Ong Bak 3

Gaijin84

The bootleggers are making a killing. Yes, even the malay release.

Some cheap fan sub job was made over last weekend. The translation is not even close. It hurt not only the true experience of the film (the timing is off, words not even closely translated) it completely KILLS the story and plot elements. This is the eng sub put on the DVDs you are paying money for!

Some examples from my research:

1. They literally typed anything in the subtitle program. Check out my comparison. the smaller is stills from the online boot (that you guys are paying money for). They got the Crow villian saying "Luck is on my side", when in the eng sub trailer he says "There is no one who can stop me"

Your $14 boot's translation that was just downloaded from the internet ahh dat bastards

ob3-boot2.jpg

Actual

ob3-actual2.jpg

2. The show stopper of the year. The scene in the temple "Tien's Revelation" the subbers put some messed up translations by "guessing" what was said by looking at the picture. When in actuality it is a scene of flashback dialogue from Ong Bak 2! Including Chernang's dialogue and unseen footage/dialogue of a young Tien with the monk.

Your $14 boot's translation that was just downloaded from the internet ahh dat bastards

ob3-boot.jpg

Actual Referening KEY Chernang Dialogue crucial tothe film's plot point.

ob3-actual.jpg

The comparison's are endless. As mentioned earlier, don't by the boots. The only known release is the Thai un-subbed Region 3. I have created definitive subs HERE for anyone interested.

Cheers.

Yes I know, had to go Fansite on them taking it back to the old VenomsFilms Ground Zero vs. German Release projects of yesteryear.

make believe
Rather than buy a boot - you'd have been as well to download it from a torrent until a legit release becomes available.

The one problem with this is usually torrents, at least the ones easily found, are small files best watched on your monitor since burning them to a dvd-r to watching on a tv would probably look very poor. So sometimes it's the choice of buying a bootleg dvd or waiting a year until someone finally decides to officially release it. I can't wait to see this movie but so far have been holding off for the time being. The same goes for Merentau Warrior.

Watched the film today and enjoyed it not much fighting but whats there is pretty meaty :) enjoyed the end fight reminded me of tai chi master but i wish it wasent such a one sided thing and i can understand the way it turned out in regards to its turbulent history. Agreed though Dan Chupong stole the show hes a better actor and Tony Jaa is as wooden as ever.

The one problem with this is usually torrents, at least the ones easily found, are small files best watched on your monitor since burning them to a dvd-r to watching on a tv would probably look very poor. So sometimes it's the choice of buying a bootleg dvd or waiting a year until someone finally decides to officially release it. I can't wait to see this movie but so far have been holding off for the time being. The same goes for Merentau Warrior.

Merantau Warrior is available on UK region 2 and well worth buying :bigsmile:, as for buying bootleg's of Ong Bak 3 why not wait until October and buy a legit UK DVD:wink:

OK I got to watch this movie tonight and I do have to agree with everyone on here the 2nd. movie was way better. But I did still enjoy it, the supernatural element was different but OK. The end fight scene was the best in the movie, I honestly thought that Dan Chupong was Tony Jaa just playing double role as a Witch he looked just like him. My copy that I had received from my friend the subtitles weren't that good at all, so yes I know I had a boot. And I know VenomsFan is going to have something to say about that, :crossedlips: but the copy was excellent. My overall opinion is that this movie could've been so much better, but all in all it was good. Looking forward to seeing what Tony Jaa does next.

The bootleggers are making a killing. Yes, even the malay release.

Some cheap fan sub job was made over last weekend. The translation is not even close. It hurt not only the true experience of the film (the timing is off, words not even closely translated) it completely KILLS the story and plot elements. This is the eng sub put on the DVDs you are paying money for!

Some examples from my research:

1. They literally typed anything in the subtitle program. Check out my comparison. the smaller is stills from the online boot (that you guys are paying money for). They got the Crow villian saying "Luck is on my side", when in the eng sub trailer he says "There is no one who can stop me"

ob3-boot2.jpg

Actual

ob3-actual2.jpg

2. The show stopper of the year. The scene in the temple "Tien's Revelation" the subbers put some messed up translations by "guessing" what was said by looking at the picture. When in actuality it is a scene of flashback dialogue from Ong Bak 2! Including Chernang's dialogue and unseen footage/dialogue of a young Tien with the monk.

ob3-boot.jpg

Actual Referening KEY Chernang Dialogue crucial tothe film's plot point.

ob3-actual.jpg

The comparison's are endless. As mentioned earlier, don't by the boots. The only known release is the Thai un-subbed Region 3. I have created definitive subs HERE for anyone interested.

Cheers.

Yes I know, had to go Fansite on them taking it back to the old VenomsFilms Ground Zero vs. German Release projects of yesteryear.

Thank you very much for the tip off! I have it on DVD ready to watch but dont want to ruin it with the fake subs!

Any chance of a re-up so i can enjoy the movie how it was meant to be seen before it comes out on blu ray/dvd?

Great work and thanks in advance

I watched this the other night and echo the sentiments of most folks here. I really liked ONG BAK 2 and this just seemed rushed. In fact, I think someone could edit parts 2 & 3 into a badass movie. The lack of fight time for Jaa was disappointing, as was the final confrontation.

Here is my full review if anyone wants to read it:

http://originalvidjunkie.blogspot.com/2010/08/jaa-had-me-at-hello-ong-bak-3-2010.html

Tony Jaa got old to me quick (not talking literally). But by the time i was done with the first Ong Bak, I already had enough. I've seen most of his films since then, and I'm just unimpressed.

