Who's a Elton Chong fan

WhiteTiger1

Elton Chong  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Elton Chong

Chia ling, that is the guy I am talking about, that dude has skills out of this world. I agree about Benny, though there was a couple of movies where he played it straight, real serious, have you seen 12 martial arts? Benny fought throughout the entire movie, no jokes.

• Like 1

silver hermit
17 to 3 tells a story doesn't it?! On this evidence the Elton doubters really need to take a long hard look at themselves...

lol no need to get so smug about it:crossedlips: lol its elton chong for godsake :tongue:

• Like 1

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
lol no need to get so smug about it:crossedlips: lol its elton chong for godsake :tongue:

:laluot_20:

DESCRIPTION
Another tribute video for another kung fu movie star. This time, for someone who does not to get too much mention at times, but he definitely deserves to be talked about and discussed amongst the fans. Enjoy this tribute video of the Korean powerhouse that is Elton Chong.

POINT OF INTEREST
1:12

Now there's a guy you gotta be hardcore to remember! Not a bad actor/stuntman (by HK standards of the time), but I always thought he lacked the MA skills to get any further than he did.

Anyway, good vid.

(Buddha Bless the Proxy.)

Chinatown Kid

I like Benny Tsui better than Elton Chong, he was great with Hwang in Masters of Tiger Crane. That hairdo of his was another story though...:crossedlips:

• Like 3

I like Benny Tsui better than Elton Chong, he was great with Hwang in Masters of Tiger Crane. That hairdo of his was another story though...:crossedlips:

I agree Chinatown Kid. I always preferred Benny Tsui as in my opinion, he onscreen fights came off more crisp and very agile. I suspect that Benny Tsui practice martial arts in real life. All that big 80s hair was icing on the cake, lol (classic 80s martial arts film)

• Like 2

I second that! I like Elton, but I wish Benny made more movies. Though it would have been cool if they did a movie together.

• Like 2

I am sure that the lead actor in the movie 12 martial arts (1978) is Benny Tsui. Though he is credited under another name: Ha Hu Seong; also I am sure that is him is Sogwon (1980) credited under these names: Ha U-Seong, Seo Byeong-han. His korean name is Seo Byeong Heon. So it is possible he has many movie we haven't seen or aware of

• Like 1

Chinatown Kid
I second that! I like Elton, but I wish Benny made more movies. Though it would have been cool if they did a movie together.

I hear ya Mr. Smooth! What I would have loved to see is a dream movie with all my favorite kickers battling it out. Can you imagine in their prime HJL, Tan, Liu, Sun Chien, Hwang In Sik, Benny and Cassanova Wong all dueling to see who would be the king of kickers? Man it gives me the chills just thinking about it....:smile:

• Like 1

Secret Executioner

This guy here is another Elton Chong enthusiast.  :nodding 

Benny Tsui is hilarious in this one - a stark (and also kinda strange) contrast to the stone-faced badass villain played by Hwang Jang Lee.

• Like 2

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Elton Chong is most certainly an acquired taste for sure.

As said the dude has great skill.

his humor is the acquired taste of the bit.

Elton only made 16 films.

5661b6ca98b7e_ZodiacPowerTheSuperMaster1

5661b6e50bcc0_NinjaoftheMagnificence1987

5661b718c23d0_DragonAgainstVampire1985-1

5661b71e174c9_FistoftheGoldenMonkey1983-

5661b72214adb_TheUndertakerinSohwaProvin

5661b7298472c_InvincibleObsessedFighter1

5661b72f3746a_ShaolinDrunkenMonkey1981-6

5661b7347aa97_TheMagnificent1979-20-b.th

5661b73acb5dd_WondermanFromShaolin1979-2

5661b7424e536_TheShaolinPlot1977-107-b.t

5661b747e5986_LoneShaolinAvenger1977-20-

5661b751551b9_BlackDragonRiver1976-1-b.t

5661b7548cc57_SecretAgent1976-1-b.thumb.

5661b747e5986_LoneShaolinAvenger1977-20-

5661b74d513e3_BruceLeesWaysofKungFu1977-

5661b7548cc57_SecretAgent1976-1-b.thumb.

5661b75f33679_SpecialMission1976-1-b.thu

Filmography (1976-1987)

Actor (18 films)
  Special Mission (1976)  
  Secret Agent (1976)  
  Black Dragon River (1976)  
  The 18 Amazones (1977)  
  Lone Shaolin Avenger (1977)  
  The Shaolin Plot (1977) ... Monk 
  Wonderman From Shaolin (1979)  
  The Magnificent (1979)  
  Shaolin Drunken Monkey (1981) ... Mo 
  Magnificent Natural Fist (1981)  
  10 Shaolin Disciples (1981)  
  Invincible Obsessed Fighter (1982)  
  The Snake Strikes Back (1982) ... Lam 
  The Undertaker in Sohwa Province (1983) ... Ethan Chang 
  Fist of the Golden Monkey (1983)  
  Dragon Against Vampire (1985)  
  Ninja of the Magnificence (1987) ... [Korean footage] 

Zodiac Power: The Super Master (1987) ... [THE UNDERTAKER... footage]

GD Y-Y

• Like 3

Your medical license just got revoked.

As a punishment you should sit through 'Magnificent Natural Fist' on repeat for a whole day.

Remember how last year I admitted to never having seen a Billy Chong movie. And I have seen three of them! I guess I shall be doing the same thing with Elton Chong next year. What are his best three or four movies?

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer

Remember how last year I admitted to never having seen a Billy Chong movie. And I have seen three of them!

Ha ha, I do....you definitely stay true to your word!

I guess I shall be doing the same thing with Elton Chong next year. What are his best three or four movies?

@Secret Executioner, you know how I feel about the Chong, I think you'd be better qualified to answer this one!:tongueout  Or alternatively just have a scroll through this thread to see what comes recommended.

• Like 1

I don't like the comedy in either Benny Tsui or Elton Chong's movies, but I must admit that they are good onscreen fighters, and I think that I have a slight preference for Elton Chong (maybe because I watched more of his movies than Benny Tsui's ones), and...Elton Chong has a best looking at face than Benny Tsui, sorry for Benny's fans...:bs_smile:

• Like 2

Shaolin Drunk Monkey (1981) - Oof...for every gem I find, I’m doomed to watch a pile of shit like this.

I’ll say one thing, some of the fights are good. Eagle Han Ying’s boot work in the opening fight is great. But, like many kung fu movies, this one becomes an interminable hodgepodge of irksome comedy and lame plot points. There’s just too much “nothing” going on. Also...the dub track is laughably bad at times.

Once the action really kicks in toward the end, it’s fine. Somewhat uninteresting for a 1981 movie but I didn’t hate it. There’s a pretty dangerous stunt where a guy rolls through fire seemingly without any safety gel or gear. Unfortunately, minutes before he does that stunt, the guy tears the head off a real chicken.

I don’t think I’m a fan of Elton Chong at all, really. He does nothing for me.

• Like 5

ShawAngela

I just watched @TheKungFuRobber's release of Invincible Obsessed Fighter and...wow ! I enjoyed it a lot ! There was a little bit of comedy that wasn't as annoying as in the other Korean movies he played in and I laughed at loud at this moments, but the fights were great and most of the movie was serious for once. And, as I said earlier in this thread, Elton Chong is a good screen fighter, and some of the fights have great choreography in this movie !

• Like 2