The Transporter: The Series

AlbertV

Dark Horizons:

Producer Luc Besson, EuropaCorp and Atlantique Prods. are teaming to bring "The Transporter" film franchise to the small screen reports C21 Media.

Filming kicks off in Canada and France next February on a twelve episode first season of hour-long episodes which will follow the same premise of a mercenary who delivers packages without asking questions.

The project will be helped along by a considerable $4 million per episode budget. Casting is not yet locked, though film series star Jason Statham is not expected to be involved.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dark Horizons:

British actor Chris Vance ("Prison Break," "Burn Notice," "Dexter") is set to play the lead role of Frank Martin in the upcoming Cinemax TV series based on "The Transporter" film franchise reports EW.

The show follows a professional transporter who is hired to carry out various jobs, usually taking top secret packages from one place to another. The twelve episode first season is said to come in at a considerable $48 million budget.

Luc Besson, who wrote the three films, will executive produce the new series which begins a five-month shoot this Summer in Europe and Canada. The show will air in 2012.

chrisv_article.jpg?1305916938

ShaOW!linDude

Bah! Why don't they just do a 4th film and redeem the film franchise?

AndyWayne84

Ill pass. They might as well do an all new Transporter flim than a tv series the only person i see as Frank Martin is Jason Statham why??? because he is The Transporter.

blue_skies
Bah! Why don't they just do a 4th film and redeem the film franchise?

I can't say the series has any redeeming movies imho. I've went into each one wanting to like them but each time I'm left disappointed.

ShaOW!linDude
I can't say the series has any redeeming movies imho. I've went into each one wanting to like them but each time I'm left disappointed.

Really? You didn't even like the 1st one? Man, I thought that one rocked!

The 2nd wasn't too bad. Did not like the end fight in it, that's for sure! I was sorely disappointed. I just knew the villain (who was shown having some MA chops) and Statham were going to have a good throwdown.

The 3rd? I thought that one was a major disappointment. Maybe I need to watch it again. Just can't bring myself to do quite yet.

Ill pass. They might as well do an all new Transporter flim than a tv series the only person i see as Frank Martin is Jason Statham why??? because he is The Transporter.

I agree. Jason Statham is the Transporter! Can't see anyone else playing Frank Martin.

blue_skies
Really? You didn't even like the 1st one? Man, I thought that one rocked!

The 2nd wasn't too bad. Did not like the end fight in it, that's for sure! I was sorely disappointed. I just knew the villain (who was shown having some MA chops) and Statham were going to have a good throwdown.

The 3rd? I thought that one was a major disappointment. Maybe I need to watch it again. Just can't bring myself to do quite yet.

Really it shocked me as well. I even bought the DVD a few years after watching it thinking perhaps I wasn't in the mood for it. I still didn't like it. It's all right but wasn't as good as it could have been.

I think for me the biggest disappointment was the car-chase sequences. I think I expected much better having seen what the French guys did in the Taxi films, well mainly the first Taxi film, and in Ronin. While Statham does a good job in the action I just couldn't help thinking a real MA talent could have done better. All in all it never reached my expectations.

Strangely I enjoyed the second film a lot more but still don't think an awful lot of it. The third one was just awful. Mind you I have to say they have some lovely eye candy in these movies!:xd:

ShaOW!linDude
Mind you I have to say they have some lovely eye candy in these movies!:xd:

Well......I agree except for that 3rd one. That chick was trying to bring back the disaffected Euro-trash heroin chic look. (She looked like she needed to be disinfected.) I couldn't stand her character either. I kept wanting Statham to shove her out of the car.......at a high rate of speed.

blue_skies
Well......I agree except for that 3rd one. That chick was trying to bring back the disaffected Euro-trash heroin chic look. (She looked like she needed to be disinfected.) I couldn't stand her character either. I kept wanting Statham to shove her out of the car.......at a high rate of speed.

I do agree with you but have you not been repulsed and still attracted? or is it just me:squigglemouth:

ShaOW!linDude

It's you.

No, I'm just kidding.:tongue: I know exactly what you mean.

AndyWayne84
Really it shocked me as well. I even bought the DVD a few years after watching it thinking perhaps I wasn't in the mood for it. I still didn't like it. It's all right but wasn't as good as it could have been.

I think for me the biggest disappointment was the car-chase sequences. I think I expected much better having seen what the French guys did in the Taxi films, well mainly the first Taxi film, and in Ronin. While Statham does a good job in the action I just couldn't help thinking a real MA talent could have done better. All in all it never reached my expectations.

Strangely I enjoyed the second film a lot more but still don't think an awful lot of it. The third one was just awful. Mind you I have to say they have some lovely eye candy in these movies!:xd:

Your not alone on enjoying The Transporter 2 more than the first one. That's the Transporther flim i watched the most on DVD but can't explain why though, Stateham did a decent job pulling off the fight scenes despite i thought Stateham had real Martial Arts trainning???

