Who's a Elton Chong fan

WhiteTiger1

Elton Chong  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Elton Chong

WhiteTiger1

Here's a few of his movies

Shaolin Incredible Ten (10 Disciples of Shaolin)

Shaolin Fist Fighter (The Magnificent Natural Fist)

Shaolin Drunk Monkey

Deadly Shaolin Longfist

The Snake Strikes Back

I for one did not like any of these movies.:xd:

• Like 1

prinnysquad

10 Shaolin Disciples is an enigma. A bit bland for most of the film, then it kicks off with 20 minutes to go. Mike Wong on that chair, spinning around, is great. Elton Chong gave a great action performance in those last couple of reels; really energetic.

• Like 1

Elton Chong movies are really funny (more stupid) and insane but the man can kick ass. I personally really enjoy his movies and am a Fan, I think lol.

I have just recently finished adding the english dub to the french wide print of Invincible Obssessed Fighter, all synced nice. Fixed up the colours by adding colour filters and got rid of alot of the video noise.

I will be uploading it very soon, Just working on designing the menu right at this moment.

• Like 1

Yang Wu Liang

I can take him or leave him - He's a great screen fighter but his comedy antics make Dean Shek look like Larry David!

Good work with 'Invincible Obsessed Fighter' Akuma, that French print is real nice but it is slightly cut - mostly 'comedy' bits which you won't miss though.

I'm sure my mate 'Chia Ling aka Judy Lee' will spring to his defence as soon as reads this!

• Like 1

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee
I'm sure my mate 'Chia Ling aka Judy Lee' will spring to his defence as soon as reads this!

You know me too well mate! :xd:

I'm a big Elton Chong fan. Firstly, nobody can deny the dude has skills. Secondly, which is a matter of taste admittedly, he is funny. I can appreciate Jackie's old school canto-comedy routines in limited doses, Elton and co took that and knowingly ramped it up to surreal proportions. The combination of high-octane under-cranked action with mind-melting comedy is always going to divide the fans...

If celluloid psychosis is not your bag, there are some equally good films which aren't dominated by Elton's dementia to check out such as Magnificent Wonderman with Casanova Wong and Hyeon Kil Su.

Akuma - nice one, Invincible Obsessed Fighter is the best film for action by Elton Chong and Mike Wong. The end fight is untouchable.

Prinnysquad - I agree, I was dozing off until Mike Wong came on in his chair!

What I'd like to see is the original version of Arahan... :nerd:

Arahan2.jpg

• Like 1

While I'm not too fond of the movies he made, I am impressed with his martial arts skills. First movie I saw him in was what would become ZOMBIE VS. NINJA (ZOMBIE RIVALS was the actual film I believe) and he did some impressive kicking in the finale against the villain.

• Like 1

I love 10 shaolin disciples, boring as but when the fights break out theres some quality old skool action! snake strikes back is brilliant too, Eagle Han ying kicks some serious ass, in the choreography stakes too. Love that ending shot, Elton looks bad ass. I think the choreography in these movies is up there; intricate, explosive and excellently performed. The one I need to see is Invincible obssessed fighter, that fight is outrageous! Akuma, where you uploading it to? Or can you get a dvd?

• Like 1

prinnysquad

I've got the Hong Kong Connection dvd of Invincible Obsessed Fighter, but haven't watched it yet, so I've no idea what the source print is like. Akuma's version will be better though!

• Like 1

kungfusamurai

He's alright. I don't care for the comedy, and he's sometimes hard on the eyes, but his fighting is great!

KFS

• Like 1

Elton Chong and Mike Wong make up one of my favorite pairings in kung fu movie history, period. Invincible Obsessed Fighter and 10 Shaolin Disciples have final fight scenes so long and over-the-top they're epic, and both have the kind of "flying roundhouse kick to the face of a hapless opponent" greatness that only a Korean TKD flick with them can provide.

and thanks for the picture of Arahan, Judy Lee. Judging from what I've seen of the IFD spliced-up version, this is probably one of his best films, but only having a IFD spliced-up version to see this film by, yeah.. I think I'm going to go harm myself.

• Like 1

thedirtytiger

Where did that wicked wide version come from ?! Would love to get my hands on a copy...?!?!?! :tongue:

• Like 1

you might get a hour of nonsense but you will def have a mad last half hour of pure boot with a good villian when it comes to elton chong , i prefer benny tsiu

• Like 1

you might get a hour of nonsense but you will def have a mad last half hour of pure boot with a good villian when it comes to elton chong , i prefer benny tsiu

Yeah Benny Tsiu is a good kicker for sure:

u8yjdG3ljnU

• Like 1

kungfusamurai
Where did that wicked wide version come from ?! Would love to get my hands on a copy...?!?!?! :tongue:

There were a number of these korean kung fu films released in France under Bach Films. They're french language only, but they're 2.35:1 on the most part. The person who put together the page below did a nice detailed job of describing the films, and in some cases, offering screenshots and the english alternate titles (click on Dossiers in the left-hand menu, then 'La Collection DVD Bach Films' to see the selections)

http://www.hkmania.com/from.php?fromurl=http://www.hkmania.com/Dossiers/bachfilms/5foudr.html

KFS

• Like 1

I like Elton, he definitely had the skills, the comedy in his movies is unbearable though, and I've sat through a lot of KF comedy over the years to the point where I like it now.

• Like 1

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

17 to 3 tells a story doesn't it?! On this evidence the Elton doubters really need to take a long hard look at themselves...

I'm glad you're a fan Rdenn! No doubt Benny has skills but none of his films stand up against Elton's, which I think have a much stronger supporting cast... Mike Wong, Bi Wun, Kim Yong Wan are legends in their own right!

Yakuza, you clearly have excellent taste, I salute you. I hope to hunt down Arahan, I refuse to submit myself to a spliced version! Zombie Rivals was enough for me!

• Like 1

i think bennys tsiu thunderkick can stand up to anything elton has done , the handwork and kicks in that movie are sick, anyone know who that villian was in thunderkick, and i have always wondered who did the action on these movies , did the koreans do it themselves ?

• Like 1

I voted like for Elton Chong as I always liked his movies and grew up on them. Elton is no doubt a great fighter, but eventhough I like him and his movies, I always preferred Benny Tsui a little more. I think Benny Tsui's kick was more impressive to me because he has great speed with his kicks, something I found Elton Chong lacked a bit. The one thing that Elton Chong had it his movies, that Benny didn't was a strong supporting cast, Mike Wong, the female fighter that always appeared with them, Jin nu ri, and that guy would usually played the villian, I forget his name. I felt Benny Tsui had to carry his movies on his own and he did an awesome job of it.

• Like 1

Chia Ling AKA Judy Lee

Rdenn, I've been investigating that cast member, no solution yet I'm afraid! I'm pretty sure the Koreans did the choreography themselves, although the kmdb rarely lists them. I think they were strongly inspired by the HK/Taiwan scene but also incorporated a lot of taekwondo and hapkido moves to cater for the stars' abilities...

Ching Li, I'm glad we agree about the supporting cast. I think the guy you mean is Bi Wun aka Chui Jing Yat - absolute quality!

The one thing about Benny is that he seemed to only ever learn properly in time for the final fight, the rest of the film he would play a bumbling fool and the action would suffer for it! I always felt he was an Elton-clone!! :xd:

• Like 1