Prince of Persia comes out today....

Improvisation

Improvisation

Anyone going to see this? I am a huge fan of the games so I hope the movie can be as good as they are, but you know how that always plays out (Street Fighter, vomit). According to rotten tomatoes this is the highest rated movie based on a video game ever.

My only reservation is that Disney is distributing it...does that mean a suffocating cap on the violence level?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blue_skies

Are you kidding? This movie is going to suck. Jake Gyllenhaal as an action star? An over reliance on CGI. Rated PG 13 in the States, 12 A in the UK (meaning it suitable for little kids as long as they are with their parents) no it's not even going to be slightly violent.

I'm not sure if I would even see it if someone else paid for me.

Anyway moderators this is in the wrong forum!

Improvisation

Anyway moderators this is in the wrong forum!

Huh? How is this the wrong forum? Mark has made plenty of updates about this movie on the site, putting it in the category of "modern martial arts cinema" since it made use of a lot of screen fighting.

Anyway, just got back from seeing the movie. I was disappointed that it didn't stay more faithful to the game (parkour, acrobatic fighting) and the fighting was way too quickly edited to get a good look at anything, but it's hollywood, what do you expect. That being said, the action that WASN'T too tightly edited was great, especially a throwing knife fight towards the end. I'd recommend it if you liked the games, because the story was pretty similar to that of Sands of Time.

blue_skies
Huh? How is this the wrong forum? Mark has made plenty of updates about this movie on the site, putting it in the category of "modern martial arts cinema" since it made use of a lot of screen fighting.

Personally I would have put it in the general forum where most Hollywood films are talked-about.

Archived