7 Knights and 8 Banners

BlackLamaFaction

BlackLamaFaction

I stopped at the Kung Fu video shop in my city yesterday and looked at all the movies I've already seen when this video caught my eye. I was thinking how could a movie star Chang yi, Philip Ko, Chen Sing, and Lo Leih and I have absolutely never heard of it. The quality of the copy was less than great and the editing of the story line was a little confusing at times, but the Kung Fu and choreography was among the best I've seen in any classic Hong Kong film. The stories main star Chen Fu Jian was fantastic and there was a strange cameo by Doris Lung Chung Erh as a witch or demon being followed by a mime, that I thought was a vision the main star was having until she appears at the end of the filmto fight him. The version I have is by Golden Dragon. Does anyone know if a better version exists? Also was it just me or did anyone else have trouble interpreting certain parts of the film?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whitetigerny

Ching Yi is the Villain with Red Hair and Condor Kung Fu.

7 Knights take on the 8 Banners Clan.

Got 2 Versions of this;

1) A BETA Videocassette. The opening Katas are intact.

2) Flashlegs print: Green tint and missing the opening katas and credits.

BlackLamaFaction

I watched the film again last night to try and gain some clarity. It was more confusing the second time I watched it. I think it comes down to this version is missing some scenes possibly key scenes. On top of that the witch and the mime at the end just blows my mind. I have no idea what is going on there. It is pretty cool though.

Archived