Kara wins again!

Winfred

Last night, Kara Hui again won the best actress award in Guangzhou for her role in At The End Of Daybreak.

I've lost count......is this her 5th or 6th award for this role?

What a career resurgence!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jackie Fhan
Last night, Kara Hui again won the best actress award in Guangzhou for her role in At The End Of Daybreak.

I've lost count......is this her 5th or 6th award for this role?

What a career resurgence!

what movies was she in again?

Wheat Thin Man
what movies was she in again?

Martial Club and Legendary Weapons of China are two that come to mind.

BigDruDogg

She deserves it! She was great in My Young Auntie..I liked seeing her pop up in movies, I always found her to be the cutest/sexiest shaw actress :tongue:

I am so amazed how Kara has aged not one bit. She still is very youthful and no wonder many roles are coming her way. She deserves every award she gets because she went from an action actress to a dramatic actress with ease. Congrats, ying hung!

Congratulations to Kara for winning the BEST ACTRESS award at the 10th Changchun Film Festival on Saturday night. It was her first Mainland win.

It was a tie.

Vicki Zhao also won for MULAN.

Congratulations to Kara for winning the best actress award at the Vladivostok International Film Festival. This is her 7th win for her role in At The End Of Daybreak!

Vladivostok is located in Russia (near the border between Siberia and North Korea). Although its location is remote, it is renowned in the international film world. About winning Best Actress again, Kara said, "Film has no border or language difference. I am very happy to be recognized for my acting not only in the Chinese region, but also in an international film festival."

kara-1.jpg

My god, this lady gets more younger looking everytime I see her; amazing. Once again major congrats, Kara you so deserve all of your success. Thanks Winfred for keeping us posted.

Kara signed a TVB management contract recently. TVB is evidently proud of her and held a celebration for her a few days ago. Here's Kara posing with the 7 awards she won.

karahui7.jpg

Guest Markgway

Always nice to see a former Shaw star get latter day recognition.

Now where's that Best Actor award for Chen Kuan-Tai??

Archived