Ong Bak 3

Gaijin84

HyperDrive

If they had done one big movie instead of the two, it would have been cut into two movies ala Red Cliff for N. America anyways.

The Dragon
Exactly, couldn't have said it better.

... The problem I had with Bruce Lee 's fights is that he only completed 4 films. Screwin around with Betty Ting Pei too much...

:wink:

To Dragon....

For once I agree with you, about ANYTHING:smile:

:bigsmile::xd:

I haven't seen "Ong Bak 3" yet but I suppose with Tony leaving to the monastery for the time being, they could use the opportunity to edit the two sequels and re-release them as one film to keep him in the market in a way. For me though, I don't mind seeing more of Tony. Anyway, again, looking forward to seeing it - heard that its going to be playing in a cinema here in Sydney sometime next month, so even better.

daisho2004

Listen the pressure was most likely getting to him and he just needed a brake for now, I'm sure he'll be back with a Vengeance. He could call his next movie: "Fistful of Buddha"! :tongue:

Listen the pressure was most likely getting to him and he just needed a brake for now, I'm sure he'll be back with a Vengeance. He could call his next movie: "Fistful of Buddha"! :tongue:

Buddha Bless YOU daisho2004 !

I am ALL with YOU on that one !

Athena :kiss:

It is now on HOYTS Cinema website and the release date is listed as 8 July 2010 down here.

http://www.hoyts.com.au/Movies/details/Ong_Bak_3.aspx?cs=1

It's also the same day that "Karate Kid" (Jackie Chan) comes out in NSW, SA & WA through Hoyts

Don't care about my birthday but nice timing, so looking forward to seeing it.

Looks like I might be in for a double header that day.

Thanks for that.

Improvisation
any word on dvd or bluray release dates ?

Not 100% sure, but I think the tentative release date is mid-November this year.

I know, lame right?

blue_skies
Seriously, Thai movie piracy needs to step their game up.

I'd rather No money goes into pirates hands instead go in to fund more productions.

It's a shame that Tony Jaa doesn't get the prime dvd releases of his movies like he used to.

Ong Bak was fully loaded with lots of cool extras, Tom Yum Goong had a good release but Ong Bak 2 to was pretty bare bones.

For a film(s) that were 2-3 years in production, I'm hoping Ong Bak 3 gets an ultimate release with lots of cool extras like multi angle shots (as in Ong Bak 1).

There are a few scenes in the trailer for Ong bak 2 that were from different angles from the final film and I though, "DAMN !!", that's what should have been in the final release.

Hope all the missing footage makes it on the the official realase of Ong Bak 3.

It'd be nice if it included some sort of "What went wrong" documentary outlining the numerous problems with the production of 2 and why this one has been rushed, but I guess it's unlikely to happen as no film normally admits to having problems. I would like to have the full story on why the most promising martial arts star of the last 10 years has fallen so bad he's pretty much retired.

It'd be nice if it included some sort of "What went wrong" documentary outlining the numerous problems with the production of 2 and why this one has been rushed, but I guess it's unlikely to happen as no film normally admits to having problems. I would like to have the full story on why the most promising martial arts star of the last 10 years has fallen so bad he's pretty much retired.

Nothing went wrong. It was part of the journalism gossip. The "time in the woods" was obviously when the recuperation scenes of Tien were filmed. See the scene when he is standing over the cliff. Brings chills down my spine every time I see it.

I will say that there has been a HUGE push to not get the screener released. Links are automatically reported to the new Digitl Mllmneum Cpyrit act (misspelled to not catch ggle searches). But we will have it by September's DVD release time as mentioned earlier on this site.

I remember when Ong Bak 2 hit online screener d/s within 2 months of it's theatrical release date.

One Armed Boxer
Nothing went wrong. It was part of the journalism gossip. The "time in the woods" was obviously when the recuperation scenes of Tien were filmed.

VenomsFan...you posted similar information in the other thread about Tony Jaa becoming a monk...could you please reply to my post regarding these comments, I`m very curious where this information that everything that happened was all part of the plan came from! -

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=128225#post128225

Still eagerly awaiting to see this movie, it is a shame there's no fight scenes like he did with the two Muay Thai fighters in OB2, out of all the fights in part 2 that's the one I rewind again and again, would love to see more fight scenes like this, get back to one on one/two fighting, I'm kinda over seeing someone wade through 100 people with no skills.

It's a huge shame CineAsia (UK) failed to get Ong Bak 3 because it would have been out on bluray already and with a few good extras.

I doubt Optimum releasing will make any effort to release something cool.

VenomsFan...you posted similar information in the other thread about Tony Jaa becoming a monk...could you please reply to my post regarding these comments, I`m very curious where this information that everything that happened was all part of the plan came from! -

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?p=128225#post128225

Yeah, sorry I didn't get back to you on that. Basically, every article online ran off the rumor that Jaa "stormed off diva style after an on set fight". Now while I don't doubt there were arguments on the set (typical movie making fare - Just ask Christian Bale) that in no way indicated he "quit".

Then came the interview where Jaa was crying. Um where did we see the english translation for this? Jaa was going through some emotional things, but the film was still underway. The stress came from the film not being completed on time and the need to flesh it out more. He just wasn't getting the support expected (remember the comments made by Pranna and company about getting the funding).

But the king's palace was already constructed and Jaa was shooting the recupe scenes during the hiatus when they were looking for more $, etc. This we know. Just watch the interview with Jaa and Pranna.

Once you see Ong bak 3, you will see how much Jaa was trying to do. It's a shame he didn't get the initial support requested. So going the path of the monk, etc while making Ong Bak 3 has poetic justice if anything.

It's a huge shame CineAsia (UK) failed to get Ong Bak 3 because it would have been out on bluray already and with a few good extras.

I doubt Optimum releasing will make any effort to release something cool.

I'm with you hardz, Cineasia's transfers are optimal and some of the best we've seen! Especially their mastered HD Blu ray process. Would've been nice to see Ong Bak 2 get the same treatment.

Still eagerly awaiting to see this movie, it is a shame there's no fight scenes like he did with the two Muay Thai fighters in OB2, out of all the fights in part 2 that's the one I rewind again and again, would love to see more fight scenes like this, get back to one on one/two fighting, I'm kinda over seeing someone wade through 100 people with no skills.

I'm with you Tosh. One of my faves is after the hill tumble and charging out with the 3 sectioned staff. The finale in Ong Bak 3 gives the same feeling (meaning you rewind the entire thing not just parts of it).

It's clear Jaa didn't direct the final with with Dan :neutral:, however...