TIGERCAGE trilogy pre order FS remasters

Tigerstyles

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Wow, thanks might have to look into this one, Donnie Yen old skool is the shiznit!!! Is he playing a big role in this??

blue_skies

That's great news except I'm broke. I think I'm going to have to go on a baked beans on toast diet.

Wow, thanks might have to look into this one, Donnie Yen old skool is the shiznit!!! Is he playing a big role in this??

Donnie Yen had a major supporting role in the 1st installment, then took one of the big lead roles in Part 2, but doesnt appear in #3

Guest Yi-Long

It's about fucking time!

So many great great HK asian classics still haven't gotten the release they (and we) deserve, so nice to finally see one of them (Tiger Cage 2) now getting a decent release (hopefully).

My girlfriend will be in Hong Kong in July/August, so this will be on my present-list :D

I believe Donnie is not the star in the first film, but in the second he is the star. He is not in the third film. I will buy the second film. I think it`s quite good.

You're right, but Yen does deliver one of the best fight scenes of the film against good friend Michael Woods and Stephen Berwick.

The first film's leads are Simon Yam, Jacky Cheung, and Carol Cheng. Leung Kar-Yan is in the film as well.

The second is my favorite. Love it when Yen takes on his two real life buddies Woods and John Salvitti.

Totally agree Albert.....part 2 is my favorite of the series by far!!

The fights are great and always a joy to watch Donnie Yen take on his training partners Woods and Salvitti.

good news! I got the Universe of part 1, which is good enough to not replace it. part 2 I have the crappy Mandarin dubbed WA version, so an upgrade is in need. haven't seen part 3, so now seems like the perfect time!

One Armed Boxer

Wow, about time! I've been waiting to see these ever since Hong Kong Legends stated they had accquired the rights to them way back around 2001...but they never came to be and I've never had the opportunity to watch them since! Great news!

Not too sure about the synopsis for Tiger Cage 3 though...:tongue:

shelliegal

awesome!!! i'll have to get part 2 - donnie's great in here and quite funny with rosamund...part one is good too. i would say rent first on part 3 - it's very unforgettable. at least for me.

Guest Markgway

Actually I like the first film best. But the second is very good too. Didn't care too much for the third.

Tigerstyles

long time coming for these.. yes mark avoid the turd its horrible...left a nasty taste in my mouth..

wonder what ending part 2 will have on it...or any extras

i've been waiting for these releases for too long... i got the universe dvd for tc1, the universe vcd for tc2 and the ocean shores vcd for tc3 so i will not buy them.. if only they got released earlier..

David Rees

Would love to get part 2, but one worrying thing is dts and dolby digital 5.1 remixes....no mono?...i dont mind 5.1 as long as there are no added sound fx!

even the recently released French Discs all had only 5.1 Downmixed and no Original Mono..

Would love to get part 2, but one worrying thing is dts and dolby digital 5.1 remixes....no mono?...i dont mind 5.1 as long as there are no added sound fx!

Agreed. New effects doesn't do anything for me, find that too distracting and annoying.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I'll upgrade on part 1. The last two are lame. Though the finalé in part 2 is great.

Am I the only one that likes part 3?

The storyline wasn't very memorable but the action really delivered for me!

The leading actor Kwok Leung Cheung had 2 good fights with John Cheung, a fight against multiple opponents which showcased his kicking and the endfight against Ridley Tsui was great! Fights seemed shorter here than in the 2 previous movies but were still enjoyable.

I liked all 3 so I guess I would have to upgrade all of them!

Does all three editions have original Cantonese mono track? I noticed the clip has new effects but I guess that's the DD 5.1 track, right?

Tigerstyles

im just trying to upload the same scene witht the mono track for you guys. it is def mono not a downmix..

i only have part 1 n 2... 3 was a drag

Archived