstar doesn't even know how to handle women. :sad:

David Rees

Cool looking old school poster....this film is getting good feedback from those who have seen it.

Chen Kuan Tai deserves a break, he is one of the original old school real martial artists, he had a great if short cameo in 14 Blades which was cool.

Is it true his original style was Monkey Fist?

CHEAP REGION FREE BLU RAY PLAYERS..HERE

Not as sweet as the one Haz put up but another poster (from Wuxia's link)

gallants+poster.jpg

At least Chen stopped at four.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I don't go for the sad life take for Chen.

He has thus far had a most glorious life.

A kung fu Monkey Master/

Many wins in championship fights in Asian Martial arts tournaments

One of the most beloved kung fu movie actors of all time.

His remarks showed no signs of remorse or sadness. He accepts the: 'way the cookie crumbles'. Or his Karma's.

Unlucky in love is nothing that will sink his ship.

I have more respect for him after reading the interview.

BUT A SAD LIFE. No Way! :tinysmile_angry2_t:

GD Y-Y

kungfusamurai

I don't feel bad for Chen Kwan Tai either. It's not like the people he loved died around him, and he had bad luck beyond his control. Most of the bad stuff or unfortunate things were of his own making.

Outside of the film industry, did he ever do anything with his martial arts training? It seems like a lot of the martial arts trained actors continued to work in their respective martial arts, thus keeping them somewhat grounded or on an even keel.

Anyway, just like dug himself into the hole, it's nice to see he's trying to dig himself out. Hopefully his upward travels will continue.

KFS

MarsHarmony

Chen Kuan Tai is a true champion. When something knocks a champion down, they get up and keep going. I have always loved and respected him, and this new article deepens my admiration for him.

Gallants looks super great and I can't wait to see it.

Archived