Legend is Alive

Improvisation

Improvisation

e9t5Ig_PKt0

Anyone know any details on a US release for this? It's been out for a while but I haven't seen any DVD come up. It looks like a really good movie and Dustin Nguyen always kicks ass.

what other vietnamese martial arts movies are on the horizon? Clash, I imagine, and anything else by johnny nguyen and his brother..

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to dig this up as it's been in the back of my mind for years...

does anyone have any idea how to get a copy of this film as it seemed to just disappear, but still, it would be nice to finally see it

ShaOW!linDude

Agreed! It's been over 2 yrs now. What has happened with this flick? I'm wanting to see this myself.

various web sources show it was released in '09, but no real hard evidence of it getting around. even mentioned as playing at the san diego asian film festival 2009...with no feedback?

Only REAL review would suggest maybe a bad take on the handicapped could have derailed this from ever getting the distribution backing it needed in the west...or east, north or south for that matter!

Review on Variety

Official Dustin Tri Nguyen page

asianwiki

Im just amazed nothing comes up AT ALL on google when searching for a dvd release, maybe we have to hit Dustin up personally?

bump diddyump

still having no luck sourcing a copy of this film, bad as some people say it is I really would like to see it

gwailosforever

I've been based in Vietnam for the past eight months working on the fringes of the film and entertainment industry. Recently I had chance to chat with two of the producers of the film plus Dustin himself.

The film was released theatrically in Vietnam back in 2009 during the new years holiday of Tet. Sadly the film flopped. It also received some screeings at several international film festivals. Since then the film has never been officially released on any home format anywhere in the world, not even in Vietnam. Having said that there is no real legit DVD market in Vietnam, but it hasn't even seen the light of day via pirates!

Apparently two production companies were behind the film, and without going into detail they now have some disagreements/issue with each other. This has resulted in the film being trapped in limbo and this might not change for the seeable future.

It's sad as Dustin is very proud of the film and he won best actor for it at The Golden Rooster Awards in China .

Apparently two production companies were behind the film, and without going into detail they now have some disagreements/issue with each other. This has resulted in the film being trapped in limbo and this might not change for the seeable future.

thanks for the info. That is a sad turn of events, was really looking forward to seeing it...someday

maybe in another 20 years

Archived