Super Dragon (aka Dynasty)

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Just watched this 1977 Kung Fu film (originally shown in 3-D) and noticed that the disc's 90:14 run time is 2:59 shy of the original UK cinema version. There are no opening credits (as well as a few jumps) which would likely explain the discrepancy. Does anyone have a version with the opening credits (preferably in Chinese)? I don't need the entire film just the credits. Maybe someone could post screen caps or a youtube of the opening 10 mins? Thanx to anyone who can help.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Silver Fox

I checked my copy of Dynasty and there aren't any opening or closing credits. There is a brief freeze frame of 'Warlord' and that's it. The run time is 92 minutes.

Guest Markgway
I checked my copy of Dynasty and there aren't any opening or closing credits. There is a brief freeze frame of 'Warlord' and that's it. The run time is 92 minutes.

Thanks for checking.

No credits on yours either? That's curious.

Never heard of the 'Warlord' title. I wonder where that print is from?

Super Dragon was retitled 'Dynasty' for the US and UK releases.

If your print runs 92m it might still be trimmed a bit as the uncut version (at least according to the BBFC) runs 93:13.

The Silver Fox

I bought my copy from a online retailer who sells 3D movies. I have no idea where the print was sourced from. The menu offers two options for whatever 3D glasses you have.You pretty much have to wear the glasses when you watch it.

The print is watchable but pretty faded and washed out. This film is something I had to buy because i remember seeing it on TV as a kid.

Hey, Markgway I'm curious as to what kind of shape the print is in on your copy. I noticed Far East Flix has this film too. I kind of want to buy it without the 3D effect.

Guest Markgway

It's a poor print to be honest. Cropped to 1.66 as well. I don't normally discourage trades but if you're looking for some kind of upgrade I doubt I have it.

easternfreak
It's a poor print to be honest. Cropped to 1.66 as well. I don't normally discourage trades but if you're looking for some kind of upgrade I doubt I have it.

Hi,

maybe that helps!

e25a42ef5d4ade61d02d9eeeddd861e42g.jpg]http://e25a42ef5d4ade61d02d9eeeddd861e42g.jpg

Regards...Easternfreak....:tongue:

Archived