new project "Bruce Lee" featuring Tony Leung Ka Fai?..

ben

on-set photos

Brucelee.jpg

Aarif Lee (center) as Bruce

Bruceleegroup.jpg

Cast and crew...on the far right is Bruce's brother Robert.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4DVB1hK7R9k

At last, a story about The Little Dragon that won't forget he had siblings, and a Father who was most influencial on his life!

This may finally be the big-screen treatment Bruce deserves. Damn the Linda Lee files!

Looks cool enough...

Those are some SLICK publicity photos. Aarif Lee looks awesome as a teen/circa 1960's Bruce Lee.

What else has Raymond Yip Man-Wai directed?

Also, I've only seen him in Gallants, but I'm already sick of MC Jin.

I have this thing with Asians talking like they're black! It's just with Asians, too... don't know why. Maybe being Asian myself, it just makes it seem super-phony!

Looks cool enough...

What else has Raymond Yip Man-Wai directed?

Sixty Million Dollar Man (1995) - Stephen Chow spoof of Inspector Gadget and Six Million Dollar Man

I'm Your Birthday Cake (1995)

Till Death Do Us Laugh (1996)

Portland Street Blues (1998) - spinoff of Young and Dangerous

For Bad Boys Only (2000)

Those Were the Days (2000) spinoff of Young and Dangerous

City of Desire (2001)

Loving Him (2002)

Women From Mars (2002) - funny film about three chauvinists who go to hell only to find its overcrowded so they lose their members as punishment.

Beauty and the Breast (2002)

My Dream Girl (2003)

Anna in Kungfu-land (2003)

Fate (2008)

Lost on Journey (2010)

ShaOW!linDude

I'm interested in this. It couldn't be any worse than "Dragon" and I liked that to some degree.

that second trailer looks terrific, so happy they have the boxing plot in there cos thats one of the things i enjoyed about the most in the bruce thomas written biography of bruce, alot of other things in ther too i hope make to screen and i'm certain this will do better financially and for HK fans tastes, cant wait :P

Where is Aarif Lee (Rahman) from?

Aarif Lee/Rahman was born in Hong Kong. He made his film debut in ECHOES OF THE RAINBOW, which earned him the Best New Performer awards at the Hong Kong Film Awards earlier this year. He is also a singer, having signed to Leon Lai's Amusic Records. His father owns a cleaning company in Sai Kung.

To prepare for the physical feats for Bruce Lee, he trained at Billy's Gym, the school run by former HK film baddie and kickboxing champion wonder Billy Chau (Chow)

MAZ's trailer was removed by the user.

k02VTnDaTng

Soooooo... it's basically a Bruce Lee biopic done more in the style of films such as Fearless and Ip Man?

Eh, also "cautiously optimistic".

New poster from Twitch

BLMB-Poster-HK.jpg

And those who wonder, Shannon and Linda had absolutely no involvement in this film. It was all Robert and Phoebe Lee this time (Bruce's brother and sister) as well as their other sister who were personally involved with this film. Of course, the media is speculating that Linda and Shannon are not too happy with the siblings' decision with this. Check out the Hollywood Reporter for the story.

I find it funny that Linda and Shannon are not happy with this film but gave there blessing to the god awful tv series Legend Of Bruce Lee. Perhaps its because there was no money for them in this venture...:Ayociexp120:

Finally got around watching this. Despite few factual errors (like the reason why Bruce took up wing chun), I now think we have the most authentic biopic on Bruce Lee offered to us to date. This covers Bruce Lee's life as a kid into his late teens; like how his family went through the war, how Bruce befriended his best friend Unicorn Chan (later his film associate during his prime film era) and how he formed his own street gang, working on films as a child/teen actor (The Kid, Thunderstorm, The Orphan), his first love interests, some of his reputed fights (including a challenge with a British boxing champ), his brief period of training wing chun with Yip Man and Wong Shun Leung, and lastly his involvement with criminals (although the true story supposedly had Bruce beat up a kid of a triad family, not anything related to drug dealers) which led him to go back to the US.

Altogether, it was very impressive. Casting was pro (you can see people worked their asses off to make appropriate choices when casting actors in the roles, they fit) and so was the sets and CGI. Another cool thing was how some scenes were direct references from Bruce Lee's films. Like the Chinese translator for the Japanese/British (Fist of Fury), Bruce's second fight with the British boxing champ with a cat chilling and meowing beside them (Way of the Dragon), and the redone theme from Way Of The Dragon (wonderfully composed by Chan Kwong-Wing, also behind the music score for some of Donnie's recent films). For action junkies, just look elsewhere. There are three major scenes but the choreography (by Chin Kar-Lok, also in a cameo playing the late actor Sek Kin) is not showcased "properly", as in not showing the good-looking techniques with clean camerawork/editing. Overall, as a Bruce Lee biopic it's nowhere near perfect but at least a hell lot more accurate than Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story.

8.5/10

This is a good film and finally a great screen treatment of Lee's early life. Never before had his family and associates been truly correctly represented. Hats off to Robert and Phoebe.

I just wish they could say what they ultimately feel happened to Siu Loong. I get the feeling it's as if they're waiting for someone to no longer be around; wait too much longer and none of us will...

:squigglemouth:

Archived