Ong Bak 3

Gaijin84

The Thai barebones DVD without English subs is out 12 Aug.

do you have any source for this? cause i've been trying to find info. all over the net with no avail

although i am quite happy that 12th aug. is the date. its about time for a film released in may!

thanks!

The UK DVD and Blu-ray version of Ong Bak 3 is available to pre-order and the release date is 11th October 2010.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ong-Bak-3-DVD/dp/B003YXZH7G/ref=sr_1_10?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1281594948&sr=1-10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ong-Bak-3-Blu-ray/dp/B003YXZH7Q/ref=sr_1_5?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1281594948&sr=1-5

With all of the poor reviews, is this even worth it? Shame as Ong Bak 1 and 2 were good.

Noelle Shadow Kick

Haha UK gets everything. I'll probably get to see it in about 4 years or something. Also, 3 isn't getting good reviews? Does anyone know if it's due to the story or the action? Because the actual stories of the Ong Back films so far haven't been great, but the action has made them worth watching.

I loved part 3. The fight scenes are on another level in style and imagination (the last fight between Tony and Dan was not up to par with the rest of the action, but still cool in it's own way).

The reason why Ong Bak 2 & 3 keep getting bad press is mainly because most fans expected modern day action that made Tony Jaa a world wide hit (Tom Yum Goong / Ong Bak 1).

To see him in a period action piece with traditional dancing and spiritual overtones is a shock to the system.

I've been a fan of eastern action cinema since I was a kid, even lining up for hours outside the Scala Cinema during the Rick Baker/Eastern Hero days, and I'll put my hand up and say Tony Jaa and Panna have created fight scenes in every movie that equal and even surpass the best from the golden age of Hong Kong to modern day action cinema.

Watching the end of Ong Bak 2 gave me the same thrill as when I saw the uncut 20 minute finale of Jackie's The Young Master on the big screen for the first time.

The creative and sometimes brutal fight sequences from just one of his films is like watching Mad Monkey Kung Fu, Pedicab Driver and Prodigal Son back to back.

In my opinion, Tony Jaa is a true phenomenon and I can't wait to see what he does next.

The film was quite tedious however the end fight was great , some nice Ideas there -Dancing warrior gods and Thai Chi- vs Devils Crow

Dan Chupong was superb in his role, they should have combined the 2 films and just put out one massive fight film. got rid of all the tedum, think I 'll do my own version.

Drunken Monk

I have this but I'm quite scared to watch it after all the poor reviews! I was hoping Tony Jaa would up the level of "Ong Bak 2" to make the third one something special. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed the second in the series and to hear that the third if awful is just sad.

I'll try and watch it this week.

I agree with the general sentiment. This was a disappointment. Most of what people came to see is all in the final 20-25 minutes or so. Everything else seemed to be either exposition or montage. Seriously, I can recall 4 separate montages in a row right now. Even if this is a fight film, that's no reason to get lazy and shoot this like a series of music videos. It got so irritating that I eventually just skimmed through the non-fight bits in 2x speed.

Have to agree, dissapointing. The best fight doesnt even have Tony Jaa in it, its Dan Chupong. The end is worth a watch but confusing and tedious inbetween, lets hope this break does him good.

You have to take into account that there was never supposed to be OB3, only OB2. When Jaa fell off of the path, Panna came in to help finish 2. As it was incomplete, there was a lot of footage, sets were still there, the film company decided to make OB3. Dan was never supposed to be in 2. Panna brought him in. That segued his character into 3.

OB3 appears to be more of Panna's movie. Jaa had gained some weight and seems very distant. Dan gets to do a lot. It was made because to film co. wanted it so they made up stuff to make a third movie. Not supriseing that it didn't work.

One Armed Boxer

BaronK, that's also what I believed to be the case, however if you check out page 5 of this thread...I was having a discussion with VenomsFan where he states this isn't the case at all and there was always supposed to be an 'Ong Bak 3'.

Got to watch a copy of the film today. It was not as consistent as "Ong Bak 2" in quality, but it did not drag on for me. The supernatural element was different, and the fight scenes were good, but it could have been better if the story and pacing of the film didn't feel so rushed, and regarding fight scenes, it almost felt like Tony Jaa was underused because it lacked the excitement and diversity of the fights in "Ong Bak 2". Also, the ending was a bit abrupt without any emotion or finality. I did enjoy it though and may appreciate it more upon a second viewing. I should also note that I watched OB2 and OB3 back to back in this sitting. For a rating I'd probably give it 7.5/10.

Just bought this, WS and subbed, from eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ONG-BAK-3-2010-DVD-TONY-JAA-THAI-MARTIAL-ARTS-ENG-SUB-/110574775626?pt=UK_CDsDVDs_DVDs_DVDs_GL

Seems to be a good seller, with excellent feedback. Also, cheapest copy on there, too!

Rather than buy a boot - you'd have been as well to download it from a torrent until a legit release becomes available.

Rather than buy a boot - you'd have been as well to download it from a torrent until a legit release becomes available.

Ah, shit - had no idea it was a boot, honestly though it was legit! :sad: