New Remastered Massacare Survivor Print

Ninja Sinai

Ninja Sinai

Just interested to see if anyone has received the NEW remastered copy of Massacre Survivor referred to by Falkor over on another forum?

falkor said,

Fists, The Kicks and the Evils was shown together with the public premiere of the £306 restored version of Massacre Survivor--ultra sharp and ultra smooth with vivid purples and golds (non-street based copy). Great turn out--all the masters were there! Excellent atmosphere, but not quite as classy or good as the Bethnal Green showing IMO.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The print I received was certainly not ultra sharp and ultra smooth with vivid purples and golds !!!!!

Was there another release? Would certainly like to know! :squigglemouth:

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Ahh!

Back to my earlier posts about the fact I don't think the copy I have was transferred from film!

WTF MS, street version.

Take the $$$$ and run?

I bet you won't find the screen break I was talking about in the L306 version.

Someone get in touch with Sherlock Holmes over there he will get to the bottom of this.

:sad:

GD Y-Y

Ahh!

Back to my earlier posts about the fact I don't think the copy I have was transferred from film!

GD Y-Y

Your copy was certainly transfered from film. I guess they had the movie processed further?

peringaten

I was at the screening he's talking about... looked like exactly the same version that's on youtube clips to me, scratchy, grainy, washed out, etc... not ultra-sharp/smooth to these eyes... maybe he'd done some colour correction or something, but it definitely weren't anything much different to what everyone else got sent I reckon. Yeah the screen breaks or whatever you call them were there - where you get a drift of two frames into one - top & bottom with the line in the middle, if that's what you mean. Nothing to worry about folks. Great movie regardless.

Ahh!

WTF MS, street version.

Take the $$$$ and run?

I bet you won't find the screen break I was talking about in the L306 version.

Someone get in touch with Sherlock Holmes over there he will get to the bottom of this.

GD Y-Y

GD Y-Y ! Excellent Idea !

I have already contacted Mr Holmes & he may be interested in working with us IF we make it worth his time. Alas IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT ! Mr Holmes is NOT INTERESTED IN CHARITABLE WORK for the good of the Kung fu fans , but will graciously accept a fee for only 32,000 (!) British pounds .( He takes credit cards but not American Express )..How ever Mr Holmes is only available for a SHORTH time & this is a once in a lifetime offer !

I will ( for a SMALL fee ) be the middle agent & are taking donations for 1000 pounds each ( no small change thank you ..) & will deliver the fee to Mr Holmes. When the case is concluded to Mr Holmes satisfaction YOU will receive a copy of the report !!! In a special folder with Mr Holmes own Photo on the cover !! in addition an authentic ( printed from an ORIGINAL & nicely copied to your OWN report ) autograph ! I will guarantee not to upload the report to the web for a whole of 2 days past the day YOU will receive your copy . It will then be available for "PAY PER READ " for a price to be determined by me .

( Your report will be on a special paper & with ink that can not be copied ( no matter how you try ,So there !) )

THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OFFER --DO NOT MISS IT !!! ( For I will criticize you if you do ..)

Now hurry & PM me about your interest & scrape together the 1200 British pounds ( the 200 is my fee , but I take tip so feel free to add more !)

LET US MAKE THIS HAPPEN KUNG FU FRIENDS !!!

Yours truly Athena

I AM JUST KIDDING !!

( Just in case someone doesn't get my terrible sense of humor . So sorry , but it were just:crossedlips: TO TEMPTING !! SORRY ! Don't want to get beheaded:tinysmile_angry2_t: or kicked of the forum ,Sorry ! :squigglemouth::wink::kiss: )

Athena

PS. I am hoping the Shaolin vs.Lama is working out :nerd::xd:BIGTIME , so who am I to talk ?!

Guest Markgway

Hello, King Foo fans.

My name is Sherlock Holmes. I will gladly take on your case for £32,000. (Paypal only). I need the money to pay off my dealer. I don't guarantee any results. But this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you plebs to hire a detecting legend. If I don't hear from you by May 8th I will retire and all my cases will be handed over to Charlie Chan Esq.

Regards,

Sherry.

Hello, King Foo fans.

My name is Sherlock Holmes. I will gladly take on your case for £32,000. (Paypal only). I need the money to pay off my dealer. I don't guarantee any results. But this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you plebs to hire a detecting legend. If I don't hear from you by May 8th I will retire and all my cases will be handed over to Charlie Chan Esq.

Regards,

Sherry.

HA..that is awesome!!

Ninja Sinai

Originally Posted by peringaten

I was at the screening he's talking about... looked like exactly the same version that's on youtube clips to me, scratchy, grainy, washed out, etc... not ultra-sharp/smooth to these eyes... maybe he'd done some colour correction or something, but it definitely weren't anything much different to what everyone else got sent I reckon. Yeah the screen breaks or whatever you call them were there - where you get a drift of two frames into one - top & bottom with the line in the middle, if that's what you mean. Nothing to worry about folks. Great movie regardless.

