The Art Of Fighting (2005)

GwaiLoMoFo

Just watched this action/black comedy from Korea. Read alot of mixed reviews about it but I thought it was pretty damn good. Action was more realistic and brutal, not stylized. Kind of similar to Karate Kid... if Mr Miyagi was a psychotic grizzled criminal on the lam. Worth a watch.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

Sounds interesting, I'm gonna have to check this film out. I know you said the fighting was more realistic instead of stylized, but what type of Martial Arts was used in the fights? Was it like a MMA style or more like TKD or Karate?

Style, hmm..... not much style. I would have to say street brawling, they never really discussed partiucular styles. More so "anything goes" type of fighting.

Mark Pollard

REVIEW: The Art of Fighting (2006)

Fending off bullies by any means is the subject of director Shin Han-sol’s dryly comedic actioner THE ART OF FIGHTING, starring 3-IRON’s Jae Hee and Baek Yun-sik (SAVE THE GREEN PLANET). It’s essentially a Korean KARATE KID with more bite, smarmy black humor and an uneven mixture of reality-based and absurd fight choreography from VOLCANO HIGH action director Lee Eung-jun. (more…)

daisho2004

The Art Of Fighting: Has anyone heard of this movie, if so how was it?

synopsis:

A coward by nature, Byung-tae has hard days enduring the bullies at school. One day, he meets Pan-su, an expert in martial arts, and under Pan-su's guidance, he learns how to fight back. He quickly learns how to avoid physical violence on him, but will he succeed in beating others? Now Byung-tae starts to learn what it really means to be in a duel and the true meaning of life.

i really enjoyed this movie! I bought the Kor LE back in the days..it has a really nice blooper (a coin)...this movie is worth more than a look!

Archived