Worst ending ever

SilverRoc

TheKungFuRobber
13 minutes ago, HeavenSword said:

New Tales Of The Flying Fox takes the cake for most abrupt ending so far.....but also has the funniest freeze frame . 

Post has been dead for 10 years now, but my worst ending is probably the one on My Life is on the Line. It would be an all time classic if it weren't for the uneven story, which almost seemed like the director was uncertain at times if he wanted to make a serious drama or a comedy, with tragic elements such as rape happening almost immediately after a comedy scene. Dean Shek's character and the comedy elements could have been removed entirely and it would have been good to have actually had an ending. I won't spoil the film too much, but essentially the film ends with the main character Minute Fong (played by Man Lee Pang) doing a flying kick in the air towards Bryan Leung's villain character, who approaches to attack. The film freeze frames and the screen starts to pour blood and the ending credit follows... I would like to hopefully one day see the film in it's original language with subtitles because it might give a better explaination to the storyline and the situation of the characters. As far as I know, the film has never released in Widescreen other than a DVD in Italy, which appears to be matted from a 4:3 transfer as compared to the old VHS sourced Eastern Heroes DVD it is missing a lot of picture information on the top and bottom of the frame but adds marginally more to the sides.

• Like 2

HeavenSword
29 minutes ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Post has been dead for 10 years now, but my worst ending is probably the one on My Life is on the Line. It would be an all time classic if it weren't for the uneven story, which almost seemed like the director was uncertain at times if he wanted to make a serious drama or a comedy, with tragic elements such as rape happening almost immediately after a comedy scene. Dean Shek's character and the comedy elements could have been removed entirely and it would have been good to have actually had an ending. I won't spoil the film too much, but essentially the film ends with the main character Minute Fong (played by Man Lee Pang) doing a flying kick in the air towards Bryan Leung's villain character, who approaches to attack. The film freeze frames and the screen starts to pour blood and the ending credit follows... I would like to hopefully one day see the film in it's original language with subtitles because it might give a better explaination to the storyline and the situation of the characters. As far as I know, the film has never released in Widescreen other than a DVD in Italy, which appears to be matted from a 4:3 transfer as compared to the old VHS sourced Eastern Heroes DVD it is missing a lot of picture information on the top and bottom of the frame but adds marginally more to the sides.

Haha I’m kinda new , so just going through and putting my two cents in 💪🏽 Crazy, actually watched this movie the other day . Another  bad ending . 

• Like 2

Cognoscente
On 5/19/2010 at 4:09 AM, The Dragon said:

Enter The Dragon. After hearing what Shih Kien proposed to Bruce to add to their fight scene only to have Bob Clouse say no mas-their fight ended up being very anti-climatic.

(Kien proposed that he and Bruce use more traditional Shaolin Kung Fu & grappling techniques, and Clouse opted for the fake hand and mirrored room, ala Dr. No. Making it more Hollywood/Bond send up.)

They should have filmed an alternate HK cut. After all, Bruce certainly had the freedom to film an extra fight scene.

Back to the subject of worst ending, My Life's on the Line was frustratingly vague...although some might call the final fight a draw.

• Like 3