Dragon Dynasty goes blu-ray bats#it crazy in August

OldPangYau

OldPangYau

According to blu-ray.com, Dragon Dynasty will be releasing four blu-rays on August 10:

1. An Empress and the Warriors

2. Invisible Target

3. The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk

4. Tai Chi Master

In all honesty, the only one I'm looking forward to at all is Tai Chi Master since it's uncut... but even then, I'm still worried about those frame issues that plagued the DVD version.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first two should be fine as they are recent films with existing blu-rays available in HK. If Fong Sai Yuk is still the cut version, then pass. I don't think the Fist of Legend DD blu-ray had the frame issues (and I think the DVD did), so here's hoping we can finally get a nice version of Tai Chi Master.

OldPangYau
The first two should be fine as they are recent films with existing blu-rays available in HK. If Fong Sai Yuk is still the cut version, then pass. I don't think the Fist of Legend DD blu-ray had the frame issues (and I think the DVD did), so here's hoping we can finally get a nice version of Tai Chi Master.

Yeah, agreed, I'm far more comfortable with the two newer films having decent transfers... despite the fact that neither of those two are fan favorites. How come the UK branch of Dragon Dynasty is getting SPL (under the Kill Zone title, obviously) and Robin-B-Hood on blu-ray, yet we get "Empress" and Invisible Target? Lame. Seriously, all of the post 2000 films that DD has the rights for seem to have blu-ray releases somewhere. I know the Infernal Affairs Trilogy and FlashPoint also have HK blu-rays. Come on, release the better movies on blu-ray!

It's a shame their license with Fortune Star expired... could've had some good movies in proper HD. This probably also explains why they didn't use FS's HD transfer of The Killer for their blu-ray... ugh...

Archived