Aegis

daisho2004

daisho2004

AEGIS: Has anyone seen this movie if so how is it?

Synopsis: A horror screenwriter goes with his pregnant wife to a check-up and creates a horror story about a woman who gives birth to a reptile! Despite his wife's disgust, he goes ahead with the screenplay. But the horrible prophecy fulfills itself, as his wife gives birth to a freak of nature. His baby is born half human, half lizard! His movie has become a mirror image of his own life as Umeki slips slowly into madness.

Starring: Sanada Hiroyuki, Terao Akira

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wizard12220

That's not the synopsis for the Hiroyuki Sanada's Aegis.

Here is the synopsis that I get from hogacentral.com:

Aegis is the most advanced and high-tech equipped warship, deployed only in a few countries in the world, named after the magical shield in Greek mythology. Japanese constitution that was adopted right after the WWII prohibits the country to possess the military forces, yet the Self Defence Forces was formed during the Korean War to serve the necessity to defend the country. SDF is not supposed to attack anyone until it is actually attacked first, due to this constitution. That means they cannot do anything, even though they clearly know that a deadly missile is flying towards the country's capitol. So what if that missle is powerful enough to destroy entire Tokyo and kill 12 million people?

That is exactly the question that the Japanese government is facing in this movie. One of the Aegis warship gets seajacked by a group of terrorists from a certain Asian country hostile to Japan, and they threathen the government with their tough demands, targeting a powerful missile, stolen from the U.S. military base, towards Tokyo.

Personally I think it's a solid movies (nominated for 11 Japanese Academy Award), and Trevor Jones got nominated for the original score.

daisho2004
That's not the synopsis for the Hiroyuki Sanada's Aegis.

wizard12220: Thanks for clearing that up for me, might have to give it a chance now.

Archived