Original Theater Kung Fu ads

urbankungfu

urbankungfu
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wooow! Excellent pix.

Lowes Paradise ...RKO Fordham ... Wakefield.

Some of my favorite old haunts.

For a few years now I've been wanting to hit up the archives of the NY Daily News and print out scans for film ads of the late 70s/early 80s. Perhaps this summer if I can find the time. Thanks for the reminder and if you have any more, please post.

Seeing these, this would be a perfect sticky post to post images of these classic ads. Brings back great memories from the days before I was born, but used to see these old clippings in various sites and magazines :)

urbankungfu
Wooow! Excellent pix.

Lowes Paradise ...RKO Fordham ... Wakefield.

Some of my favorite old haunts.

For a few years now I've been wanting to hit up the archives of the NY Daily News and print out scans for film ads of the late 70s/early 80s. Perhaps this summer if I can find the time. Thanks for the reminder and if you have any more, please post.

Hi - I'm glad you have enjoyed the pics! - I'm in the process of scanning a few more so....stay tuned!

Hector Martinez

www.urbankungfu.net

Yeah thanks for posting these. I still feel disappointed that I did have the experience seeing these films in a theater on a huge screen.

urbankungfu
Yeah thanks for posting these. I still feel disappointed that I did have the experience seeing these films in a theater on a huge screen.

Hi Magicpoe - Why were you dissapointed?

Urban Kung Fu

Jesse Smooth
Hi Magicpoe - Why were you dissapointed?

Urban Kung Fu

I think he meant to say that he didn't get to see these on the big screen. I'm envious of you guys as well. My dad saw many at the theaters, including 5 Fingers.

urbankungfu

urbankungfu
urbankungfu

Sometimes if we are lucky, there's a theatre in New York City called "Film Forum" and once in a while they would screen "Enter the Dragon" or a few Chow Yun Fat films. Sadly it is an end of an era.

Hector Martinez

www.urbankungfu.net

Archived