any bud spencer /terence hills fans on this forum?

globe

i am looking for swedish dvd coversor any good dvd covers of the following bud spencer terence hill movies

flatfoot in egypt

soldier of fortune

flatfoot

renegade

thanks

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fang Shih-yu

Sorry that I haven't any of those things, but I DO enjoy Terence Hill (I know of the Spencer/Hill team-ups from reading of them only), and that's on the strength of one film: My Name is Nobody! It's a "Spaghetti Western" I can go back to over and over again and never tire of it!:smile:

MY NAME IS NOBODY is seriously underrated. Paramount released a fully English-friendly special edition in Germany, apparently the only country where they own the rights - and it's the only release of the film even worth considering. It is a full on special edition with a fascinating documentary (in German w/optional English subtitles) that is full of surprises and goes a long way towards enhancing one's appreciation for the film. The Paramount release is taken from fully remastered HD materials, is gorgeous (aside from being inexplicably interlaced), and needs to emerge on Blu-ray like yesterday. I saw the US transfer on Netflix Instant and was mortified by how dull and murky it looked by comparison.

As far as Spencer/Hill films go, my personal favorite remains

It seems like an obvious influence on what Sammo Hung was doing with action/comedy a decade later, both in the style of the comedy and the action sequences. Needless to say, Sammo took the action elements a lot further, but for a 1974 slapstick comedy, WOWM packs some surprising, impressive action in with the goofy-ass comedy.

TibetanWhiteCrane

I have the danish version of Flatfoot In Egypt, if you can use that cover?? I'll try and scan it for you one of these days.

Fang Shih-yu
MY NAME IS NOBODY is seriously underrated. Paramount released a fully English-friendly special edition in Germany, apparently the only country where they own the rights - and it's the only release of the film even worth considering.

DVD Beaver's run-down of all MNiN variations on DVD also agrees that the Paramount German reissue is tops!:bigsmile: Where did you buy your copy?:ooh:

If I'm remembering it right, I got it from amazon.de right after it came out - it was the 4 disc set with both MY NAME IS NOBODY and the unrelated and wholly inferior NOBODY'S THE GREATEST aka THE GENIUS aka A GENIUS, TWO PARTNERS AND A DUPE - of note only as the very last Western Sergio Leone had any hands-on role in the production of. It's worth it, though - the documentary about that film picks up right where the MY NAME IS NOBODY doc leaves off, and is similarly fascinating.

dionbrother

WATCH OUT, WE'RE MAD definitely inspired the Sammo Hung comedies. I really dig I'M FOR THE HIPPOPOTAMUS. I got the Danish dvds about 10 years ago that had then-unique widescreen transfers of their more popular movies. Still looking for a good print of WATCH OUT.

ODDS & EVENS is great as well.

What you want to get For Nobody is this DVD :

http://www.amazon.de/Mein-Name-Nobody-Special-DVDs/dp/B0009RNL5U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1275130812&sr=1-2

It is the 2 DVD Special Edition. Seems to be OOP though so you need to ask sellers if they offer international shipping.

And the other westerns by Terence Hill and Bud Spencer are worth getting as well.

Re: title of this thread

Of course we grew up watching the movies of these guys For those who haven't seen any of their films check out They Call Me Trinity , Trinity Is Still My Name, We Are No Angels, Flatfoot Goes East/West ( can't remember which) etc

Let's not forget Turkish Superstar Cuneyt Arkin aka Steve Arkin aka George Arkins who also made the very entertaining Three Superguys Strke Again aka Three Superboys Strike Again plus tons more.Three Superguys was a huge hit in Africa so I would not be surprised if Globe has a print in his collection.

fpFWSD9JZ7M&feature=related

d29xN20bR20&feature=related

fGMdDE8x-4&feature=related

OUWVjWSYbcM&feature=related

g9jHnSNYMxU&feature=related

this goes all the way to part 8 if you have the time .Enjoy? they are early 70s to early 80s clips.

Archived