OldPangYau

The second film, while the corniest/cheesiest of the three, is without a doubt, without a DOUBT, my favorite of the trilogy :tongue:

It's just so batshit crazy, you can't help but have fun with it! It's definitely the most fast paced of the series, and the garage fight was definitely a highlight. Plus the soundtrack was the best of the three ("Painful (Morphium Mix)" by Sin, "Cells" by The Servant, and the overall score).

The most dumb and logic-deprived of the three? Most definitely. Ton o' fun? You bet :wink:

dionbrother

Statham has studied Brazilian JiuJitsu and boxing. I think he studied karate in his youth(he talked about idolozing Bruce Lee and Jet Li in his younger days). He also has a screen presence and acting ability that, say, Oliver Gruner wouldn't bring to the job.

The second works a little better because it is nonstop in it's pacing, although the martial arts content is a little disappointing (really needed a big fight between the lead baddie and Frank).

The tv show may not be too bad. I'll give it a chance when it hits dvd.

One Armed Boxer

I also agree that the second one beats the first, in pretty much every respect. It's like they realized that the movie would be the most fun if they filled it with completely ridiculous "could only happen in an action movie" situations...I remember the scene where Statham flips the car, just so he use a hanging hook to swipe a bomb that's attached to the bottom of it, made me laugh out loud the first time I saw it.

The Crank movies also go for a similar over the top feel, although I could have done without the kaiju scene in the second one, seemed out of place.

Interestingly on the deleted scenes of the first Transporter movie, it looks like they where originally going to go for a more over the top tone....there is one scene where Statham deflects a missile fired at long range just with a baking tray...sadly it never made it into the final cut!

The Crank movies also go for a similar over the top feel, although I could have done without the kaiju scene in the second one, seemed out of place.

You know I never did get around to seeing Crank 2, I must see that some time.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
I also agree that the second one beats the first, in pretty much every respect. It's like they realized that the movie would be the most fun if they filled it with completely ridiculous "could only happen in an action movie" situations...I remember the scene where Statham flips the car, just so he use a hanging hook to swipe a bomb that's attached to the bottom of it, made me laugh out loud the first time I saw it.

Interestingly on the deleted scenes of the first Transporter movie, it looks like they where originally going to go for a more over the top tone....there is one scene where Statham deflects a missile fired at long range just with a baking tray...sadly it never made it into the final cut!

I had the same "What are you kidding me?" laugh at the hook scene. But somehow, the movie charmed me into just going with it. I really enjoyed the first two, but I thought the third one was a chopped up piece of nonsense with way too many cuts to the fights and closeups of that chick's face. Blah.

Through some miracle, I got my wife to watch both CRANK movies with me, and we really loved them. The Kaiju scene worked for me and cracked me up.

Blue-Skies- CRANK 2 is a B-Movie fan's wet dream. 100% ridiculous exploitation from start to finish. It's filled with great characters, tough guy and gal lines, bad ass music, OTT action scenes, ample nudity (all hail the film that features women with real, natural breasts!), and one WTF moment after another. A trashploitation classic!

Back to THE TRANSPORTER... I remember the deflecting the missle scene that OAB mentioned was in all of the US trailers for the film, and I was bummed when I saw the movie and it had been cut out.

According to IMPACT Magazine, Andrea Osvart has joined the cast. She will be playing Frank's "handler" Carla, the one who gives his all of his jobs who is also a former CIA operative.

Beyond Hollywood

And good news....Francois Berleand, who played Det. Tarconi in the movie trilogy, will reprise his role in the new series.

Cast as well is Delphine Chaneac (the mutant in SPLICE) as Olivia, a reporter who knows a lot about Frank, and Rachel Skarsten (BIRDS OF PREY) as Delia, the daughter of someone from Frank's past.

The series will tie-in to the original trilogy of movies. This is what executive producer Bernard Bouix stated:

"We wanted to stay connected to the three movies," explained the producer. "We wanted to keep a geographical tie. François Berléand [is] back in the series. So we wanted to be kind of like the cousins of the three films." (DigitalSpy)

had the (unfortunate) opportunity to check up on 2 episodes yesterday.

straight to the point- its not for me. is it for u ? if you`ve got a below average iq, attend middle school and have posters of shiny cars with powerful engines on your bedroom wall, then its a yes, possibly.

dialogues are beyond retarded, stories are tiresome and lack coherence even on a tv production level, mano a mano action is for the chop sock kindergarten crowd, car action is handled in a formulaic, repetitive way, actors and the characters they portray are forgettable, uninspired and sometimes outright annoying.

makes all 3 feature films look like the cream of the crop of a-grade action cinema.

"the cape" type trash idiocy that will probably go away again rather sooner than later.

ShaOW!linDude

I had completely forgotten about this. I didn't even know it had aired. So, it's that bad, is it? I'm not surprised. Par for the course.

Cyril Raffaelli is the action director on this series and ive just seen 2 episodes and i thought the action was not to bad.

Hey U.S. fans...we're finally gonna get the chance to see The Transporter series...when??? This fall....TNT will be airing the series as they have scored the U.S. rights. Production on season 2 will begin in February, but we will get to see the series from the very beginning come fall.

Hitfix

Archived