From the clips falkor uploaded from the screening of the NEW MS print, it looked miles better than the "street copy" which the fans paid approx £100 for.

From back in the day, when I had my wars and battles with falkor right here on fandom, I realised he was in a bitch league of his own.

When he started this whole 'once in a lifetime deal' business, I had a hunch immediatley that he was trying to get fans to pay for him to own the REELS of MS, and in return he would send those that contributed, a DVDR.

Well it appears the Ninjas hunch was right, and for the £2000 falkor got his hands on the actual REELS of MS, while everyone else got a DVDR.

Now he wants to pull the same shit with the Shaolin vs Lama deal in my opinion.

Its because of bitches like him that me and many other fans moved away from being regular contributors here on KFF. Man their are so many legends like Bently etc, who by the way did an awesome custom fan job with Warriors Two, who that are no longer active here on KFF. Like me they got tired with all the politics, hoarder attitudes, the whole "you aint ready for this yet" shit attitude of falkor and those like him, that drove many fans like me away. I have to say I miss those days.

Personally I wouldn't trust that bitch falkor to even look after pandas in a zoo.

Fang Shih-yu

From back in the day, when I had my wars and battles with falkor right here on fandom, I realised he was in a bitch league of his own.

So that would explain your joining date vs. the number of posts so far: you've come back once you found out falkor left in a "huff"!... So, he truly is fixated on movies with "shapes"?... Well, it's all quiet on the Western front :tongue:, so let me welcome you back to the forums, if somebody hasn't done so already! I look forward to your future postings!...

Guest Markgway

Is Toby Russell a hermit?

Isn't there anyone here who knows how to contact him personally and ask what the deal was?

Would save all the speculation.

Ninja Sinai
Originally Posted by Fang Shih-yu

So that would explain your joining date vs. the number of posts so far: you've come back once you found out falkor left in a "huff"!... So, he truly is fixated on movies with "shapes"?... Well, it's all quiet on the Western front , so let me welcome you back to the forums, if somebody hasn't done so already! I look forward to your future postings!...

I actually joined KFF way back in early 2005, when it was still Kung Fu Fandom. Unsure why it states I joined in 2007, think it maybe due to when Fandom moved over here to KFC. However KFF always holds a special place in my heart, if you notice I still have the number one post here in this section, right their at the top with over 35,000 hits and counting.

I personally know many of the masters of the genre moved away from here because of the attitude and bitchiness of a select few who thought that everyone should treat them like royalty and who looked down on everyone else who didnt see things as they did.

The old heads may remember the epic battle between me and falkor when he came on here with his "I have seen the greatest swordplay of all time 'Sword of Justice' and the rest of you people aint ready for it yet" attitude.

I still cant understand how Toby can stand this dude.

I havnt been in touch with Toby for years, will drop him an email and try to find out the real score. Hopefully he'll be able to clarify things.

Is Toby Russell a hermit?

Isn't there anyone here who knows how to contact him personally and ask what the deal was?

Would save all the speculation.

I have pretty regular contact with Toby. Basically, how everything went down with Massacre Survivor is how it was presented on the forums. There's no secret. Falkor cut a deal with Toby to get a DVD of the film. Toby did the telecine & gave Falkor the DVD. Toby still has the reels, I think. The new Massacre Survivor DVD is something Falkor made with some post processing, but that's a bit of a guess on my part. Toby provides the movies on DVD. Whatever Falkor does with it afterward is his business. Toby has always been straight & fair with me. I don't doubt him. If this has become a fiasco, it's not Toby's doing. The sales & distribution of the film is entirely Falkor's project.

kungfusamurai

It sounds like the only survivor of this massacre has been Falkor.

I've never taken him seriously. I mean, he's enthusiastic, but he also likes to rub people the wrong way. Since he sells movies, half the time I think he plays up crap movies because he wants to make some sales.

What was the 306pounds amount being referred to? Was that the price of cleaning it up? Or was that the real amount he paid for the DVDR copy?

I think it would be interesting to find out what what the resolution was of the transfer. If he's blowing up a standard def single layer disc for these screenings, then it must look like crap. But if it looks crisp, then I'm guessing he might have gotten a high resolution transfer. So what did you guys who paid over a 100 pounds get?

KFS

kungfusamurai
I actually joined KFF way back in early 2005, when it was still Kung Fu Fandom. Unsure why it states I joined in 2007, think it maybe due to when Fandom moved over here to KFC.

That's what it is. Many people who came over have Oct 2007 as their join date. I can't remember if our profiles were imported from the old forum, or if we had to register from scratch. I just remember having to make a new avatar.

KFS

Fang Shih-yu

Is there a chance this reworked "MS" will be available on DVD for any interested parties, or is this another toy falkor won't share? What would Barney the dinosaur say?!:cry:

Archived