New Remastered Massacare Survivor Print

Ninja Sinai

I actually joined KFF way back in early 2005, when it was still Kung Fu Fandom. Unsure why it states I joined in 2007, think it maybe due to when Fandom moved over here to KFC. However KFF always holds a special place in my heart, if you notice I still have the number one post here in this section, right their at the top with over 35,000 hits and counting.

I personally know many of the masters of the genre moved away from here because of the attitude and bitchiness of a select few who thought that everyone should treat them like royalty and who looked down on everyone else who didnt see things as they did.

The old heads may remember the epic battle between me and falkor when he came on here with his "I have seen the greatest swordplay of all time 'Sword of Justice' and the rest of you people aint ready for it yet" attitude.

I still cant understand how Toby can stand this dude.

I havnt been in touch with Toby for years, will drop him an email and try to find out the real score. Hopefully he'll be able to clarify things.

I've noticed you only come on kff/kfc and complain how many bad posters are here over the years, and no offense, but this whole post was made just to stir shit up, contributing to the problem you don't like about the forum in the first place.

I ponied up some money for MS, I haven't even watched the flick yet as I'm on a Godzilla-Samurai kick at the moment, I can understand how some that put in more money could feel cheated but with the trading, it was inevitable everyone got it, one way or another, no use making this into a dramafest.

Falkor is a a loon, I find it amusing he thinks of these movies as cinematic masterpieces, I love my KF but very few achieve classic film status on par with say a Kurosawa film, but I understand his obsession, I guess on a lesser level lol. Face it, kung fu fans are a little nutty, maybe even more than the horror fans.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway
The old heads may remember the epic battle between me and falkor when he came on here with his "I have seen the greatest swordplay of all time 'Sword of Justice' and the rest of you people aint ready for it yet" attitude.

I remember. Does that make me an old head? :crossedlips:

thedirtytiger

Well Toby is my friend and he is reachable by email. He actually posts on here but most of you don't realize it. The deal was exactly as stated. Toby dedicated a huge amount of effort to get the reels, and also paid to telecine it, but didn't put it out as he knew it would be booted immediately and he would never make his money back. Falkor ( Giles ) kept pushing him and finally he said if you can get 2000 pounds then you can have a copy. That is exactly what happened and Shaolin Verses Lama is the same deal. Toby is just trying to make back some bucks for his 30+ years of dedication and hard work and we can not knock him for that.....

falkor is getting a bad name with the games he's playing. perhaps we could deal with toby directly for born invincible or for other

titles. as for massacre survivor, i thought i would drop in and tell what i know. there are many people who think there is only one

version of massacre survivor. there are two, possibly a third that 'someone' worked on post sale. the first copy is the one that the

person who sold it released to the 20 contributors. NTSC Format, 29.970 fps (720 x 480), Bitrate 6318 kbps, Progressive Scan, Audio

Bitrate 384. The second version is the release to the public. PAL Format, 25.000 fps (720 x 576), Bitrate 5980, Progressive, Audio

Bitrate 224 Released by Akuma aka Thuglife. I had alluded to working on Massacre Survivor before, but i have become pre-occupied

with other things, i just realised this thread was here today otherwise i would have tried to find the time to say it sooner. I've

had a closer look at both copies just now and come to a realization. There is no remastered copy. It is possible to make falkor's

version better but not without a lot of work on the RBG Scales. The rest of the print goes from between good to very bad. Regards,

Daigoro

clipboard01yr.jpg

clipboard01bp.jpg

Guest Markgway
Well Toby is my friend and he is reachable by email. He actually posts on here but most of you don't realize it.

OK. Fess up. Which of you is the real Toby? It's not me I swear. :tongue:

Drunken Cat

Don't worry, Falkor's so called "re-mastered" version is anything but. I've seen clips of this version (mostly the Yuen Cheung-Yan and Shih Szu training sequence). Like how Daigoro mentioned concerning the RBG scales to make the release better, I'm certain that this is all that was changed. The print quality is still the same as the Youtube clips Akuma posted. Only the color has been a little bit more corrected to see reds and yellows.

