Ju-Jitsu (2010): New Yasuaki Kurata Film

AlbertV

Trailer

prH30Q_lwFU

Kurata-san stars and produces and co-stars I believe Masaru Nagai, the karate expert who starred in SHIN KARATE BAKA ICHIDAI and MIRAI SENTAI TIMERANGER as Red Ranger.

Looks good for a shot on video film.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
daisho2004

I'm sure it will have English subtitles or one of the fansubbers might put them on it.

Kurata-san still hasn't lost a step. He turned 63 in March. I love that capoeira fight scene in the last half of that last clip. Subs or not, I so want to see this.

wigsplitta

To see Kurata-San in such fine form after all these years is truly awe inspiring. So many cool films, so many cool tv episodes, so many cool characters, so many cool clothes! and sooooooo many cool fights. And yet more to come! :xd:

Morgoth Bauglir

Kurata must have seen all the MMA fights in movies over the last 5 years and wanted to top them with a gi fighting movie.

Mvrxw4iH7_w

Good to see the clips, thanks.. but I'm not sure if this film could be representative of the direction of action cinema in Japan.. this is a classic, icon of the genre doing what he does best, and hence, one of very few of his kind.

Bronx Rican

Awesome work from the legend. I'm going to go ahead and believe this film is meant to tweak Hollywood and the damn Jaden project by representing ACTUAL Japanese martial arts. It'll make me feel better.

This looks great.

Kurata is amazing. Is this getting a dvd release anywhere with English subtitles?

^What he said^

Wow so I finally realized there were clips thanks for Morgoth!!! Thanks Morgoth!!

Wow...holy crap.......yikes............oh man...this looks beyond awesome. Kurata doesn't look a day older than Fist of Legend and he looks twice as deadly!!!

This needs English SUBS quick...................:smile:

Morgoth, thanks for that clip, I missed it earlier. Mr Kurata has not lost it at all. Puts me to shame. I'll be lucky to walk properly at his age. Much respect to him.

Could it be possible within this community to get a fan subbed version produced? I'd try to pitch in to make that happen.

Morgoth Bauglir

Any knews on any versions with subs yet? All I can find is the Japanese version and it is not subbed.

• Administrator
Any knews on any versions with subs yet? All I can find is the Japanese version and it is not subbed.

I have been searching for someone to do the translating for this and other Japanese language films. No luck yet.

I have been searching for someone to do the translating for this and other Japanese language films. No luck yet.

I think I speak for us all when I say....KEEP SEARCHING!!!!!!! :tongue:

• Administrator
I think I speak for us all when I say....KEEP SEARCHING!!!!!!! :tongue:

:xd: Will do! LOL I really enjoyed it without subs, so they would definitely be the icing on the cake. Mmmmm... icing.

:xd: Will do! LOL I really enjoyed it without subs, so they would definitely be the icing on the cake. Mmmmm... icing.

Mmmmmmm...cake.....

Archived