Fast and Furious 5

HyperDrive

HyperDrive

http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/is-universals-next-fast-and-the-furious-getting-a-dwayne-johnson-infusion/

Is Universal's Next 'Fast And The Furious' Getting A Dwayne Johnson Infusion?

By Mike Fleming | Thursday May 6, 2010 @ 9:17pm EDT

Is a match-up between action icons Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel in the works for the next installment of The Fast and the Furious? Sources tell me it’s not a done deal but that Johnson is eyeing a starring role in Fast & Furious 5. He's already is driving mode on the CBS Films revenge drama Faster, and here, it appears Johnson's character will be on the right side of the law. Fast & Furious 4 reinvigorated the franchise with a $155M domestic haul.

Riddick vs The Scorpion King... I'd peg it at 50/50 chance of being good or crap if everything falls into place.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dionbrother

Dwayne Johnson has killed his career. He could have been the new John Wayne, but just makes one mediocre miasma of celluloid after another.

HyperDrive

That brings up a question. Would modern Hollywood even know what to do with John Wayne?

daisho2004

Enough with the Fast & Furious BS movies! I only watched the 1st. one didn't even bother with the rest of them!

Guest WuxiaFan

Haven't seen any of them. I would watch the first one and I do like movies with good car chases and races, but how many times can a story revolve around macho guys and street racing?

:yociexp44:

blue_skies
Haven't seen any of them. I would watch the first one and I do like movies with good car chases and races, but how many times can a story revolve around macho guys and street racing?

:yociexp44:

If you're interested in top-notch car-chase sequences in my opinion the French do it best. Checkout the French version of taxi and to a lesser extent its sequels which are more comedy plus the Robert De Niro movie Ronin. both features some brilliant exhilarating high-speed action. Definitely not macho but you'd be hard pressed to find better car-chase scenes on film.:xd:

Guest WuxiaFan
If you're interested in top-notch car-chase sequences in my opinion the French do it best. Checkout the French version of taxi and to a lesser extent its sequels which are more comedy plus the Robert De Niro movie Ronin. both features some brilliant exhilarating high-speed action. Definitely not macho but you'd be hard pressed to find better car-chase scenes on film.:xd:

Thanks blue_skies! I will check them out! Any particular reason on the French version of TAXI? I saw RONIN a long time ago, but don't remember much about it, let alone high-speed action. Thanks again. :smile:

blue_skies
Thanks blue_skies! I will check them out! Any particular reason on the French version of TAXI? I saw RONIN a long time ago, but don't remember much about it, let alone high-speed action. Thanks again. :smile:

Sorry I wasn't particularly clear I meant the French production Taxi as opposed to the Hollywood remake with Queen Latifah. The Hollywood remake is truly woeful.

Archived