While I was impressed initially with the newly added colors (mostly the skin tones), I soon changed my mind. The colors are either where they shouldn't be, or look like they are running in areas. Guess you can call this version "A Mascara Survivor". :tongue:

Hopefully, this is just due to improper color balance; and not because of the quality of the print.

Ninja Sinai
Originally Posted by Tosh

I've noticed you only come on kff/kfc and complain how many bad posters are here over the years, and no offense, but this whole post was made just to stir shit up, contributing to the problem you don't like about the forum in the first place.

Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha [silver Fox laugh]

Tosh.. I remember you was one of the bitches I was referring to earlier.

You and Giles (falkor) used to be like Bert & Ernie from Sesame Street. What happened? Did you two have a break up?

Dont test the Ninja!

Just pointing out that you can't talk about trolls then make a thread just to start an argument and call people names.

But have at it, I'd assume watch a KF movie than sit here and argue about it.

Well Toby is my friend and he is reachable by email. He actually posts on here but most of you don't realize it. The deal was exactly as stated. Toby dedicated a huge amount of effort to get the reels, and also paid to telecine it, but didn't put it out as he knew it would be booted immediately and he would never make his money back. Falkor ( Giles ) kept pushing him and finally he said if you can get 2000 pounds then you can have a copy. That is exactly what happened and Shaolin Verses Lama is the same deal. Toby is just trying to make back some bucks for his 30+ years of dedication and hard work and we can not knock him for that.....

I don't think anyone here blames Toby for anything, really. The only question was whether or not he still owns the reels, or if falkor got them for £2000.

kungfusamurai

Whatever people want to call the original deal, the fact of the matter is Falkor sold is as an investment, and that he'd be investing people's money for a copy of the DVDR. Everyone who contributed should have had access to the original sent by Toby, not a copy of the original. Falkor may have down converted it so that he'd have the better transfer while everyone would have the sub quality version.

I think I'd be less critical if Falkor had given the money up front to Toby and came clean and said that he would only sell copies at 100 pounds each if 20 people in total came forward for a copy.

KFS

Fang Shih-yu
...Giles (falkor)...

falkor's name is Giles? That's the first name of Mr. French on "Family Affair", right?:tongue: Does he have any resemblance to Sebastian Cabot?:tongue:

perhaps we could deal with toby directly for born invincible or for other titles

Like the refsed dub from Big Boss for example

I don't think anyone here blames Toby for anything, really. The only question was whether or not he still owns the reels, or if falkor got them for £2000.

Toby still hasd the reels. They are the only reels out there. He's not giving them away!

LittleDragon

Fanboy Falkor is too busy posting over at FLK site !!

Seems he's no time to adress issues here over Massacre!!!:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Im not surpised he's decided to spend his time posting elsewhere when looks like most of people here are knocking him.

kungfusamurai

He's a big boy. He likes to belittle people who don't agree with his point of view. I don't think that adds much to the discussion. It's one thing to be knowledgeable, but if you're a prick, then it's a waste of bandwidth for everyone. The MS fiasco didn't help. Any goodwill points he could have earned with it was tossed out the window by him alone.

KFS

kungfusamurai

Are they all Born Invincible fans over there?

KFS

Ninja Sinai

Well falkor has posted comparison images from the new £306 remastered version vs the "street copy" which was delivered to the fans for £100.

Originally Posted by falkor over at FLK

I think if the clips are authored to DVD and played back on a non-progressive TV, you will definitely notice how jerky the street copy is compared to professionally restored version, which I paid £306 out of my own pocket for!

Also notice how the green bar at the bottom of the screen has been blended to be less of a distraction in the restored version.

Here they are:

01a.png

01b.png

02a.png

02b.png

03a.png

03b.png

Archived