Chang Cheh's Shaolin Series

shukocarl

I know this must have been asked dozens of times but can someone list the Shaolin films of Chang Cheh in the order they were made (not neccessarily order of continuity)?

Thanks

Carl

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a guess

Heroes Two

Men From The Monastery

Shaolin Martial Arts

Five Shaolin Masters

Shaolin Avengers

Shaolin Temple

Invincible Shaolin

Shaolin Rescurers

Two Champions Of Shaolin.

This is a guess

Heroes Two

Men From The Monastery

Shaolin Martial Arts

Five Shaolin Masters

Shaolin Avengers

Shaolin Temple

Invincible Shaolin

Shaolin Rescurers

Two Champions Of Shaolin.

.............................and it is debatable whether Disciples Of Shaolin must be added somewhere in the list to make it a total of 10

TibetanWhiteCrane

HEROES TWO-Release Date: 01/19/1974

MEN FROM THE MONASTERY-Release Date: 04/03/1974

SHAOLIN MARTIAL ARTS-Release Date: 08/03/1974

FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS-Release Date: 12/25/1974

DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN-Release Date: 06/28/1975

SHAOLIN AVENGERS-Release Date: 06/18/1976

SHAOLIN TEMPLE-Release Date: 12/22/1976

I think those films constitutes the so called "Shaolin cycle" of films from Chang Cheh. Whether you wish to include NEW SHAOLIN BOXERS or the Shaolin based Venom flicks is up for discussion.

kungfusamurai
HEROES TWO-Release Date: 01/19/1974

MEN FROM THE MONASTERY-Release Date: 04/03/1974

SHAOLIN MARTIAL ARTS-Release Date: 08/03/1974

FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS-Release Date: 12/25/1974

DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN-Release Date: 06/28/1975

SHAOLIN AVENGERS-Release Date: 06/18/1976

SHAOLIN TEMPLE-Release Date: 12/22/1976

I think those films constitutes the so called "Shaolin cycle" of films from Chang Cheh. Whether you wish to include NEW SHAOLIN BOXERS or the Shaolin based Venom flicks is up for discussion.

And then there's Lau Kar Leung's Executioners From Shaolin which was the sequel to Men From the Monastery.

KFS

Showdown at cotton mill is the sequel to Shaolin Avengers. It may not be widely know that there is a direct connection with

Chang Cheh and Wu ma but Wu ma was Chang Cheh's understudy that took over his role of director at Chang Ho Film company in taiwan.

peringaten

Heroes Two may have been the first released, but I'm sure I've read in the past that Men from the Monastery was the first produced... someone would need to clarify.

IIRC Meng Fei's Prodigal Boxer was made before any of Chang Cheh's series, always wondered whether that one had any influence on these ones.

Fang Shih-yu

Daigoro, I like your white tiger graphic! The pose of the tiger makes me think of Thomas Nast's (the political cartoonist from the 19th Century) "The Tammany Tiger is on the loose" cartoon! Are you familiar with his work? If not, he was QUITE an artist! Look him up online!:bigsmile:

TibetanWhiteCrane
IIRC Meng Fei's Prodigal Boxer was made before any of Chang Cheh's series, always wondered whether that one had any influence on these ones.

I think you're right about that. Does anyone happen to know where that was shot? It was an indie, but used a lot of (rather obvious) interior for exterior sets!

Good point my friend!

It was released in march 1974 and his action director was Lau Kar Wing... Maybe this movie inspired .... a little... to Chang Cheh?

Alexandra

It was released in march 1974 and his action director was Lau Kar Wing... Maybe this movie inspired .... a little... to Chang Cheh?

I am quoting myself so... any psycologist in the Forum? :tongue:

And thinking about an hypotetical contest between Alexander Fu Sheng (presented by Chang Cheh as the new young hero Fang Shih Yu) and Meng Fei (the newcomer, but famous in Taiwan)

Both actors were physically similar (same hairstyle, baby faces, etc)...Could be a "competition" between: "who is be the best "Fang Shih Yu" "???

Alexandra

I am quoting myself so... any psycologist in the Forum? :tongue:

Yep you need your meds, Lexxy. :wink:

... Both actors were physically similar (same hairstyle, baby faces, etc)...Could be a "competition" between: "who is be the best "Fang Shih Yu" "???

Alexandra

Fu Sheng owned the role of Fan Shih Yu, imo. I never tired of watching the films where he was cast as the legendary folk hero.

Fu Sheng owned the role of Fan Shih Yu, imo. I never tired of watching the films where he was cast as the legendary folk hero.

Hahhahahahahahha! :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

You are right, give me the medicine!

I love Alexander in the role of Fang Shih Yu, but I am weeeeeeeeeak, you know, watching Meng Fei in the same role.........ufffffffffff! I am "infidele" like a friend of mine use to say! :kiss:

Hahhahah!

Alexandra

Fu Sheng [iowned the role of Fan Shih Yu, imo. I never tired of watching the films where he was cast as the legendary folk hero.

Except for in a few moments in Heroes Two when you think CKT could really whip Shih Yu's azz if he wanted to!

Archived