Totally agree

udar55: Great review...

Absolutely.

I watched it last night (with the incorrect subs) but this review pretty much sums it up perfectly

Ong Bak 3 he plays like a god-like at the near end and its less action more over full of plot and story lines..just commenting

lindsey8555: Your right it was because of the supernatural element at the end of the movie. I just wish they would've stuck to the basics then it would've been a lot better movie.

Drunken Monk

I have to thank this site because I went into "Ong Bak 3" with terrible expectations after reading the reviews on here. While the entire middle of the film is basically Tony Jaa learning how to stand move and a guy screaming because of crows and whispers, what action there is I thoroughly enjoyed.

Yes, there should have been more...much more. This part of the trilogy did, indeed, feel rushed and half arsed. There were some incredible moments but I'm still very disappointed. What was good was very good but the rest was tedious and nowhere near what I wanted.

I have to thank this site because I went into "Ong Bak 3" with terrible expectations after reading the reviews on here. While the entire middle of the film is basically Tony Jaa learning how to stand move and a guy screaming because of crows and whispers, what action there is I thoroughly enjoyed.

Yes, there should have been more...much more. This part of the trilogy did, indeed, feel rushed and half arsed. There were some incredible moments but I'm still very disappointed. What was good was very good but the rest was tedious and nowhere near what I wanted.

The story is so tight. I mean it is awesome how it comes together. All they needed to do was top the Ong Bak 2 finale and there would be no complaints.

I don't know, I mean flashing back to when the eclipse goes away, Just flesh the finale out at that point. Rather than having the remaining guards all layed out because of migraines, just have Jaa go through the palace khoon ass kicking for another 10 minutes BEFORE meeting the Crow King. Just that would put the series as the best ma films of all time. Everything else was in place it just didn't cap off as it SHOULD have. As it COULD have. In my opinion that's the only place where it falls short.

I don't know, I mean flashing back to when the eclipse goes away, Just flesh the finale out at that point. Rather than having the remaining guards all layed out because of migraines, just have Jaa go through the palace khoon ass kicking for another 10 minutes BEFORE meeting the Crow King. Just that would put the series as the best ma films of all time. Everything else was in place it just didn't cap off as it SHOULD have. As it COULD have. In my opinion that's the only place where it falls short.

Bingo !!!

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I would have loved to see the Crow impaled by the elephant using it's double tusks (like the Starship Troopers double fang stabbing, during the compound defence sequence).

That would have been such a cool ending.

Due for release on Monday on blu-ray in the UK.

I'm hoping there's a bunch of extras but considering the company hasn't even bothered to announce the extras or even release a full sleeve advert, I'm not expecting much.

Oh well, we'll see what happens when Jaa comes out of monkhood.

I hope he doesn't do another "epic" fantasy period piece. Both 2 and 3 seem to lack any sort of character; I didn't care who the characters were or if they lived or died, unlike Ong Bak or The Protector.

Going back to basics with something simple would be nice. Who knows, maybe a movie about a fighting monk, like the one who invented the Chaiya style or Muay Boran, would be cool.

ShaOW!linDude

Just got through flipping through the 'Entertainment Weekly' magazine. It lists the Jan.14, 2010 date as a theatrical release after all. It also states this is the 3rd and final installment of the Ong Bak series. (Who knows?)

Did OB2 get a theatrical release stateside? If it did, it didn't come to my town.

Just got through flipping through the 'Entertainment Weekly' magazine. It lists the Jan.14, 2010 date as a theatrical release after all. It also states this is the 3rd and final installment of the Ong Bak series. (Who knows?)

Did OB2 get a theatrical release stateside? If it did, it didn't come to my town.

I'm all for the trilogy ending now and for an entire new movie to come out of his, but who knows if he will make another movie or not.

Part 2 did get stateside release in some theaters, at least in the major cities. I could have sworn that the version they showed in theaters had some differences from the version that I had on DVD at the time.

I wonder if they'll ever put out a box set of all 3 uncut etc etc...

Also, I only recently watched this movie and although it is disappointing in a lot of ways, it was still a pretty good movie. I think people unreasonably hate on it. Part 2 set the standard much too high is the problem. Without or without all drama on the set, it would take a lot to make part 3 as good. It does kind of look like a total cut up job too. It's like the Fearless Hyena 2 of Thailand. It was still pretty entertaining, despite the fights not being nearly as jaw dropping impressive as 2. The cg blood was a major eyesore too. Still I like the Ong Bak story in general quite a bit and much prefer the setting here than in present day like the first one. So overall it's still an above average movie that was made out to be way worse than it actually was.

I went into this movie with low expectations after reading the reviews but after now watching it twice I can honestly say I enjoyed it. It's not as good as Part 2 & obviously there isn't as much action but what there is I think is good. The fighting around the elephants with Jaa swinging from their tusks is as inventive & death defying as ever & i'd recommend the movie for that alone.

You're right in a lot of way. The whole thing was shoddily put together but it did have its moments and did have some potential. They didn't have to end it at 2, but they really should have put in more of an effort with the 3rd part; especially when you consider the standard that was set with part 2. I really do like the story in general, so I guess I probably tend to overlook a lot of its flaws. I won't deny, it really could and should have been much better.

The story is so tight. I mean it is awesome how it comes together. All they needed to do was top the Ong Bak 2 finale and there would be no complaints.

On the blu ray release they have behind the scenes footage.

There is a CUT scene removed in the final print that has tien (in white) being attacked with several crow guards in black summoned by the crow king BEFORE he loses his powers.

damn...