Wind Blast (2010) Francis Ng, Wu Jing, Duan Yi-Hong, Yu Nan

DiP

Upcoming Chinese modern MA western from director Gao Qunshu (The Message) starring Wu Jing and Francis Ng.

f3845fU294U

blue_skies

Wu Jing appears to be a supporting character. I wonder if he'll gradually disappear? I hope not because he's clearly a talented on screen martial artist.

As for the trailer its failed to make me want to see it unless others have a good things to say about it.

Has anyone seen this movie? It sounds pretty good.

After the popular spy thriller The Message, acclaimed crime drama director Gao Qunshu continues his exploration of Chinese genre filmmaking with Wind Blast, a trailblazing contemporary western set in the Gobi Desert of China. Boasting hardcore action scenes of car chases and gunfights choreographed by Hong Kong action director Nicky Li (Legendary Assassin), the highly anticipated crime actioner revolves around four cops, two killers, and two fugitives whose destinies collide in the desolate sands of western China. It features a star-studded cast that includes Xia Yu, Duan Yihong, Ni Dahong, Zhang Li, Yu Nan, as well as Hong Kong actors Francis Ng, Charlie Yeung, and kung fu star Wu Jing, with a cameo appearance by Tse Kwan Ho.

Underground boxer Zhang Ning (Xia Yu) and his girlfriend Sun Jing (Charlie Yeung) are on the run from the relentless pursuit of four cops as well as a pair of merciless bounty hunters out to get them. What happened? A year ago, desperate for money to please Jing, Ning accepted the job to kill a man in Hong Kong. He then fled to the Mainland, where the police has dispatched four elite cops (Wu Jing, Duan Yihong, Ni Dahong, and Zhang Li) to investigate the case. They traced the fugitives to the unforgiving environment of the wild, wild west of China. Meanwhile, Ning's mysterious client (Tse Kwan Ho) learns that Ning possesses his criminal evidence, so he hires a couple of top hitmen (Francis Ng and Yu Nan) to silence Ning for good.

This movie sucks. Total waste of time. Some good visuals, but otherwise it's a horrible mess

I agree with this review:

http://www.filmbiz.asia/reviews/wind-blast

Nah. It could have been better, but it's pretty good. "Total waste of time" is IMHO quite an overstatement.

It's worth watching for the acting, visuals and atmosphere alone. Might not sweep you off your feet but if nothing else, it is at least worth giving a try.

my vote goes to pure suckage too.

waste of time it is, for being badly paced/anticlimactic and hardly ever interesting.

One Armed Boxer

This movie really seems to tear people down the middle, I'm still undecided weather to give it a go or not, the lack of martial arts isn't a problem for me, I'm perfectly happy to approach it as an action movie with gun and vehicle stunts....this recently posted review perked my interest again - http://www.fareastfilms.com/reviewsPage/Wind-Blast-2487.htm

This movie really seems to tear people down the middle, I'm still undecided weather to give it a go or not, the lack of martial arts isn't a problem for me, I'm perfectly happy to approach it as an action movie with gun and vehicle stunts

dont.

im perfectly happy with action flicks minus the MA too. the movie has other issues.

plenty of them. its so freakin annoyingly wack it hurts- but perceptions differ; for me, it would actually induce a vibe of aggression towards the flick itself and its makers for each and every action bit being underwhelming or straight up sucky (so sucky, i`d even fast forward during a # of action scenes).

contrary to what the reviewer says about the action, its so freakishly sub par compared to any good action movie, i wonder whether hes never seen any examples of exciting in your face action sequences to get a sense of what quality action actually looks like.

the lack of a coherent script would bother the heck outta me as well. now that aspect is messy like theres no tomorrow. the fareast dude appears to have realized that but doesnt seem to care (since hes been blown away by the fantastic locales and no holds barred top notch action ;-) )

total case of meh. boy, im really hatin on this one, aint i :angel::tongue:

I almost bought this the other day! Then I remeber how bad everyone said it was! I still want to see it, hopefully it will come on Netflix.