Tommy Lee

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

What a great martial artist. I revisit his films so frequently. The Hot The Cool And The Vicious, Killers Game, Along Came A Tiger, Challenge Of Death (even though he's only in it a little). There are others, but these films really do him justice. In THTCATV when he fights Tan Tao Liang. That's two leg masters goin at it, right there. I've watched THTCATV three times in the last month. Great film!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlackLamaFaction

Right on. His choreography is superb in films like 7 Steps of Kung Fu, Shaolin Invincible Sticks, Fatal Needles Fatal Fists, Eagles Claw, Ten Brothers of Shaoiln, the list goes on and on. Just about every kung fu film I love he's responsible for. He's the master.

I thought his performance in Along Came A Tiger was outstanding, and really brought the film to life for me.

I'm not sure about Tommy Lee as an onscreen presence but, as a choreographer, he is definitely in the top ten of all time.

Tommy Lee created SHAPES I'm 99.9 percent certain of it.his contribution to kung fu cinema was tremendous, great villain too

Bronx Rican

Major props to Tommy Lee (Gam Ming) overall. I enjoyed his thug from Fatal Needles.... menacing enough, but suitably frustated when he got schooled by the "Coward Chin Tsai". Pity he still couldn't make me like Goose Boxer.

Knockabout

I can remember seeing an old magazine article on Tommy Lee, but i can't find it anymore.. I'm writing a biography on Tommy Lee, so if anybody have this article (or can remember the magazine it was printed in) i would much appreciate it :nerd:

Of course any other info on him would be welcome as well, either here on in a PM.

Thanks

BlackLamaFaction

Does anyone know the story behind the hunchback obsession? I know of at least 3 films (Hot Cool Vicious, Green Jade Statuette, and Along came A Tiger) that he uses the hunchback. It's really hard to find out anything about this guy, at least through my available sources. I absolutely agree with the top ten choreographers comment. I'd even go top 5.

Morgoth Bauglir
Does anyone know the story behind the hunchback obsession? I know of at least 3 films (Hot Cool Vicious, Green Jade Statuette, and Along came A Tiger) that he uses the hunchback. It's really hard to find out anything about this guy, at least through my available sources. I absolutely agree with the top ten choreographers comment. I'd even go top 5.

In the Along Comes a Tiger commentary Wong Tao says "he just really liked playing this character". Or something like that. I haven't listened to it for awhile.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Speaking of Tommy Lee I want everyone hear to know with out a shadow of a doubt:

I KNOW TOMMY LEE

(not the rocker),

How do I know him? When did I meet him? Let me tell you all.

I met him in the 1980's. It was the kung fu movie's I saw him in.

You can't help but love the man's perfection when it come to choreography. One of the greats. His villain rolls are priceless and as good as anyone in the genre.

The Hunchbacks. The Big Teeth. The Blondie Hair. How quirky is this master of disaster? LOL

And working with the likes of Wong Tao and Tan Tao 'LEE' ung.

Yes one of the legends of the genre.

Thank you Tommy Lee for letting me KNOW you.

Once again:

I KNOW TOMMY LEE!

:tongue:

GD Y-Y

Archived