Can someone help me with the title of this movie?

kikam

I think its a movie from either late 80s to early 90s and its a movie about a one-armed swordsman. Actually he is being chased in the movie and almost killed, and he loses his arm and his sword which is a reaaaally broad sword is broken in the middle.

There is also a scene where he fights or gets helped by someone in a flying flower or something like that.

I dont remember so well since i watched this movie more than 12 years ago.

The movie was really dark and violent, and also it had magic in it, like people were almost flying and also the flying flower, or maybe it was a flying lantern with a person inside it, i think it was a woman.

Anyways if someone knows about this movie please let me know, it would be awesome to watch this movie again since i watched it that long time ago and without any subtitles so i didnt understand so much :D

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Knockabout

My first guess would be The Blade with Chiu Man Cheuk (or Zhao Wen Zhao), which is Tsui Harks version of the One Armed Swordsman movies.

It's been a while since i last saw it but i believe it did have quite a few people flying around, however, it was from 1995!

Another guess would be Last Hero in China, but that is only based on the person flying around in a flower.. It really doesn't match with anything else of your description!

I agree the first part sounds just like the Blade, not the flying flower part though. Maybe it was two movies and you're remembering it as one? :squigglemouth:

Hmm maybe that could be true actually, im going to try to get a hold of the blade and see if its that movie.

But when it comes to the flying flower or flying lantern (it was something red at least) it is not the last hero in china since i have that one myself on vhs,,,or is it? ill have to rewatch that movie again since i havent seen it in probably 15 years :S.

The only thing i remember is that it also was a dark movie with a lot of flying involved...if anyone knows about that movie I would be grateful as well ;D

Archived